Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: Best Team: Amaterasu + ADK + CDK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am about to ditch my Valkrie team for this one and my wife shelved her 6 star all-dark Loki team for this one as well. She is got 6 star Amaterasu and 2xADK, 2xCDK and I really feel it is the perfect team. I have 6 star Amaterasu and two ADK's as well, have to pray I can eventually get the CDK's but resist dragons are good substitutes.

But the beauty of this team is versatility when it comes to late games combinations: (Also I think you can replace Amaterasu with high level, RCV raised Siren and be just almost just as successful, at least until Amaterasu is super high level with super high RCV, but your investment is much much smaller)

Amaterasu+ADK - You will simply add ADK helper for a 2.5x damage team, with five orb switchers at 9 turns each and be able to utilize 4 of the 6 gem types for damage. Amaterasu makes your only weakness in RCV a moot point. In farming mode you can do ADK + ADK using Amaterasu and all the RCV you invested into him as teammate for safety without having to invest in another healer. But against anything serious Amaterasu + ADK with ADKx2 CDKx2 is really the perfect balance between damage and safety.

Amaterasu + Odin - The two ADK's gives this traditional slow team the best damage output you can ask for. Swap one of the CDK's for Lilith/Neptune, and you get a Hera team.

Amaterasu + Resist / Dual Resist - This is where I feel this team really shines and where my Valkrie team is really bad. In set up's like this survival is usually not a problem, the orb switching power of ADK/CDK combined with their high base damage really makes the resist set up a lot better.

And flexibility is great, you can swap out one of the ADK or CDK with more powerful dragons (mech's for example) when you get them. 3 million base experience means you can get good results as well. The only team I can think of that has a chance to beat this is a dark/light team loaded with gods (Her all-dark team, if equipped with enough Hera's may be able to beat this), but Amaterasu leader combined with good damage is just too safe.
Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

1) If you're playing two ADK leaders, having Ama on you team adds some RCV but very little else. You're far better off having an Echidna in her place because Echidna's skill can save your life, giving you more time to kill a boss.

2) An Ama/Odin team filled with ADKs will never beat Hera. How do you survive Hades' attack?

3) Amaterasu + Resist / Dual Resist is a good pair of leaders for an Expert-level dungeon, sometimes more than expert. But I don't see what you gain from the ADKs/CDKs at this point. Sure, if they're you're highest-level monsters, throw them in there. But you don't get their leader skills, and their orb-changing is contributing a lot less, with other-color leaders. And if it's a really tough fight, you're possibly gonna need a max-skill siren on your team, further diluting the green/black coloring.
1) The idea is in late game Amaterasu + ADK helper with ADK/CDK/dragons as teammates will become your main set up. The traditional 6.25 ADK is only for farming easier dungeons. Going to 2.5 damage with Amaterasu may slow things down but makes the game far less stressful. No need to save orbs, no need to plan cooldowns, just blast away. The low RCV of dragons make them ideal when paired with Amaterasu, when I tried Amaterasu with healer girls I feel like my 2000 RCV is all wasted.

The only Amaterasu/Odin, Amaterasu/Resist team that can out-damage ADK/CDK while having similar health pool for safety would have to be a team loaded with 6-7 star gods. Even then, four orb changers covering four colors, 9 turn each is just too much damage, and a lot easier to obtain by comparison.

2) You have to be above the health threshold but I believe Amaterasu + Odin was listed as one of the easier/safer Hera set up's. So swap out your lowest health ADK/CDK's with rainbow/poison should work in theory.

3) The main issue I had with Valkyrie/Lokie etc is once they are demoted from leader, their active skill's are really weak in comparison to orb changers, especially if you need to mix in resist's which breaks team color. ADK/CDK provide incredibly good damage even when they are not the main players, makes them ideal in teams like Amaterasu+Odin, Amaterasu+Resist, dual resist etc where you do not get any multipliers.
The dungeon context plays a big part in the Best Team discussion, too...

When talking the last tier normal dungeons (with the exception of Zeus in the final normal dungeon) and Hera, Amaterasu+Odin let's you just cruise. I don't feel that 4 subs comprised of ADKs and CDKs is the best use of that leader pair, though. In the normal dungeons, I would much prefer higher damage and boss killing potential, so 4xHera/Hades/Zeus would be preferred. On Hera, simply make that 3x the gravity members and sub in a Neptune. If we are talking strictly farmable potential subs, I am not sure if I would pick the knights over mech/resist dragons.

When talking 2 Heroes, I would not bring Ama/Odin. The dungeon sort of calls for Abyss Neptune/Toyceratops for a much higher likelihood of a 0 stone clear.

When talking Zeus, you are looking at strictly the highest damage per turn, so a maxed ADK team could certainly contend, but Amaterasu doesn't really factor into the team at all (and a 4x dark team with the element bonus or a 6x or 9x dark/Zeus team would probably still be safer bets). I am not sure it's possible to build a max skill 3x Echidna team with enough HP to tank Zeus for a 0 stone clear in the US version (I don't think 4x HP with Shaitans is enough).

When talking the Legendary mech dragons, double 50% resists is a much safer clear than any other option. A stacked, maxed 9x Zeus team would probably be able to blow through these, but I haven't tried to put a team together to test that (and 50 stamina is a bit much to spend experimenting for me).

Amaterasu and ADKs/CDKs are great, but I don't know that a team of just those members would be my pick for best team.
(02-17-2013 12:30 PM)hitmantb Wrote: [ -> ]1) The idea is in late game Amaterasu + ADK helper with ADK/CDK/dragons as teammates will become your main set up. The traditional 6.25 ADK is only for farming easier dungeons. Going to 2.5 damage with Amaterasu may slow things down but makes the game far less stressful. No need to save orbs, no need to plan cooldowns, just blast away. The low RCV of dragons make them ideal when paired with Amaterasu, when I tried Amaterasu with healer girls I feel like my 2000 RCV is all wasted.

The only Amaterasu/Odin, Amaterasu/Resist team that can out-damage ADK/CDK while having similar health pool for safety would have to be a team loaded with 6-7 star gods. Even then, four orb changers covering four colors, 9 turn each is just too much damage, and a lot easier to obtain by comparison.

2) You have to be above the health threshold but I believe Amaterasu + Odin was listed as one of the easier/safer Hera set up's. So swap out your lowest health ADK/CDK's with rainbow/poison should work in theory.

3) The main issue I had with Valkyrie/Lokie etc is once they are demoted from leader, their active skill's are really weak in comparison to orb changers, especially if you need to mix in resist's which breaks team color. ADK/CDK provide incredibly good damage even when they are not the main players, makes them ideal in teams like Amaterasu+Odin, Amaterasu+Resist, dual resist etc where you do not get any multipliers.

I think the reasoning you have is pretty sound until you get to dungeons where enemies can one shot you, which includes the last tier normal dungeons and the harder event dungeons. At that point, you're sort of left with the option to either reduce the damage to manageable thresholds or kill before being killed.

In the former case, it's actually the Odin that is the critical member of the Hera killing squad (as one example) -- the Amaterasu just makes it automatic to recover rather than manual via orb to RCV and stall members. Stacked resists is a viable strategy with even non maxed team setups for the Legendary mech dragons, for example, whereas other options such as mono color or damage multiplier teams are viable but only when near or fully maxed.

In the latter case, the 6.25X team is surprisingly viable, as long as you level the team up sufficiently. In such a team, diluting the damage multipliers with a leader to recover HP (that doesn't reduce damage) actually detracts because the auto healer does not fulfill one of two necessary cases (reduce to survivable thresholds or spike damage). Echidnas and Orochi's are popular as subs because they provide the window necessary to make the kill without precluding the two stacked damage multipliers.
Yeah, agree with Proc (who's played more dungeons that I have and probably has a better idea what he's talking about). ADK is great. Ama/Odin is nice. There's just no synergy between them. If you're using ADK leaders, you want dragons on your team. The only healer that could be worth adding is Echidna.

If you're using Ama/Odin leaders, there's no particular reason to fill up your team with ADKs. Their orb-changing helps Odin, but not Ama, and their leader skill (the main reason to use them) doesn't activate. At that point, you'd fill up your team with whatever the dungeon requires. For example, Rainbow Keepers if you need high hp/damage resistance.
Hmm I guess the other point hitmantb is making is that, not including a bunch of 6-7 star gods, 4xADK/CDK members is the best option for damage. I we thinking that mech dragons or resist dragons would be a better option, but if he already has a couple of resist dragons in his squad and is comparing it to his wife's all ADK/CDK team, he has a good point of reference. Like he says, maybe there isn't a better option outside of a few gods.

I jumped too quickly at the Best Team point.
First of all, there is no such thing as "Best Team". This is a puzzle game, adjust your team to cope with different scenarios.

And even there is, it would never be a defensive team. Ppls are forced to play defensively when their monsters are low leveled, but in the end an offensive team can handle everything. And personally, I don't really understand why ppl would rather play defensively with turtle speed, instead of play offensively for efficient farming. If you don't have other choices, ok I understand. But I've seen some really high rank players keep doing that, and that kills me.
If i stand even a remote chance of being able to combo out a boss before it kills me (~250k hp per five turns, after gravity and adding 5*armor) I'll be going for damage instead of turtling. Unfortunately, 250k barely scratches the surface of many of the special dungeons.

It also backfires in the early stages more often than i'd like to admit. Dying to 3 knights and 1 demon because three dark orbs refused to spawn after two turns in wave 3 (after waves 1-2 went down to "accidental" combos) is pretty much a weekly occurrence
Reference URL's