Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android: Comprehensive guide to use multiple accounts for free, Root or Non-Root.
07-06-2013, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 06:47 AM by DrammaLamma.)
Android: Comprehensive guide to use multiple accounts for free, Root or Non-Root.
So I recently re-rolled a second account and along the way I learned a few tricks about efficient faster re-rolling and how to use multiple accounts on one device. The purpose of this post is to simply share this information in one complete place so that new people can access the information quickly without having to thread hop too much. 

This guide will contain directions for people who have rooted devices and for those without. They both have different pros and cons; it's up to you to decide which way to do it. There is more than one method to do many of these steps, however, I will be explaining the method I use. Why did I do it this way? Mostly for security via redundancy. The root methods I use are manual and free. If you want a program to do it automatically for you and you don't mind spending a few bucks, please see Fiat 500's guide. It works well, I'm just cheap. If you are on an apple device go to lifesavorz guide.

At this time I would like to thank everyone that has ever experimented with this and posted their information. Without you this thread would not be possible and I have utmost respect for you all. These are the people I would like to specifically acknowledge because their suggestions helped me figure it out along the way. If you feel you should be on this list or I have forgotten you please PM me.

Slope
Fiat 500
Haki
Reckoner
Orange
YellowG
Toly
Lifesavorz

This guide is for Android devices. If you are on an apple device, then you certainly can learn some information from this guide and I'm assuming many of the steps would be extremely similar on an Apple device, but I don't have specifics for you. This guide is written on Puzzles & Dragons Version 5.2.1.2. I will do my best to update this guide if and when needed and to answer people's questions. Lifesavorz has written a apple guide, there is a link in the outside material section

DISCLAIMER / WARNING:
This guide covers things that have the potential to lose your account or damage your device. This guide does not cover the process of how to root your device. If you want to use those tools you have to research your specific device and find credible rooting methods on your own. Please note you can have 2 accounts without root access and it is not needed. Having root access can save you some time and it's some extra insurance. The level of risk is actually fairly low if you follow directions, however, just keep in mind that nobody is forcing you to do this in any way. If something goes wrong, it is your responsibility, not the people writing the guides or creating the software that you use. 
Use it at your own risk! Follow directions very carefully and read them completely before starting, you have been warned.

Contents:
Steps to save an existing account.
How to retrieve a saved account. 
How to save some time in the re-rolling process. (Root only)
How to transfer an account across multiple devices.
What to do if you are planning on buying stones.
When it is safe to swap accounts.
Outside Suggested reading material.

How to save an existing account:
This is quite simple and I believe it is wise to use both methods if you can just for some extra insurance. In order to save multiple accounts on to 1 non-rooted device you will need to create multiple gmail accounts.

Account saving, Non-Root Method:
1.) Have or create a new gmail account using your phone in the google store app. This will link this gmail account to your specific device. This can be done in other ways, but this is the most straightforward way to get a gmail account bound to your device.
2.) In game, navigate to the "Others" tab.
3.) Scroll down and select "Game Data Migration"
4.) Press "Yes" to set up this function. Then, choose the gmail account you want this account to be bound to, and accept when it prompts within the google play store to allow P&D to “know who you are.” You will get a success message and get sent back into the game. Your account is now bound to that e-mail address you just selected.
5.) Still under the "Other" tab, scroll down and select "Support." Then, press the "Display" button to see your secret code. Record your secret code. I suggest you take a screenshot so you can't misstype or copy it down wrong.
6.) Navigate to the "Friends" tab, select "ID Search" and record your ID number. Again, I recommend taking a screenshot of this page so it is impossible to incorrectly copy the number.
7.) Save your ID, secret code, and information needed to acess the email the account is bound to in a safe location off of your phone so that in the event you lose your phone you can still get this stuff back. I recommend e-mailing this information and screenshots to another email account you regularly access.
8.) That’s it, you're done. Your account is as saved as you can get it without using root tools.

Account saving, Root method:
1.) Do the non-Root method first. It would be foolish to rely on just an unofficial method with so much of your in-game effort or purchases. Something could potentially go wrong with this method in the future due to a game update. If that happens and you don't have the Non-Root method done then you are likely completely screwed. So do both methods and set up the official feature also.
2.) Using an application that will let you browse into the root file system, navigate your way to “data/data/jp.gungho.padEN”. Within this folder there are a few folders; the one we want is called “files”.
3.) Depending on how paranoid you are and how much free storage space you have, choose how much of this folder you want to backup. In my experience, you only need the “data048.bin” and “data056.bin” files, however, if you have space, just copy and backup the whole “files” folder. It can't hurt. 
4.) Hang onto those files in a safe place. I recommend e-mailing them to an account you regularly access.
5.) That’s it. You have everything you need to re-access the account in the future.

How to log-in to or retrieve a saved account:
Once again, this is a simple process that both types of users can do easily. If you have root access, great news, you get the best of both worlds here and the process is fast for you. If you don't have root access, you need to keep in mind the amount of data you are downloading. Don't go beyond your data limit and use wifi when available. The process works just fine if you don't have root access, you will just need patience and to keep an eye on data usage if you switch often. 

Account retrieval, Non-Root Method:
1.) When you made your first account your game had no data stored in it, so unless you have just installed the application, you will likely need to clear the existing data before you can get to the main menu option to use your saved data migration. How to clear your game data is partially device specific so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but here is how it works on mine and many other android devices.
2.) For my device, I go to the home screen and navigate to where all of my apps are stored; not just the ones I have home-screen shortcut icons for.
3.) Press and hold over P&D, until I can drag it somewhere as if I were selecting what homescreen I wanted to place a shortcut for it on. Instead, drag it to the top of the screen where there are 3 little boxes and the words “more options.” Release the P&D icon there and you will be brought to a menu with options for the application.
4.) Select the “app info” option.
5.) On this new screen wait a moment for your device to calculate the data used by the program and for the “clear data” button to become available. Press the button and accept the data to be cleared.
6.) Now re-launch P&D and you will be at the main menu. Instead of typing your name and going into the tutorial, select the lower button “Start Migration.”
7.) Type in the ID number for the account you would like to access and then ok to continue.
8.) Press the "Go" button, then select the gmail account the account you are trying to acess is bound to and wait for authentication to complete.
9.) Press the OK button and then wait for P&D to download your profile data along with all of the update data it needs (this is why you need to keep an eye on your data or use wifi). Once it is done downloading your account will open and you can play. If you want to swap to a different save account, simply start this process over again.

Account retrieval, Root method:
1.) Once again, I want you to understand the way the non-root method works, because this will involve part of it, so go read that if you haven't.
2.) Instead of clearing the entire game data, with root access you can navigate to “data/data/jp/gungho/padEN/files” using a root browser application.
3.) Delete “data048.bin” and then “data056.bin”. Do not multi select. Delete them one by one. Deleting them simultaneously for whatever reason gives an error when you launch P&D.
4.) Now you have 2 options for how to finish the process of logging into a saved account, method A or B. Both methods work fine but I prefer method A because it is more simple for me to do quickly.
A.) Launch P&D then use the non root method of game data migration to log-in. Since we did not delete the update data, only the profile data, it will only take a moment to download the data and the file-size is minimal so you don't need to keep as close of an eye on data use. This is quick and simple, so I use this method.
B.) Using the old “data.048.bin” and "data 056.bin” you saved for the account you want to access, simply paste them in after you have have deleted the old ones. When you launch P&D there may be minor stat display confusion, specifically with stamina not being where it should be due to the server-based interaction of the game. Hence, this is why I use method A, but feel free to use method B if you like.

How to streamline the re-rolling process: (Root only)
If you are re-rolling an account until you get a specific monster, then you will greatly appreciate some help in cutting corners and saving time. However, this requires root access. There are 2 different things you can do with this one: i.) Shave a little time off each re-rolling process by not downloading the update like non-root users are forced to. ii.) You can play up to the REM on multiple accounts and then hang onto all those accounts just a few tutorial steps short of the REM. Thus, when an event that has the monster you want comes up, you can bring out your stash of new accounts and roll them each much much faster than playing the whole tutorial again. The effect is that this increases your ability to roll more during the specific event you like.

i.) How to save a bit of time (Root only):
1.) Essentially all this is doing is allowing you to skip downloading the update every time you want to re-roll.
2.) If you did not get the monster you wanted, delete the “data.048.bin” and “data056.bin” files one by one. See steps 1-3 for the root method of how to retrieve a saved account, but instead of logging into a saved account, create a new one and repeat this process until you are satisfied with your roll.

ii.) How to bank or save rolls until the event you like is happening (Root only):
1.) Play the tutorial stages until right as you clear the final dungeon, then close P&D. Make sure you have not accepted your rewards from the final dungeon yet and you exit the application the instant you kill the little black dragon and see the “Clear!”
2.) Using a root browser application browse to “data/data/jp/gungho.padEN/files” and copy the “data048.bin” and “data056.bin” files and save them somewhere safe.
3.) When the event you want begins, simply paste in the files for the re-roll accounts exactly how you would in method B of the root method for restoring an account.
4.) Then launch P&D, accept the reward for the final tutorial stage, and try your REM luck.
5.) Repeat this process for all of the pre-played accounts you have. This can't redo the roll on 1 account. It can only access various accounts that are already created. Continue until you get the monster you want or until you run out of pre-played accounts and have to go back to rolling from scratch each time.

To transfer an account from one device to another: 
This is NOT being written for you to trade, give or sell accounts. If you do that you are in violation of the agreement you made with GungHo at the time of downloading the program. You may be banned or even worse. If you mess up you can even give away control of your device to someone else who could then alter your applications or other data remotely.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS YOU SHOULD ONLY USE THIS FOR PERSONAL USE. Anything else is against the rules and also holds other inherent risks.

1.) Get the account saved, using the non-root method.
2.) On the new device go to the google play store and bind the gmail account the P&D account is bound to onto your new device.
3.) Download P&D and use the data migration feature to bring over this profile. 
4.) Instead, you can use the root method and copy the .bin files if you have root access on both devices.

What to do if you are planning to buy stones:
If you have both account(s) on the same device OR if both devices have the gmail linked to the Google store account with the $$ on it, then you can buy stones for either P&D account using only 1 gmail account. P&D does not require the account to be bound to the same account that is making the purchase. As long as you are logged into the correct gmail account within the google store that has the $$, then you can buy stones for any P&D account. Just make sure you are on the correct P&D account before you buy.

When is it safe to change accounts?
Essentially, the only time I can recommend to switch accounts is when you are at a main menu. If you swap accounts mid-dungeon, you will come back to the account outside of the dungeon and without the stamina you spent to enter it. You will also lose any rewards you had earned so far in the dungeon. If you exit or swap accounts during an egg machine pull or while evolving or power up, then the server will calculate the process without you. You will see the result when you log-in next; you can't cheat the system and start it over if you get a bad result. Attempting to cheat the system is just begging for trouble or corrupt data so just don't do it.

Outside reading material:
These are links, just click them. 
Fiat 500's guide for automatic titanium backup account swapping.
How to pick what roll to use for beginners.
Lifesavorz guide to save accounts on Apple devices.

If you have any questions or would like to help me make this more understandable or fix my poor grammar or typos, then please post or PM me and I will work on it as soon as I can.

If anyone can figure out the cherry on top, then you deserve a cookie:
How the hell can we get it to save our audio & other settings during an account swap? 
I just play the game entirely muted now because I'm too darn lazy to swap the bgm off every time I swap accounts. I do like the sfx but it's just too simple to mute the game compared to changing off the bgm setting. Finding a way to retain the options settings during an account swap would be ideal.

I want Blue/Red Odin,Dark Meta, all Egyptian friends if you lead with them add me 311-857-293
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: [Android] Comprehensive guide to using multiple accounts for free
(+1) Very helpful and informative guide! I went in knowing most of the stuff but you have some new things that I learned just today!

I didn't know you could skip the updating process just by deleting those two bin files. Thanks for the tip Wink

[Image: uj5n5er.png]
[Image: eRcuhGz.png]
[Image: uj5n5er.png]
/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 06:39 PM by Orange.)
RE: [Android]
good effort on post above. Should be helpful. I'm using iPad. Couldn't try it.
07-06-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Android: Comprehensive guide to use multiple accounts for free, Root or Non-Root.
Thx for the guide. wish i had seen this a loooong time ago~ Now if we can find someone to make a comprehensive guide to getting the jp version for android.... Root/non-root and the different problems/fixes needed for rooted droids to be able to run jp pad Tongue
07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Android: Comprehensive guide to use multiple accounts for free, Root or Non-Root.
Whoo-hoo a shout out, thanks! Great guide! Glad you put this together, there's been a ton of inquiries about the different methods on this matter.
07-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I have a nexus 4, and it is rooted. However, I can not find these files. Is anyone else having this problem?
07-07-2013, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 05:30 PM by DrammaLamma.)
I don't have your phone, but if the device is rooted and your using a root browsing application it should be easy to find.

Are you using a root browsing application?
The default system file browser will not access root folders even if the device is rooted.

Maybe your rooting failed or a update reverted it?

These sound like stupid questions...
I'm not quite sure what to suggest other than that, sorry.

I want Blue/Red Odin,Dark Meta, all Egyptian friends if you lead with them add me 311-857-293
07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
(07-07-2013 05:26 PM)DrammaLamma Wrote:  I don't have your phone, but if the device is rooted and your using a root browsing application it should be easy to find.

Are you using a root browsing application?
The default system file browser will not access root folders even if the device is rooted.

Maybe your rooting failed or a update reverted it?

These sound like stupid questions...
I'm not quite sure what to suggest other than that, sorry.

Thank you, I was able to figure it out. Smile Thanks for the guide.
07-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Glad you figured it out.

I' m happy to help when i can.

07-09-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm going to request that a section for using Carbon/Helium as a non-root user could be added, obviously it's a bit more work. But without root, if you just backup to gung-ho servers, it allows you for account recovery, but not necessarily multiple accounts. I'm not sure if you need multiple google accounts or you can restore more than one account on the same google account with gungho. Carbon/helium has worked well for me when I switch accounts back and forth (to pick up stones on an alt account).

[US] 362,149,220

Teams: Valkyrie, Ama, Light, Blue; actually mostly just Valk.
Working on: maxing Valk team, so I can almost be as good as Kane/prem.