Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: Very basic question about elements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to find a good explanation of the effect of different elements on one another in battle - other than the reference to fire/water/wood being like rock/paper/scissors. And how does light and dark play? Is there a known quantifiable effect?
What is the meaning of the arrow symbols which appear over enemies (sometimes up, sometimes down) when you hold certain orb colors?
I've been playing for quite some time but for some reason missing these basics!
Can anyone help or point me to the right FAQ/guide?
Light and Dark is not weak against any elements.

But your light monster will deal 2x damage to dark enemies.
likewise with your Dark monster will deal 2x damage to light enemies.

The up and down arrow doesn't mean anything.

If you were holding a Blue orb, you'll see an Up arrow on Fire enemies and a down arrow at wood enemies.
It just tells you that Water deals 2x damage to fire and 1/2 damage to wood that's all.

(The damage you received is always FIXED regardless of elements. It is the damage you are dealing that were affected).
Seems you got your answer but make sure you post questions in the Q&A section please!
(07-03-2013 11:03 PM)vandals01 Wrote: [ -> ]Light and Dark is not weak against any elements.

But your light monster will deal 2x damage to dark enemies.
likewise with your Dark monster will deal 2x damage to light enemies.

The up and down arrow doesn't mean anything.

If you were holding a Blue orb, you'll see an Up arrow on Fire enemies and a down arrow at wood enemies.
It just tells you that Water deals 2x damage to fire and 1/2 damage to wood that's all.

(The damage you received is always FIXED regardless of elements. It is the damage you are dealing that were affected).

Ok. The x2 vs 1/2 helps a lot. Makes sense now what is happening when I try to beat a water boss with fire. Thanks!
(07-03-2013 11:23 PM)Kaz Wrote: [ -> ]Seems you got your answer but make sure you post questions in the Q&A section please!

Will do. Thanks Kaz.
Reference URL's