Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Team-building for the Chinese Gods
07-21-2013, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 04:17 AM by Jet082.)
Team-building for the Chinese Gods
So the Chinese Gods will soon be available to us. I decided to get a jump on things and try to determine which teams would be best for each of the different gods. But then I had a thought which led to this thread here: the Greek 2.0 gods would go very well with the Chinese gods.

The Greek 2.0 gods are useful in that they can change two different orbs to their color - a heart and an off-color orb. Used in a Chinese spike-damage team, they can help remove two different orbs from the board. If you happen to use two appropriate Greek 2.0 subs along with the 3.5x ATK Chinese Gods, you'd have a high degree of control of the playing field and be able to activate their passive consistently.

I have a few thoughts on the types of teams that can be built for each Chinese god. I've tried to follow the same general trend with each team, with a focus on those subs that can be farmed or gained outside REM:
(Chinese God Leader) Subs: (Delay) (Defense) (Heart-breaker) (Gravity)

Fire Team

Greek 2.0 subs:

Possible team:

Other subs:
(Other Heartbreakers, Orb-Changers)

Water Team

Greek 2.0 subs:

Possible team:

Other subs:

Shadow Team

Greek 2.0 subs:

Possible team:

Other subs:

Wood Team

Greek 2.0 subs:

Possible team:

Other subs:

Light is more unique because she requires 4 colors to attack at once, and her skill acts as a smaller gravity.
Light Team

Greek 2.0 subs:

Possible team:

Other subs:

Chinese gods make very viable leaders for a spike-damage team. Boosting attack more than Isis, their ability also helps create orbs when stuck. They have good synergy with the Greek 2.0 gods and other orb-changers, and also gives more flexibility for a team (only needing to concentrate on 3 colors rather than a full rainbow team).

Red, Water, and Dark seem to be very similar in the type of teams they can design and the subs available. They each get 2 Greek 2.0 subs. Fire doesn't have access to much gravity, however.

Wood only has one Greek 2.0 sub but she still seems to have plenty of flexibility with subs (especially gravity choices). The lack of delay is a bit of a downside though.

Light had much less flexibility for a team. The Greek 2.0 god that goes with her (Apollo) is also light, so he can only replace the Valk on the team. The other 3 colors must be present for her to work.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Jet082 @PF: 336,649,276
Leaders:
Core Team:
Wishlist:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: Team-building for the Chinese Gods
I'm hoping for the Dark one, since I basically have Luci and Hades, I can put in a Siren and a Echnida for the defensive part and should be able to kill most things fairly easily with the spike damage, grav, and morning star.

[Image: 51f12a5bf3bc0.png]
[Image: 528e7f5eca97c.png]
07-21-2013, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 05:09 AM by eltoshen.)
I'd be happy if I got any of them (except Fire), but if I somehow got Light, it'd be kinda sad, as I'd probably abandon my dark team for awhile, which is where my focus has been...

[IAP-NA] eltoshen ┊ Rank 311
└ 349,950,263 ┘ ╭ Leads Below ╮
╰ strong independent women ╯
what
╭ bara ╮

padherder + blog
07-21-2013, 05:33 AM
The only one I would really want would be the light on. My grace valk has been my focus for xp for a while now and I have put a ton of + eggs on her.

Her being both light and wood would also leave more room for Verche, who would be awesome so you don't have to deal with dark orbs.

[Image: m9ndz96]
Want to know where I got my avatar? Look Here!
07-21-2013, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 05:51 AM by Karsuman.)
Though you can put the Greek 2.0 gods on Chinese teams, I don't think Hermes and Artemis are worth it. Their HP and RCV are awful, their ATK stat is only somewhere in the realm of 'good', they have no dual types, and their orb changes are all on substantially long cooldowns.

I can see making an argument for Ares, due to his beastly ATK stat. Apollo and Persephone have more typical stats for gods, so they can also probably fit in. But with Chinese teams consistency is the big thing. You will probably want low cooldown orb changers to ease the burden on making a combo. The mystic knights and heartbreakers are more important and generally better than the Greek 2.0. The rest should be filled out with gravity users or defensive subs. I don't know where you're going to fit the Greek 2.0 in.

As for me, I'd like Kirin, Byakko or Seiryu, but I don't have a pressing need for them if I don't get 'em. I'm content with Horus.

Karsu@PF: 396,242,296 (Primarily play Egyptian and healer teams, occasionally Ares/Lucifer/Astaroth: http://www.padherder.com/user/Karsuman/#tttttttttt)

Core Teams:

Other Available leads:

Also the proud owner of a pretty boy angel harem, if you're into that sort of thing...
07-21-2013, 05:49 AM
umm no matter what youre team look slike, you should definately try to make your team rainbow. it gives your team syngery with egyptian gods and just lets you hit harder by not having any dead orbs
07-21-2013, 08:58 AM
I want Tiger so bad. She's at least 3.5 times cuter than Kirin!

#388253297: Goutham@PF
07-21-2013, 12:49 PM
The typical Kirin team is :

Valk and Verche are for the light burst. Kirin already gives gravity, and it's only 15/20 turns, so it's super short. Echidna and Orochi for delay. You can sub in Hera-Is for Orochi, but she isn't as useful in descended dungeons unless you max skill her gravity (15 turns).

I've mostly been following Kirin and haven't been following the other gods.

The other gods don't really need orb changers. I feel Ares/Hermes/Artemis/Apollo/Persephone are really bad orb changers compared to the leads themselves. The leads all have 15 turn orb changes (all orbs to 3 orbs of the team), versus 17-turn CD of the Greek 2.0 series. You'll have two of them for two turns of burst. Delay is obviously a must, whether it's Echidna or Orochi. Sub colors are good for filling colors in. Gravity is debatable if you want to stall for them, but that depends on the dungeon. A heart maker like Parvati can be useful, but losing out on blue orbs isn't great.

[US] 362,149,220

Teams: Valkyrie, Ama, Light, Blue; actually mostly just Valk.
Working on: maxing Valk team, so I can almost be as good as Kane/prem.
07-21-2013, 05:42 PM
New greek gods aren't too useful since the cd is too long, might aswell put a cdk or something.

The usual popular builds for Byakko is somewhat Hera Is, Hades, Echidna, Yomi/Loki

You can also consider putting toy dragons in your team for stalling, then use with a heart breaker for burst. I much prefer angelion over verche in kirin team.

your Genbu team can also put a Parvati/chucu, making it Parvati, cuchu, Zeus Susano

a big advantage of chinese gods over Egyptian is the ability to be semi mono for focus burst damage. putting rainbow kinda ruins it.
07-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Somebody just posted a good picture on 2ch showing some possible subs for each Chinese god. They're grouped together by skill type (ctw, gravity, enhance, orb change, etc).