Puzzle & Dragons Forum

Full Version: Clearing Hera with Odin/Resist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Right, I've seen quite a few posts about Hera clearing and all, but they're mostly touching on Resolve teams.

Now, don't get me wrong, resolve teams are great and all. But with the introduction of Odin, resolve teams are pretty horrible for clearing Hera.

Let us look at the pros and cons of a Resolve team.

Pros
- Easy to set up (esp if you're playing in Japan and are using the rainbow crystal team)
- Definite egg get as long as you do not slip up at the boss stages

Cons
- Inconsistent, requires luck for the first stage (either that or spend stones)
- Requires the grinding of demons and chimeras, which are quite honestly useless outside of resolve teams (matchstick plus > demons, chimeras are generally replaced by mecha dragons or resist dragons)
- Slip up once during the boss stages (esp Hera) and you're dead
- Requires Orochi and/or Amaterasu/high recovery Siren if your team HP is high

Now on the other hand, with a well set-up Odin/Resist team, clearing Hera is very very consistent. Moreover, the monsters you use will be useful for all stages of the game.

First, the set up.

[Image: Hera2.png]

Leaders: Odin + Resist Dragon/Abyss Neptune
Team members: Siren x2, Rainbow Keeper, Poison (Lilith or Neptune).
If you are using Abyss Neptune as your leader, feel free to replace the poison monster with any resist dragon.

Additional requirements:
1.) Total team HP of 8220 and above (even better if you can push the attacks of your team, esp the non-Siren monsters, to as high as you can)
2.) Both Sirens are at max skill level

And now for the pros and cons.

Pros
- All monsters required are monsters that you should have in the long run (you have no excuse not to have a dark resist dragon, dual max-skilled Sirens and a poison monster when you are late into the game), meaning you'll not be wasting valuable exp raising Devils and Chimeras
- Very consistent team, no luck required for the first stage. 0 stones required if you play it well.
- Can slip up against Hera once and still survive. Important for long matches where you'll occasionally fall to the lapse in your concentration
- Monsters are readily available. You only need a resist dragon and an Odin friend. No need for low leveled Orochis, no need for high leveled Amaterasu/Siren. The Odin can even be at the first stage and you'll still do fine.

Cons
- You're required to heal manually every single turn at Hera, but double Siren mitigates the issue (On the plus side, Hera deals less than 2k damage at full HP thanks to Odin and resist)

Now for the roles of the members in the team:
Sirens - provides steady supply of heart orbs. Nothing much to say.
Resist Dragon - Provides the AOE nuke necessary to decrease monster's health so that you can get the enemies down to 1 asap.
Odin - High leveled Odin's Gungnir is excellent to pick 1 enemy off
Rainbow Keeper - 3 turns 50% should be enough for any slip-up during the boss stages (more for Hera and Venus actually).
Poison monster - essential for Neptune, and great for dropping the HP of the last remaining monster while you store your gems.

Stage 1
The toughest part of the stage, but with Odin, it should be less of a problem. Even at the lowest HP required for this strategy, you should be able to take in two consecutive hits of any combination as long as you have max HP. Focus your firepower on a single monster (the tiny devils if there is any) and chain as much combos as you can. If not, aim for those where your attacks can deal double damage.

Keep one monster and start to charge up your skills and orbs. Make sure all of your skills are up and prepare some of your orbs (usually dark) so that you can at least do an AOE attack when you enter stage two. Feel free to kill off the monster with poison.

Stage 2 to 4
First thing you should do when you enter is to release the blast of your Resist Dragon. Next, check to see if there are any monsters who'll gradually attack on the same turn, and pick them off with Odin's Gungnir. Then do your AOE attack if there are more than 2 monsters left with high HP and kill them off till you're left with 1. Rinse and repeat.

Stage 5 to 10
Don't get careless and heal every turn. If you get careless, there's still the Rainbow Keeper to save your ass for three turns. The tip is to clear as many gems/combos as you can so that you can get the recovery gems to drop constantly.

Now for those who have Amaterasu (495+ rec) or high recovery Siren/Angel/Dryad (824+ rec) and beefy monsters, you can skip the resist dragon altogether and go for the more brainless Odin setup. Only thing you need this time is 16500HP, monster with good AOE nuke (recommended but not necessary) and a poison monster. One example is as shown below.

[Image: IMG_0133_1.png]

Amaterasu will do the necessary heal per turn, so it's even safer than the Resist/Odin setup.

All in all, I'll recommend everyone to just skip the whole idea for using a resolve team for Hera and aim for the team I've mentioned above instead. You won't waste any time leveling the underwhelming Devils or Chimeras. Instead, you're building a team of practical monsters which will be useful for the later play as well.
Very cool strategy. Should've thought of that.

A good thing about using zombie team is that every team member can be easily obtained and easily leveled up(max level demon takes only 260k exp), so every one can do it and do it in a relative low rank. Yes Siren is also farmable but maxing skill two Siren is a really painful process.

But still, like you said, this strategy is beneficial in the long run.
Awesome strat. Sadly the only thing holding me back is I still havent obtained a lilith :/ 50+ runs in clayus prison, 30+ runs in assorted other stages, 7 master helheim runs, 25 expert... Hopefully better luck at sky dark dragon
Bumping this thread again as we wait for the event to trigger today...
Thanks so much for this. I looked at the resolve team strategy and it's definitely not for me. Devils and Chimeras with high skill and high level Amaterasu or Siren? My Siren isn't nearly big enough, I don't have Amaterasu (I do have the Viper Orochi on a second account though), and it'll still require luck (and stones to burn)? No thanks.

On the other hand, I do have two Sirens, the Keeper, Lilith, and a decently leveled CDD. The only problem is that right now my Siren skills are 9 turns and 10 turns (not both 5 turns). Is this absolutely necessary? I know that you get hit every turn, but since the required heal is small for Hera, I figure you can save some rather than have to do huge heals every few turns (like Flame Mech Master dungeon). I know someone even mentioned max skill Siren for Flame Mech Master, but I used her skill maybe twice.

Anyway, my stats are roughly 80% of what is shown for the first strategy (RCV 1616/1979, Water ATK 903/1214, Dark ATK 2531/2908 the first number is mine, the second is zgm's). Wonder if I still have a decent shot. I do have stones to burn (I've never used any on dungeons before, but I'm prepared to use at least a few for Hera) and maybe some extra food for Lilith to boost the RCV and Dark ATK a bit.

Thanks so much for the tips. Most of my knowledge is owed to zgm's thread on the ggftw, but I've also learned quite a bit coming here as well.
(01-22-2013 06:22 AM)mayatola Wrote: [ -> ]...

On the other hand, I do have two Sirens, the Keeper, Lilith, and a decently leveled CDD. The only problem is that right now my Siren skills are 9 turns and 10 turns (not both 5 turns). Is this absolutely necessary? I know that you get hit every turn, but since the required heal is small for Hera, I figure you can save some rather than have to do huge heals every few turns (like Flame Mech Master dungeon). I know someone even mentioned max skill Siren for Flame Mech Master, but I used her skill maybe twice.

Anyway, my stats are roughly 80% of what is shown for the first strategy (RCV 1616/1979, Water ATK 903/1214, Dark ATK 2531/2908 the first number is mine, the second is zgm's). Wonder if I still have a decent shot. I do have stones to burn (I've never used any on dungeons before, but I'm prepared to use at least a few for Hera) and maybe some extra food for Lilith to boost the RCV and Dark ATK a bit.

Because Hera hits every turn, you are going to wish you had Siren's skill constantly throughout the fight since you will have to keep RCV orbs on the screen all the time (since Odin won't reduce if you're < 100%), or be able to tank 6K of damage until you do recover to full. The Keeper gives you an occasional buffer, and 3K damage for a few turns is a lot more survivable before recovering. This is definitely more nerve wracking than the mech dragon at Master, and probably more so than Legendary (although at least it's possible to get an autoheal/autopilot setup eventually on Hera).
(12-27-2012 06:55 PM)zgmfx09a Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I've seen quite a few posts about Hera clearing and all, but they're mostly touching on Resolve teams.

Now, don't get me wrong, resolve teams are great and all. But with the introduction of Odin, resolve teams are pretty horrible for clearing Hera.

Let us look at the pros and cons of a Resolve team.

Pros
- Easy to set up (esp if you're playing in Japan and are using the rainbow crystal team)
- Definite egg get as long as you do not slip up at the boss stages

Cons
- Inconsistent, requires luck for the first stage (either that or spend stones)
- Requires the grinding of demons and chimeras, which are quite honestly useless outside of resolve teams (matchstick plus > demons, chimeras are generally replaced by mecha dragons or resist dragons)
- Slip up once during the boss stages (esp Hera) and you're dead
- Requires Orochi and/or Amaterasu/high recovery Siren if your team HP is high

Now on the other hand, with a well set-up Odin/Resist team, clearing Hera is very very consistent. Moreover, the monsters you use will be useful for all stages of the game.

First, the set up.

[Image: Hera2.png]

Leaders: Odin + Resist Dragon/Abyss Neptune
Team members: Siren x2, Rainbow Keeper, Poison (Lilith or Neptune).
If you are using Abyss Neptune as your leader, feel free to replace the poison monster with any resist dragon.

Additional requirements:
1.) Total team HP of 8220 and above (even better if you can push the attacks of your team, esp the non-Siren monsters, to as high as you can)
2.) Both Sirens are at max skill level

And now for the pros and cons.

Pros
- All monsters required are monsters that you should have in the long run (you have no excuse not to have a dark resist dragon, dual max-skilled Sirens and a poison monster when you are late into the game), meaning you'll not be wasting valuable exp raising Devils and Chimeras
- Very consistent team, no luck required for the first stage. 0 stones required if you play it well.
- Can slip up against Hera once and still survive. Important for long matches where you'll occasionally fall to the lapse in your concentration
- Monsters are readily available. You only need a resist dragon and an Odin friend. No need for low leveled Orochis, no need for high leveled Amaterasu/Siren. The Odin can even be at the first stage and you'll still do fine.

Cons
- You're required to heal manually every single turn at Hera, but double Siren mitigates the issue (On the plus side, Hera deals less than 2k damage at full HP thanks to Odin and resist)

Now for the roles of the members in the team:
Sirens - provides steady supply of heart orbs. Nothing much to say.
Resist Dragon - Provides the AOE nuke necessary to decrease monster's health so that you can get the enemies down to 1 asap.
Odin - High leveled Odin's Gungnir is excellent to pick 1 enemy off
Rainbow Keeper - 3 turns 50% should be enough for any slip-up during the boss stages (more for Hera and Venus actually).
Poison monster - essential for Neptune, and great for dropping the HP of the last remaining monster while you store your gems.

Stage 1
The toughest part of the stage, but with Odin, it should be less of a problem. Even at the lowest HP required for this strategy, you should be able to take in two consecutive hits of any combination as long as you have max HP. Focus your firepower on a single monster (the tiny devils if there is any) and chain as much combos as you can. If not, aim for those where your attacks can deal double damage.

Keep one monster and start to charge up your skills and orbs. Make sure all of your skills are up and prepare some of your orbs (usually dark) so that you can at least do an AOE attack when you enter stage two. Feel free to kill off the monster with poison.

Stage 2 to 4
First thing you should do when you enter is to release the blast of your Resist Dragon. Next, check to see if there are any monsters who'll gradually attack on the same turn, and pick them off with Odin's Gungnir. Then do your AOE attack if there are more than 2 monsters left with high HP and kill them off till you're left with 1. Rinse and repeat.

Stage 5 to 10
Don't get careless and heal every turn. If you get careless, there's still the Rainbow Keeper to save your ass for three turns. The tip is to clear as many gems/combos as you can so that you can get the recovery gems to drop constantly.

Now for those who have Amaterasu (495+ rec) or high recovery Siren/Angel/Dryad (824+ rec) and beefy monsters, you can skip the resist dragon altogether and go for the more brainless Odin setup. Only thing you need this time is 16500HP, monster with good AOE nuke (recommended but not necessary) and a poison monster. One example is as shown below.

[Image: IMG_0133_1.png]

Amaterasu will do the necessary heal per turn, so it's even safer than the Resist/Odin setup.

All in all, I'll recommend everyone to just skip the whole idea for using a resolve team for Hera and aim for the team I've mentioned above instead. You won't waste any time leveling the underwhelming Devils or Chimeras. Instead, you're building a team of practical monsters which will be useful for the later play as well.

Would a drawn joker be a good replacement for a second siren? Skills aren't maxed, but I can put together the team you're suggesting and have Odin friends.
So I decided to try heras dungeon. I'm at Neptune and spent 3 stones so far. I screwed up twice on the green chick. I didn't bring poison with me so ill be fighting him for a while. After him it's hades then Hera right? Can I handle hades with Odin and chaos devil dragon as leaders? Just wondering if I'm wasting time at this point. Neptune will probably take a day to kill.
@Proc19
Yep, you're right on that one. I did manage to finally beat Hera just a few minutes ago, but I had to spend 6 stones on her because of the healing. I got to her without any real problems though (Venus was quite a test as well, but somehow managed to beat her without dying).

@Merklyn
Drawn Joker is going to be rough instead of another Siren, especially if the skill is leveled up at all. With my setup, I had Siren with 9 turns and Siren with 10 turns cooldowns, and it was pretty rough.
I screwed up on Neptune and stopped. 3 hours on him and nothing gets throught. My big hitters doing 20k and 30k weren't even helping. How do you deal real damage against him?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Reference URL's