Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Famous Non-IAP Player: Rank 466 & 2500 +Eggs
09-11-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 10:18 AM by hitmantb.)
Famous Non-IAP Player: Rank 466 & 2500 +Eggs
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=2215...2&subbsn=3

Saw this on a Chinese forum, a famous ***non-IAP*** player managed to hit rank 466 in 466 days, with over 2500 +eggs.

[Image: 5d5w2e.jpg]

[Image: 34gv7sm.jpg]

There are a few interesting tips from him:

1) He rarely spend stamina on Pendras or any color metal dragons. Other than keepers of rainbow he rarely ever hit any of the material stages either, he gets his materials from experience farming

2) He plays just final stage of tier 5 dungeons, on weekdays depend on which dungeon gets the +1.5x he plays the final stage of Hyperion Lava Flow, Oceanus Falls, Kronos Forest, Rhea-Themis Temple and Clayus Poison, on weekends it is always farming Sea God of Heaven in Ocean of Heaven

3) If he clears a stage three times without a +egg he always wait and come back a hour or so later, he said +egg like anything else in this game is not random. Some time windows are simply better than others.

4) He doesn't use king dragons until monsters are 70+, in fact he relies mostly on feeding regular monsters. His rule of thumb is gold spend can not be more than experience gained. So if his main monster is level 60 he will only feed it 6000 exp monsters, if it is level 30 he will feed goblins/knights etc as-is.

5) After rank 367 he starts to farm King of the Gods with Goemon team but said it was only for exp, as far as +eggs are concerned Sea God of Heaven is still king

6) He does 0-2 pulls on most god-up's, you can see from image most of his +297's are farmed monsters.

Kind of boring but hard to argue with the results, what do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Famous Non-IAP Player: Rank 466 & 2500 +Eggs
Sound like a pretty interesting approach to things and there is honour in making things work your way instead of chasing the common wisdom of the crowd ~^_^~.

As a non-IAP player myself though, the one thing I'm curious about is how much of a chance does he take with the REM. If it weren't for event hand-outs, there would literally be a finite amount of Magic Stones to use in the game so it makes me wonder if he regularly uses the REM or invests them in more definite outcomes.
09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
(09-11-2013 01:13 PM)Zephos Wrote:  Sound like a pretty interesting approach to things and there is honour in making things work your way instead of chasing the common wisdom of the crowd ~^_^~.

As a non-IAP player myself though, the one thing I'm curious about is how much of a chance does he take with the REM. If it weren't for event hand-outs, there would literally be a finite amount of Magic Stones to use in the game so it makes me wonder if he regularly uses the REM or invests them in more definite outcomes.

0-2 pulls most god-ups, his teams doesn't rely on IAP.
09-11-2013, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 01:28 PM by Zephos.)
Thankies for the info update to the first post! Definitely like the way he's planning his EXP distribution, seems a lot more fun than grinding metal/jewel dragons and the great cycle of Pengdra stuffing ^_^.

Ah! It might just be my side, but the images seem to be broken from what I see... prolly just me though if everyone else can see them ^_~.
09-11-2013, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 02:12 PM by eltoshen.)
That time-frame thing makes a lot of sense. I don't think this game has true-rng but rather something like a Kerberos randomization based on your timestamp and user ID.

[IAP-NA] eltoshen ┊ Rank 321
└ 349,950,263 ┘ ╭ Occasionally ╮
╰ strong independent women ╯
what
╭ bara ╮

padherder + blog
ladies
┌ Upcoming Teams ┊ in-Progress ┐
ladies of the night !!
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Very useful informations. Thank a lot for sharing. =D
09-11-2013, 02:16 PM
(09-11-2013 02:12 PM)eltoshen Wrote:  That time-frame thing makes a lot of sense. I don't think this game has true-rng but rather something like a Kerberos randomization based on your timestamp and user ID.
Well there is no such thing as a true RNG in computer systems, they are all are pseudorandom based, given a seed. I don't know what you mean by Kerberos randomization, but it is likely that they use the current time and some unique id for each player as part of the seed (including other things). Hard to truly know though unless we get a very large sample.
09-11-2013, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 02:22 PM by eltoshen.)
(09-11-2013 02:16 PM)zincsterio Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:12 PM)eltoshen Wrote:  That time-frame thing makes a lot of sense. I don't think this game has true-rng but rather something like a Kerberos randomization based on your timestamp and user ID.
Well there is no such thing as a true RNG in computer systems, they are all are pseudorandom based, given a seed. I don't know what you mean by Kerberos randomization, but it is likely that they use the current time and some unique id for each player as part of the seed (including other things). Hard to truly know though unless we get a very large sample.

Kerberos is a authorization/certification/ticketing system based off time-stamps. It's what google uses, I think. I don't think we'll ever get a true answer, though, as there's just so many possibilities.

And there are games that run on true RNG (or something close to), but they are mainly really old games, as they have proven to be extremely unreliable. Some extremely old SNES games seem to run on a similar system.

[IAP-NA] eltoshen ┊ Rank 321
└ 349,950,263 ┘ ╭ Occasionally ╮
╰ strong independent women ╯
what
╭ bara ╮

padherder + blog
ladies
┌ Upcoming Teams ┊ in-Progress ┐
ladies of the night !!
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
What could possibly be unreliable about true random numbers?
Also, it's hard to argue with 466 ranks in as many days, I'm way below that with 200 in just over 300. And my plus eggs are waaaaaay fewer. Guess I have been doing it all wrong.

Not done yet. 321,135,284
7%14%7%7%*28%37%
Luckier than main. 377,960,272
90%2%*2%5%1%
*If you'd use me, add me. I'll accept anyone.
09-11-2013, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 03:19 PM by tina.)
can someone explain tip 4 for me???
I can't follow what he is saying...

nevermind - i got it Wink

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Disclaimer: This is an unofficial site and has no connections with GungHo Online. Use of our website and the content is at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for, and offer no warranties or representations regarding, the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of any of the content.

Contact Us | Puzzle & Dragons Forum | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication