Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: so ... why is Amaterasu so popular ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just curious why so many people like her ? .. I constantly have tons of ama friends on my friends list...

sure she heals a lot ... but there comes a point in the game where u'll just one shot my monsters ...

paired with odin, she'll help you with the regular hera dungeon, but really nothing past that, mirite ?
Can get through all of the normals and easy mode weekly specials, yeah you don't autowin descends other than Hera but nothing else does so much (except lucifer, of course)
high level and +rcv eggs make Amat O the strongest autohealer, and a lot of dungeons can use autohealers for safe runs. So figures that she'd be popular

Note that unevolved Amat is not very good, and low level Amat O's have too low of a rcv to compare to other low-mid lvl Sirens and Alraunes
Ama is great for a lot of weekly dungeons as well as No RCV dungeons. Her and a Resist lead with decent HP and you can get through the Skydragon dungeons fairly easily.

Most dungeons, she's a must for an Odin lead.
I think people use AMA so they don't have to worry about healing and it's also very good to have her as a lead on the skydragons and ones she get a healer sub type you might like her even more Kane maybe. O if you have room u mind adding me Kane your monsters are such a beast I sent a request tom@pf
I actually thought of how useful she might be with a healer subtype, but ...

her active skill is pretty useless for a healer team, which is the same with ceres. although ceres has much higher hp ... the only thing that would be good is that she is a light element... but then there's venus, who has more hp and stronger attacks ... so I dunno hah.

and tom, I denied your request twice because ... basically you didn't have any monsters up that would be useful to me and my valkyrie would do nothing for you. I left your request up for a few days and I never saw a valk ... I'm not sure how my valk would benefit your team. nothing against you, I just want to limit the # of people on my list that I wouldn't use and who wouldn't use my leader
Really wanted her on my Heroics account for a long time. I got over it. There are a few things that would be easier, but if I were going to name things I wanted, other things were consistently showing higher on the list.

So my Chance account has now pulled 2 in 7 lifetime REM pulls. I can only hope it gets Ultimate Evos.

Anyhow, it will allow for certain brain-dead farming, and before the Spike team ascension towards the king position, it was prime for being quite useful in Odin and Zombie / Resolve tactics.
I'm wondering if Ama's ulti evolution will come with a decent hp buff. That could give her value on a healer team. Otherwise, yeah, there are plenty of better options (including the second Valk I'm working on).

Kagustuchi got ridiculous stat buffs in his ultimate evolution, but that might just have been because he sucked.

...actually, I guess it would be interesting if Ama got more RCV, too. I haven't led with her in a while, but there are extra opportunities that could open up (e.g., Zeus in Starlight Sanctuary), plus zombie teams would become stronger (e.g., for Endless Corridor).
Ama was useful back in the day, and of course, no skill needed. Obviously, due to power creep, she's not really useful anymore. I think it would be cool to see Ama come back, and be more useful, but active skill sucks =(. I don't know who Ama would replace if she were to get a healer sub, since she's mostly be a stat stick, and Venus is better.

Bumping up Ama's RCV.... I dunno, I guess easier farming with Ama/Odin, but Ama/Orochi does those pretty well, especially if you use a ninja or two. Makes it super easy. Just no new dungeons really use her.
(07-18-2013 07:35 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I actually thought of how useful she might be with a healer subtype, but ...

her active skill is pretty useless for a healer team, which is the same with ceres. although ceres has much higher hp ... the only thing that would be good is that she is a light element... but then there's venus, who has more hp and stronger attacks ... so I dunno hah.

and tom, I denied your request twice because ... basically you didn't have any monsters up that would be useful to me and my valkyrie would do nothing for you. I left your request up for a few days and I never saw a valk ... I'm not sure how my valk would benefit your team. nothing against you, I just want to limit the # of people on my list that I wouldn't use and who wouldn't use my leader

O I c I do have a valk it's not busty yet that's why I haven't used it
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's