Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: Gold Dragon Dungeons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was new when the god fest for Easter started and so I don't really know how rare a Gold Dragon Dungeon is. I have my eyes set on a Light team so could anyone be nice enough to tell me how often the dungeons for Gold Dragons come out and if not, the second easiest way to level Light monsters Smile

Thanks!
Yesterday's was the first time in months that we had one, though I'm not entirely sure why. Metal Dragons are the most common, but nobody has been able to explain why gold dragons so much rarer since there isn't anything about light monsters that makes them better than the rest. I'm guessing that its because they're also worth gold... but gold isn't really an issue in this game thanks to the weekend dungeon.

Hopefully it'll change. I'd like to see gold dragons become part of the regular cycle of metal/jewel dragons, but who knows. I don't see why not.

2nd best way to level them up is to use evolved pengdras and deal with the fact you're not getting the 1.5x experience modifier.
Well, before yesterday we prolly haven't seen a gold dragon dungeon in 2 months. So not very often at all.
Gold dungeons = super rare at the moment.

Feed your light monsters all the off-color kings and evolved pengdras they can possibly stomach.

My personal theory about rarity has to do with the gold ratio from the gold dungeons- which is fairly high and assuming you are selling the little dragons and only using the kings/high ones you end up with a gold ratio alarmingly close to the weekend dungeons.

Gold while abundant at higher levels is a barrier for entry that encourages grinding at lower levels. Before I had sufficient stamina to run multiple dungeons effectively I had to wait on gold or mats before I could evolve/power up some of my monsters.

A weekly gold dragon dungeon basically negates that barrier to entry.
it's pretty rare. i started around mid-feb and this is my first time seeing it.
compare to jewel dragons and metal dragons, it's really rare!
haha....oh well, it's only 66% of exp decrease if I used other color monsters to get exp. Not too bad i guess...thanks! Oh, does it normally just come out during events and godfests like this easter?
Honestly I think the last one we had was on new years or valentines or something like that, so holidays and "special events" only at this point.

That's probably why you saw so many people spending stones when it finally did come around, which is probably the exact reason behind keeping it rare. GungHo knows that the rarer an event is, the more likely people are to invest stones for stamina on it.
(04-02-2013 02:42 AM)Ragnorock Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I think the last one we had was on new years or valentines or something like that, so holidays and "special events" only at this point.

That's probably why you saw so many people spending stones when it finally did come around, which is probably the exact reason behind keeping it rare. GungHo knows that the rarer an event is, the more likely people are to invest stones for stamina on it.

True true, or just plan smart and almost level up and rank up like crazy so you could non stop running for free for an hour
Honestly between farming for dragon plants on thursday, tech dungeons on monday for pengdras, and whatever day the jewel dungeon for those same color pengdras drops getting light monsters to level isn't that painful.

I managed to do Great Valk -> Princess Valk, Apollo -> Solar Deity Apollo, Mech Golem Mk2 -> Mech Golem Mk3, Verche -> Verche Knight of Sky and a second Valk max leveled using that alone. I believe at the end I had something like 60 fully evolved red pengdras I just started chain feeding them. It took one long thursday farming plants, the entire monday spent in the red tech dungeon doing pengdras and two ruby jewel dungeon days.

Now getting the mats to evolve your light monsters is another matter entirely.
It's worth spending stones with a 2x king event, but not if it comes out without one since normal and high gold dragons don't give enough xp.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's