Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pengdra Farming
07-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Pengdra Farming
DAE feel like the village is wasteful (especially for dark/light)...

Its often mentioned in thread here that Gungho has a business to run, etc etc, and that obviously goes without saying but the village seems horribly inefficient compared to focusing your farming to a specific color via technicals (the techs even give better inline feeders). I get the impression that it would have been better to segment the village into its respective colors instead of half-ass throwing a bone to the light/dark...

Suppose I'm just ill-motivated to run the village when my farming is more consistent (see formulaic) elsewhere.

What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: Pengdra Farming
No, it's fantastic. All you need to do is a little prepping to have the feeders ready to go. Plus, everyone loves top hats!

SmoogyPA/F - 376,540,262 - Usually running Byakko (max awoken, +120), Valk, Blue Odin, or Hera-Ur.
Also Siegfried, Shiva, Cu Chu.

| | |

My PAD Herder
07-19-2013, 11:59 PM
I do love tophats...it's true
07-20-2013, 12:05 AM
And the guaranteed evolved pengdra + chances for other evo'd pengdras in other stages makes it even better. Think about the stamina that goes into getting an evo'd pengdra. At least 10 stamina for a dragon plant on Thursday, Tech dungeons on Monday (minimum 10 stamina) for the pengdra and feeder materials, then 20 stamina for the little dragons. Obviously, these numbers are not exact because it's likely you will get more than 1 of each of these per run (especially little dragons), but the idea remains the same. Plus, you don't have to deal with the box space issue - they are instantly ready to feed!

I think the general consensus is that Pengdra Village is great.

SmoogyPA/F - 376,540,262 - Usually running Byakko (max awoken, +120), Valk, Blue Odin, or Hera-Ur.
Also Siegfried, Shiva, Cu Chu.

| | |

My PAD Herder
07-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Well, I used one stone yesterday on stamina refresh for Pengra village and dragon plants although I am running low on the stones. Since I am building a rainbow team, no Pengra will goes to waste. Getting light and dark ones is a nice bonus.

I only wish that they didn't put Pengra Village and dragon plant on the same day.

Cloud_IrnH -- There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.
[Image: star.png][PAD Kirin Journal: Cloud's Angels] [Cloud's PADHerder][Image: star.png]
[Image: 10.png] [Image: 20.png] [Image: 30.png] [Image: 40.png] [Image: 50.png]
07-20-2013, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 12:12 AM by Ice Knight.)
As with all these special dungeons I find I really have to run them quite a few times to be happy with a good spread of drops, in the Pendra village case good generally means getting light/dark pendras and two evoed pendras to drop in one run. Personally I've stayed away this week due to the supers, and didn't want the hassles of dragon plant farming and box spaces. Another slight irritant is that the pendras all drop at level 1, requiring farming normal dungeons for feeder material. It's be nice if there were several difficulty levels

[Image: 529197044fee4.png]
US: 306, 540, 235. ViNite @PF, will add all @PF members
07-20-2013, 12:15 AM
(07-20-2013 12:11 AM)IronH Wrote:  I only wish that they didn't put Pengra Village and dragon plant on the same day.

I'm fairly convinced that it's a move to get people to burn stones.

Overall, it's worth it if you field Rainbow teams, or have light and dark to worry about, since those are Pengdra are harder to come by.

Your thread title matches my user title nicely, by the way...
07-20-2013, 12:56 AM
I think this has been the first week I've mostly ignored the village since it was launched (ran it once with extra stamina) but personally, doing math to determine #plants, #pengdras, #jewels with my box space is a lot less taxing when it's more focused...never mind that, at my rank/level, it feels a lot more rewarding to do a bit more than incremental pushes on my guys.

I'm with you Ice Knight regarding the number of visits and adding difficulty - I tend to get bummed out when I've burned a stone's worth of stamina (98 currently) looking for delicious xp's for my dark team only to have tons of off-color pengdra that i could've farmed anywhere else and no more than say 3 evo'd darks.

On that note, my experience is similar with the conditionals. I'd seen that some like to hunt the conditionals for the occassional jewel/evo'd pengdra drops but my experience is that they are all lower level so there's more hassle to prep them for feeding.
07-20-2013, 01:10 AM
(07-19-2013 11:58 PM)Smoogy Wrote:  No, it's fantastic. All you need to do is a little prepping to have the feeders ready to go. Plus, everyone loves top hats!

What kind of prepping do you do to be ready? I have box space of 300 right now which makes farming a lot easier/bursty...

I generally set pace based on plant drops from the previous week and try to feed them all. Having supers this week was feeling crazy good for that process (as bonus xp) but definitely requires stones.

I guess I'm just curious how people running mono-colors cope with such a random assortment or even if they do it at all on any significant level.
07-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Has any figured out the most efficient way to get the feeder material to evolve these Pendra from village. With the pendras from technicals, it usually come with a carbuncle and chimera that perfectly level max my lvl 2 pendra for evolving.

Gold Pendra pricing is seasonal. Please inquire at the front desk.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Disclaimer: This is an unofficial site and has no connections with GungHo Online. Use of our website and the content is at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for, and offer no warranties or representations regarding, the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of any of the content.

Contact Us | Puzzle & Dragons Forum | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication