Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
The real EXP/leveling guide
01-07-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 03:08 PM by zgmfx09a.)
The real EXP/leveling guide
So, I've seen the exp guide written here, without the person really knowing how exp, leveling and etc works. I guess I'll just do a full fledge guide on how to feed effectively and efficiently.

*** Dividing line ***

Firstly, the exp leveling chart.

Resource: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/宠物升级经验表

You'll see that the exp curve increases exponentially for all the monsters. There are basically 6 types of exp curves.

1.) 1mil
2.) 1.5mil
3.) 2mil
4.) 2.5mil
5.) 3mil
6.) 4mil

It gets increasingly harder to level up as the levels reach higher. Monsters images are there, so if you cannot read Chinese, use the images to look through the tables and see what category your monsters belongs to. From there on, with some subtracting, you'll be able to calculate how much EXP is needed to level up your monster without overfeeding. I hope I do not need to teach you guys now to use the chart.

Just in case, here are the translations.

等级: Level
总共经验: Cumulative experience
升到下级: Experience required to level up

*** Dividing line***

Next, the exp which the monsters provide.

Resource: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/宠物一览表

Each monster will provide a fixed amount of exp per level, and the amount gain is linear.

From the wiki link given, you'll be shown all the monsters in the game. Just click on the ones you are interested in and......

[Image: experience_zps4e58506e.png]

You should see this. See the boxed up part? That shows the amount of EXP it will feed per level. Or in another words, exp per level ratio. Now, we are looking at 600exp/lvl for Penguin dragons, which works out to 6000exp of feeding material at level 10. Now that matches with what we know in game.

Use that to check out the exp/lvl ratio of the different monsters to decide on which monsters you'll want to use to feed.

*** Dividing Line ***

How to Efficient feeding: Technical Dungeons, Tier one stages

Lets take a look at what drops there.

Penguins: 600exp/lvl, 1mil exp curve. Only requires exp of 2600 to lvl up from lvl 2 to lvl 10. Can be evolved for even higher exp gains, but good enough at lvl 10.
Stage 2 Orges: 412.5exp/lvl, 1.5mil exp curve. Offers about 1250 exp at it's lvl 3 drop. Great as secondary sacrifices outside of penguins.
Stage 2 Devils: Exactly the same as the Orges. Since there are no light and dark orges, they will be your main food.
Chimeras: 400exp/lvl. 2mil exp curve. Has no read purpose other than to feed 1 of that with another devil/orge to max up your Penguins.
Tier 2 Crystal Monsters: 262.5exp/lvl, 1mil exp curve. Offers about 1310 exp at the lvl 5 drop. Too costly to feed compared to Chimeras with a lousier ratio, so use it to feed Devils or Penguins instead.

Scale it up accordingly for the light and dark technical dungeons.

For the 3 colored elements, you'll want to focus on Penguins and Devils/Orges. For light and dark, you'll be focusing mainly on Devils.

For penguins, it's pretty straightforward. Make sure you feed more than 2.6k worth of exp each time to save your gold usage. Not knowing what to do with those low leveled metal dragons? Use three of those for the Penguins.

Devils, you'll want to feed 3 ~ 5 monsters together at once, and after that it's not wise to feed anymore. Dump your Orges, other Devils and Crystal Monsters on them, and they should hit somewhere around level 11 ~ 13.

One thing worth taking note, if you're doing hell dungeons which drops high leveled stage 2 Devils, you might want to use them straight away as food for your main monsters, since they offer a decent amount of exp.

*** Dividing Line ***

That's all. It's not too hard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: The real EXP/leveling guide
Why are Chimeras usually sold when you could feed them to Devils, Ogres, and Penguins?
01-08-2013, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 05:09 PM by zgmfx09a.)
(01-08-2013 05:01 PM)Ed unique ID Wrote:  Why are Chimeras usually sold when you could feed them to Devils, Ogres, and Penguins?

Because they offer only 800exp at lvl2 drops. That's 1.2k exp to the same-element monsters. You can feed 3 of those to Penguins if you want, but kind of a waste of 200g when you can feed only 2 with Devils and Orges.

Compared to Devil's and Orge's 1.2k exp, which works out to be about 1.6k to the same element. Feed five of those, and you'll have a difference of 2k exp when you feed 5, despite the same cost.

Of course, if you have plenty of Penguins waiting to be fed, you can use the Chimeras.
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I agree that Chimeras are both expensive to level, as well as providing less exp than the other types. So for the same amount of gold, feeding 5 Chimeras gives you less exp. But it's still worth more as fodder for the other types than as gold sale value, if you have extras.
01-08-2013, 10:31 PM
chimeras arrive at lvl 2 and become much better if you give them some cheap food, like 600xp, so they become lvl 5 and give 2k xp (600xp becomes 1.2kxp, so doubles). This is good enough to feed to a pengdra and max it, if has the same color (even wastes 400xp).
Also, if you feed one chimera to the other (same color), it gets to lvl 6 and gives 2400xp. They are definitely not as crappy as one would think at first look.

315,331,295 - request to change leader through in-game msg

01-08-2013, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:27 PM by zgmfx09a.)
(01-08-2013 06:36 PM)Ed unique ID Wrote:  I agree that Chimeras are both expensive to level, as well as providing less exp than the other types. So for the same amount of gold, feeding 5 Chimeras gives you less exp. But it's still worth more as fodder for the other types than as gold sale value, if you have extras.

It really depends on how many monsters you have available to feed and what level they are.

For me, I don't even use the devils and orges much anymore, so Chimeras are an auto sell.

Feeding Chimeras and then feeding to devils and orges do not really make sense. You can do the same for devils and orges and you'll still gain more.

The only real use Chimeras have are probably to combine them with another devil and orge, and you can max lvl your penguins with just 2 monsters.
01-09-2013, 02:58 AM
I usually just feed a penguin, 1 chimera, and 1 carbuncle. Provides 3169 exp. The penguin only requires 2900 to max. Am I doing something wrong there?

[Image: signaturevw.jpg]
01-09-2013, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 04:03 AM by James.)
(01-08-2013 05:06 PM)zgmfx09a Wrote:  Because they offer only 800exp at lvl2 drops. That's 1.2k exp to the same-element monsters. You can feed 3 of those to Penguins if you want, but kind of a waste of 200g when you can feed only 2 with Devils and Orges.

Use power-up fusion to combine two same-element Chimera and then you've got a nice, cheap, experience package which can be used to fully level any one Pengdra. No need to have three. And since Chimera are readily available through the early technical dungeon stages (the best place to get Pengdra) they're ideally suited for this task.
01-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Penguins need 2550 exp to level up.

If you have two chimeras feed one to the other and it'll be enough to max your penguin.
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Llike Petre said, two Chimera or one chimera with one carbuncle are enough to max a Pendra. I don't understand at all why sell them, are you really that desperate for that little gold?