Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeper of Rainbow
01-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Keeper of Rainbow
Hey guys, I will give it a shot at keeper of rainbow later today, but anted to know before I spend all my stamina if a alraune/green odin team is enough for this dungeon?
I have red/blue 50% dragons, d'spinas, dark knight and dark mkII.

Would this be enough or should I go for a painfully slow zombie team?

thanks!

315,331,295 - request to change leader through in-game msg

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
RE: Keeper of Rainbow
(01-08-2013 10:15 PM)Ornitorrinco22 Wrote:  Hey guys, I will give it a shot at keeper of rainbow later today, but anted to know before I spend all my stamina if a alraune/green odin team is enough for this dungeon?
I have red/blue 50% dragons, d'spinas, dark knight and dark mkII.

Would this be enough or should I go for a painfully slow zombie team?

thanks!

It depends on what your other monsters are. If you can power through the first three rounds, you don't even need a Healer Leader. Against the 4th round Keeper, you'll only need to heal 2553 every 3 rounds. Against the Rainbow Keeper, you'll need to heal for 4440 every 5 rounds. That should be plenty of time, especially if you have a defensive trick or two (Echidna, Siren, etc.) to fall back on.

The first three rounds aren't trivial, though. The minions hit for over 2000 hp every 2 turns, so you have to have some way of knocking down a few fast, whether you have a Healer or a Damage Multiplier in your leader slot. You could go with a Healer, attempt to stall and use offensive skills to plow through, or go with an Offensive leader packing a few defensive tricks for when it comes time to wear down the Keepers.

The team I've cleared it with is Tyrannos, Phoenix Knight, Gigas, Echidna and Siren with an Orochi friend. Two offensive orb-changers, two high-RCV monsters. Enough HP that the minions don't kill me in one shot, not so much HP that I can't climb back up to the 50% line when I need to. I really need to try it with Odin, since I didn't even use Force last time.
01-08-2013, 11:56 PM
I use my siren as leader, Odin as helper, echidna, 2 rainbow keepers and a light chimera on the rainbow keeper. I just charge echidna in the first round and I'm set. Takes a while though. It's a safe strategy.

[Image: merk.png]
EN:310,130,285
And all resist/rippers, healers, mechdragons, skydragons, knights, heart>orb changers and all but the fire rider
Currently running Something different.....
Message me in game for requests.
01-09-2013, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 03:56 AM by cr4zyt0m.)
Attempting this with a PAINFULLY slow zombie team... doesnt seem like i really have a chance of dying it's just going to take like an hour to kill him

EDIT: As I quickly realized when I saw alot of my attacks do 1 dmg I should have brought someone with poison. Trying to get past the 1550 defense that the rainbow keeper has is like banging your head against a wall.

EDIT again: UGH I didnt know that you could kill him and have him not drop...

[Image: sig2my.png]
01-09-2013, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 04:00 AM by James.)
If you've got access to a green Odin you've already taken care of the Rainbow of Keeper's defense—though not in an especially quick manner. His Gungnir light-damage attack breaks through the Keeper's defense and does reasonable damage. In a worst-case scenario you can simply make basic matches as quickly as possible and take him down in a bit over an hour with Odin's skill alone.

For clearing him early in gameplay you want the ability to clear the four knights on the third stage, the ability to survive attacks from the Keeper of Light/Dark, and the Keeper of Rainbow. Recommended is a healer (e.g. Alraune) combined with an Ogre/Titan/Orochi (make sure you can heal enough between the Keeper of Light/Dark's attacks or use a Siren with a high skill level) or an Odin. That takes care of surviving the keepers.

Second, you will want the ability to do sufficient damage to the Keeper of Rainbow. An easy source is a fully evolved resist dragon or two (fully evolved Lil' Dragons). They can clear the four-knight stage in one attack, and have the added benefit of being able to break the Keeper of Rainbow's defense. Two is even better, and these guys are good to have for all manner of dungeons. Odin can do it with Gungnir. There are some other special creatures like Vritra (dark dragon god) combined with a resolve team (use his ability when at 1 HP). Evolved Neptune can whittle him away into nothingness with poison. A light team can also combo for some good damage. You can do it, also, with any decent team if you have some good combo skills and maybe an orb changer or two. If you don't mind blowing a chunk of your Tuesday there's always Lilith.

And third, the knights. If you've got the resist dragon or dragons (mentioned above) you've got that taken care of. You can also handle it with regular ol' combos. Build up skills and set some orbs for multi-target attacks aside in round one. In round two, be careful not to kill the last knight and repeat. In round four, make sure you can take down many knights, effectively, right at the start of the battle. Four knights dealing over 2,000 damage every two turns is pretty brutal early in the game. A lesser Keeper can also help with this stage, through its ability, but will be borderline useless against the Keepers at the end of the dungeon. Same goes for Naga/Echidna. If you've got an Orochi friend as part of your strategy you can use its ability to buy time on this round as well.
01-29-2013, 08:51 AM
So I need a Keeper of Light but am not sure if I can take out Rainbow. What would be the best way to go about getting one? The easier dungeons, can he appear there aswell?
01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
(01-29-2013 08:51 AM)Stfn Wrote:  The easier dungeons, can he appear there aswell?

Yes, randomly. He can show up on any of the first 9 stages of the 10 round colored keeper dungeons.
01-30-2013, 10:01 AM
(01-30-2013 08:54 AM)bukbuklao Wrote:  So I tried this dungeon earlier today and I got one hit killed by the keeper in round 4 when I had around 6800 hp. I read in an earlier post that he hit less than 3000 or is that will an Odin helper or something else?

Try using a healer like (Siren, Amaterasu, Alraune, Archangel) any of those should work for you. The second part is using an Odin, or a Viper Orochi.

I would personally suggest using a healer + Odin. Good luck.

[Image: signaturevw.jpg]
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 03:03 PM by lalolooo.)
I think it would be so hard to lose with a Healer and Odin strategy but it will be painfully slow. The keeper takes a really long time to atk so I think an Odin Helper, an atk x2 or x2.5 leader for your team is a much faster way to do this you just need to put a healer preferably a siren in your team and your good to go. I went in with ADK leader Sub: another ADK, CDK, Wooden Dark Tiamat, Siren enchanter and an Awoken Odin frd and it took me approximately 18-20 mins
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Sadly I don't have a healer or my own so I lead with my vampire lord and used a siren helper. Do you think it's possible without a healer using an odin friend?

User(s) browsing this thread: Gnimsh, 1 Guest(s)

Disclaimer: This is an unofficial site and has no connections with GungHo Online. Use of our website and the content is at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for, and offer no warranties or representations regarding, the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of any of the content.

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Puzzle & Dragons Forum | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication