Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: Which Fertility Deity Ceres would be better? (Mono-Green)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have come across the interesting question as to what I should evolve to.

Seeing as I'm primarily making a Mono-Green Team, this question is kinda weird because of her secondary options when she's used in other teams.

Mono-Green team currently looks like this:

Ceres will be max leveled and evolved today to Fertility Deity Ceres.

Her evo forms both have different advantages that I hope to make use of, but I'm not sure which would be "better"

Holy
- Light Subtype is pretty good for dark dungeons, but I likely won't use the 50% Light that it provides.
- Healer subtype would be great on a Valkyrie team, unfortunately, I lack a Valkyrie, though this possibility is very enticing for a healer team if I can get around to making one.
- My Mono-Light team is relatively nonexistent, which is a darned shame.

Devil
- Dark Subtype is better for Light dungeons, though I'm unsure how she would fit into a Hardcore Descend team.
- Devil Subtype is generally useless to me as I don't have anything close to a Devil team (May make later, but doubtful)
- My Mono-Dark team is coming around consisting of Persephone, DDK, Vampire Lord, and Hades. She might be able to fit on there and add additional utility as a sub.

I mean, both stats are the same for these two, but I can't tell if one is more useful than the other. I'd rather not spend 6 Dub Myths to undo my decision xD.

Thanks for the help.
I'd go light and it's very possible to get a valkyrie, (from her dungeon), in which case she is a great asset to a healer team.

Light just gives you more versatility to options that may open up soon. If you have no devils now, while you can farm some, it would still be tough to field a solid team. But with healers you can farm healer types when valk comes around e.g. siren, echidna, and shynee.
She has no utility in a dark team unless it's a lucifer team.
She has fairly little utility in a healer team except as a stat stick -- and not a particularly great one at that (cause you might as well bring another valk). The last thing you need on a healer team is... more healing.

Unless you're willing to backtrack the evo at some point, I'd say just hold off on evoing her until you find a compelling reason to do it either way.

But if you are dead set on ulti evoing Ceres, I think she ultimately fits into more useful roles as a Dark Ceres than as a light one.
Oh dear, it seems that this ultimate evolution has some conflicting advice.

A Valkyrie Team would be amazing for me, but I lack the main component of it... A Valkyrie. I shall be needing to obtain this sometime, but I am unsure if it is even feasible. There is, of course, the fact that a Valkyrie team would just be better without Ceres on it.

I think I might take the Devil (Dark) Route because of the ability to potentially fit on a Lucifer team (LUCI CANNON, AHOY), and the eventual upcoming Satan Descended (3.5x Attack to Devils + King Baddie Activation! Zero RCV? No Problem FULL HEAL)

And yes, I'm pretty dead set on Evolving Ceres because she looks soooooo silly in her unevolved states.
That's why she fits well on a valk team. Is because health is a problem and the heal helps this situation out.

She does fit well on a dark team though her strong RCV is pointless if you're running with Satan and his -???? RCV

She also is good on an Astaroth team as a stat stick.
Heh she fits well on devil/astaroth/satan teams not just because of her stats but because of her full heal.

Realistically though the active skill is irrelevant outside of Lucifer teams because of the prohibitive cooldown. Eventually if you can skill it up to a 10 turn cooldown, then she becomes an incredibly attractive option for negative rcv teams and/or crazy high HP teams.

(07-20-2013 07:41 AM)stephen.1064 Wrote: [ -> ]That's why she fits well on a valk team. Is because health is a problem and the heal helps this situation out.
Sorry, but this just sounds like you have no idea what Valk teams actually are. Ceres' skill is useless on a Valk team because health is the problem, not healing.
Well that was a bit harsh.
I was just intending that health is the problem in general. HP pool is the main issue yes, but also because you're not able to take multiple hits. You're usually trying to heal a lot of the turns and If you run out of hearts you can pop that. It's just to help. Obviously healing shouldn't be an issue because it's a healer team.

The skill can always help out in a bind.
(07-20-2013 07:45 AM)slope Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this just sounds like you have no idea what Valk teams actually are. Ceres' skill is useless on a Valk team because health is the problem, not healing.

teach me how to use valk team Big Grin !
(07-20-2013 08:15 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2013 07:45 AM)slope Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this just sounds like you have no idea what Valk teams actually are. Ceres' skill is useless on a Valk team because health is the problem, not healing.

teach me how to use valk team Big Grin !

Wow Kane. Wow.

The secret to using a valk team is to run Valk with a 297 Valk friend. As such, you must first friend Kane before attempting to run Valk. Look, his friend ID is right there in his sig!

(07-20-2013 08:12 AM)stephen.1064 Wrote: [ -> ]Well that was a bit harsh.
I was just intending that health is the problem in general. HP pool is the main issue yes, but also because you're not able to take multiple hits. You're usually trying to heal a lot of the turns and If you run out of hearts you can pop that. It's just to help. Obviously healing shouldn't be an issue because it's a healer team.

The skill can always help out in a bind.
Let's just be clear once and for all: Valk teams are for the most part kill or be killed. Your priority on Valk teams should initially be to maximize your damage, and when you reach a point in the game where you can afford to do so, start working on getting your HP to a level where you don't get one-shot. RCV/healing actives is never going to be an issue, especially if you already have a Siren on the team.

Valk teams don't worry about surviving multiple hits. They worry about surviving *one* hit. Because as long as you don't die, you'll pretty much heal up to full when you do your next combo as long as you match 3 hearts. This is why a healing active like Ceres' is for the most part worthless. If you find yourself in a place where Ceres' skill is frequently useful on a Valk team, then you're most likely doing something wrong.
(07-20-2013 07:45 AM)slope Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2013 07:41 AM)stephen.1064 Wrote: [ -> ]That's why she fits well on a valk team. Is because health is a problem and the heal helps this situation out.
Sorry, but this just sounds like you have no idea what Valk teams actually are. Ceres' skill is useless on a Valk team because health is the problem, not healing.

hey her skill helped me live in multiple senarios. granted they wre just me worrying too much but her skill has some value. and i honestly dont see the point of a 3rd valk on your team itself. way too much useless overlap. also having a ceres is nice it lets me beat super saphires with healer team!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's