Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: Need some advice on how to proceed going forward (Bastet Leader)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need some advice on how to proceed going forward
I've been playing for a couple months and am now at lvl 95.
I'm at Tower To The Sky. Just need to beat Beautiful Being to clear it.
I think if I Ultimate Evolve my Flowerdragon to FGP and pair it with Artemis, I can probably beat this level.

I've been building a decent Mono-Green team with Bastet lead 90% of the time.

I'm a decent orb mover, but not great like what I've seen on youtube videos.

I have a couple of RKs and plenty of EVO materials to evolve some of my monsters, but don't am still not sure if I want to continue green, or go with my best monsters since Bastet in a way, allows me to do that.

I think I have decent monsters for a light team, and some basics for a blue team also (just opinion).

Here's my lineup:
(level in parenthesis)

Green/Wood:
Love Deity Feline Bastet (36)
Ancient Dragon Knight (45)
Dragon Knight (38)
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard (34)
Shining Wood Fafnir (29)
Flowerdragon Brachys (28) - I have 2 RK's to Ultimate Evolve to FGP, but those damn RK's are so useful
Toyceratops (35, Maxed)
Flame Armor Ogre (50, Maxed)
Earth Dragon (15)
Green Keeper (Qty 2)

Red/Fire:
Phoenix Knight (52)
Volcano Dragon (33)
Ice Samurai Ogre (24)
(I started with the red starter dragon and my dumbass fuses him)

Blue/Water:
Fenrir Knight (50)
Shardran (13)
Plesios (19)
Blue Dragon (1)
Ice Golem (19)
Mermaid (25, Maxed)

Yellow/Light:
Amaterasu Ohkami (22)
Ancient Light Dragon Laphroaig (16)
Verche (63)
Holy Dragon (25)
Genie (6)
Light Keeper (Qty 5)
(Been trying to farm the Light Starter Dragon on Expert in the Special Dungeon...0/6 so far. Been feeding the monsters to Verche.

Purple/Dark:
D'Spinas (17)
Devil Dragon (16)
Lilith (42)
Succubus (10)
Pierdrawn (28)
Rainbow Keepers (Qty 2)
Dark Keeper (Qty 6)

Looking for some advice on what I should focus on going forward and how I can improve my team. Maybe it's just that I need to MAX out my existing lineup.

Thanks in advance.
Hello there.

You could have built a decent mono-fire team if your Tyran did not get fused Tongue

Every element is missing an orb changer, while you dark roster has none. It appears that you have been progressing with Bastet team, so you should be fine.

Another team you can build is ADK team. It composes of two ADK leaders and all dragon-type monsters. The thing about ADK teams is that it may have high HP and ATK, but has lower RCV. You may want to sub in your Mermaid here to cover up that weak point.

Perhaps if Heroes Descended comes around, you can take it a shot with your evolved Toyceratops, that is Fortoytops, to get yourself a Highlander and field a nice mono-wood team. More details about Heroes Descended in the Guide section of the forum.
Thanks for the feedback Xirtas.

I thought about the ADK team, but I understand it will have some setbacks in the harder dungeons (but then again, I'm pretty stagnant right now). I can focus on getting my Dragon Knight to ADK.

If you had my lineup, what would you do?
(05-17-2013 08:19 AM)IKeelU Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback Xirtas.

I thought about the ADK team, but I understand it will have some setbacks in the harder dungeons (but then again, I'm pretty stagnant right now). I can focus on getting my Dragon Knight to ADK.

I would run mono-green. Ultimate evolve Brachy to use as lead, pair with Parvati or Artemis. Subs: ADK, Bastet, Asgard, and.........Toyceratops? (evolve this ASAP). Then use the Fortoytops to run 2 Heroes whenever it comes around to get a Highlander and have it replace Fortoytops in the lineup.

As a secondary team I would work up your dark team. Save D'Spinas evolution for later. Farm a Vampire from Lightless Devils' Nest, special dungeon scheduled to open tomorrow, and get as many as you can to skill it up. Recent events have had some kind of Mystic Knight appearances so if they do show up, get a Dark Knight (I like to call him Batman). Rainbow keeper fills one slot with a mass of HP and defense skill. Then last slot goes to Lilith, maybe sub in Chaos Devil Dragon sometimes.

If you get a Berserk from 2 Heroes then you could also start a blue team but I would put that at last priority since your blue team is severely underleveled and would take the most work. Just evolve Siren for now.

Quick summary of what I would do:
1) Farm Vampire tomorrow
2) Evolve Toyceratops into Fortoytops and keep farming with the Brachy lead green team to prep for 2 Heroes
3) Whenever 2 Heroes shows up, farm it until obtaining a Highlander to replace Fortoytops in the mono-green team.
4) If Mystic Knights show up during the upcoming event, get the dark one
5) Evolve Mermaid to 5*StE

Of course if you roll during godfest, this will all change depending on what you get from the REM.
(05-17-2013 11:16 AM)Kilgarrah Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2013 08:19 AM)IKeelU Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback Xirtas.

I would run mono-green. Ultimate evolve Brachy to use as lead, pair with Parvati or Artemis. Subs: ADK, Bastet, Asgard, and.........Toyceratops? (evolve this ASAP). Then use the Fortoytops to run 2 Heroes whenever it comes around to get a Highlander and have it replace Fortoytops in the lineup.

As a secondary team I would work up your dark team. Save D'Spinas evolution for later. Farm a Vampire from Lightless Devils' Nest, special dungeon scheduled to open tomorrow, and get as many as you can to skill it up. Recent events have had some kind of Mystic Knight appearances so if they do show up, get a Dark Knight (I like to call him Batman). Rainbow keeper fills one slot with a mass of HP and defense skill. Then last slot goes to Lilith, maybe sub in Chaos Devil Dragon sometimes.

If you get a Berserk from 2 Heroes then you could also start a blue team but I would put that at last priority since your blue team is severely underleveled and would take the most work. Just evolve Siren for now.

Quick summary of what I would do:
1) Farm Vampire tomorrow
2) Evolve Toyceratops into Fortoytops and keep farming with the Brachy lead green team to prep for 2 Heroes
3) Whenever 2 Heroes shows up, farm it until obtaining a Highlander to replace Fortoytops in the mono-green team.
4) If Mystic Knights show up during the upcoming event, get the dark one
5) Evolve Mermaid to 5*StE

Of course if you roll during godfest, this will all change depending on what you get from the REM.

*Anxiously awaiting 2 Heroes*

Thanks for the insight. That was very informative.

What do you think about having 2 ADK subs as orb changers?
It's good to have 2 ADKs in a mono-green for now, since having two orb changers in a mono-colored is critical. Once you get yourself a Highlander, evolve him as soon as possible for he has much better stats than ADK.
Like Xirtas said, having 2 orb changers is critical. You can use 2 ADK but doing so loses the variety of orbs you can change and it has lower stats than Cu Chu. If you clear large portions of the board your supply of orbs to convert will be ok, but you will lack the ability to convert a huge portion of the board and do a huge burst shot on a boss.

2 Heroes opens on Saturday, good luck
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes_Descended
(05-17-2013 09:00 PM)Kilgarrah Wrote: [ -> ]Like Xirtas said, having 2 orb changers is critical. You can use 2 ADK but doing so loses the variety of orbs you can change and it has lower stats than Cu Chu. If you clear large portions of the board your supply of orbs to convert will be ok, but you will lack the ability to convert a huge portion of the board and do a huge burst shot on a boss.

2 Heroes opens on Saturday, good luck
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes_Descended

Cool cool.

Thanks for the advice. I'll go ahead and stick to my mono-green team. Hate losing those 2 RK's, but I've gone ahead and Ultimate Evolved into FGP to use as lead.

I'm evolved my Fortoytops too, so I'mma spend today doing some power ups.
If you have Bastet, I wouldn't recommend an ADK team. Bastet is basically better if you combo, but you can't be lazy and match 5 in a row to farm easier dungeons.

You have a lot of synergy in Green. If you're looking for a powerhouse 6.25x Team, Bastet can lead. If you want to be safer using FGP (I swear I think the P is a typo), you can make a 4/2/2 team, take a few more hits, and Bastet is a wonderful sub on the team because of the AoE ability.

ADK and other 6.25x teams do hit walls, when their damage won't kill everything, but you have alternatives. 6.25x teams are great for killing and farming lower level dungeons though, and it's always good to have a damage team available, which you have if you have a decently leveled Bastet (but you can't be lazy and still have to match 4 combos).
Reference URL's