Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
[Dungeon] Hera Descended - Discussion
02-13-2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 12:56 AM by Xîrt.)
[Dungeon] Hera Descended - Discussion
I've spent the last couple of days planning out how to beat her with my resolve team. I've got most of the kinks worked out, so feel free to take a look at my most recent strategy guide and the other guides. I've temporarily stickied all of these threads in the Tips&Tricks forum for easy access:

High level thread that has all the basic strats: Contains all the basic builds.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=842

Damage Resist strategy: Ama+Odin or CDD+Odin: Cheapest build because you only need a CDD.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=950

My Resolve strategy: Has details on how to approach every fight. It's tuned so that you have to do as little matching as possible.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthr...p?tid=2128

Wiki: All the stats you need to know about the Hera dungeon. Google translate is your friend.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/%E3%83%98%E...D%E8%87%A8

---

My review of the various strategies:

Valkryie/Viper: More risky during Hera fight, but will clear 1-4 very easily. It is a skill based build because no gems = death on Hera. I'm pretty sure you don't have to care about permutations of monsters or whatever with this team... you just beat them all to death. This is the build I recommend if you want to match gems and blow stuff away. You will need a high leveled team to beat this quickly though; if they are too weak, you may just die to demons (50k hp, 2.2k armor).

Viper/Amaterasu: Most risky upfront on stage 1. Rest will be easy. The last fight will be fast and skillless because you are blind matching. The permutations of the monsters matter, and your team is basically garbage that can't do anything else besides follow the preprogrammed schedule. It's a gimped team that is designed to win with the least effort, so if something unexpected happens (although I try to account for everything in my guide), you will lose stones or be forced to restart. I recommend this build if you are a mathematician and want to guarantee victory through preplanning.

Odin/Amaterasu + 16.5k hp: Well, this is easy mode. Depending on the rest of your team, this fight will either be short or take forever. IMO this is the optimal build because there is no risk. I recommend this build if you have Odin or Amaterasu.

Odin/2Siren/CDD + 8.5k hp: The cheapest build (since you just need a CDD). This is the longest fight, but if you have enough level ups, you can theoretically survive any combination of waves. However, Your lack of damage will make every wave take a very long time to clear (unless you bring a Hera/Hades/Neptune). You have low hp for the first couple of waves, and have to heal constantly during Hera. Let's hope you have enough heal orbs. I don't really recommend this build unless you have 2 near max skilled sirens. But if it's all you got, just go for it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Oh snap, HERA DUNGEON actually popping on Valentines!
(02-13-2013 11:11 PM)radav Wrote:  Aaaaaaaah damn it. I'm short the 2nd max skill Siren. Crap I thought I'd be all set the next time this poppeed. Oh well I guess I'll wait until next time.

I did it last time with only a single max skilled Siren. It's harder and requires more planning, but definitely not impossible.

Between Orochi, Echidna, and Siren, I find that I generally have enough panic buttons to heal back whatever Hera can throw out.
02-14-2013, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 03:13 AM by puzzle_pal.)
Wow, I forgot I have a valk. Screw resolve, I'll just run my all level 1 tier 3 healer team...

---

Seems like I actually have an advantage with only 4000ish hp on my crappy healers; with the 2000 rcv, I dont even need to combo to max heal.

---

My team:

Orochi
Siren sk level 4
Siren sk level 1
Echidna sk level 3
Shiva
Ally: best Valk I can find

I'm tossing aside Lilith; her dps is too low and having Shiva means that I autowin stages 2-4.
02-14-2013, 03:14 AM
You can use any mech really; the dark/light one just has the advantage of being unresistable.
02-14-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: HERA Dungeon Strategy Thread
(02-14-2013 12:58 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I don't think Echidna will trump a max skilled Siren. What happens if within the extra turns you get really unlucky with rcv orbs. I just don't want to take that chance.

I think the idea is that after you pop Siren and expending your gems, you use the Echidna to allow your Siren to cool down. This gives you a 3-way win: You take no damage, have a chance to get more rcv/fire orbs, and also allow your siren to recharge. Makes sense to me.

The best build as it was said on the fb group was to just have valk, lilith, triple skilled up echidnas, and just spam her move.
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 09:02 PM by Silver.)
RE: HERA Dungeon Strategy Thread
What is the timing for triple Keepers on Hades? Use the first at 3 turns remaining?

edit: That was the timing, +1 Hera Tongue
04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: [Dungeon] Hera Decends - Strategy Thread
I got lvl 78 dark/dark hades leader and a friends with ama 6 star, odin, or viper
Subs as shown in pic.
TELL ME THERES HOPE!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-04-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:55 PM by EdGamer.)
0 stones clear for Hera.

Refer setup shown

[Image: K1baHR1.jpg]
04-04-2013, 08:31 PM
4 stones for me due to me not matching healing orbs even though I had it on Hera. Took me about 3 hours to clear dungeon.
My team was
Leader: Odin lv 25
Friend: Abyss Neptune lvl 64
Subs:
Echidna tRE lv 33
Siren tE lv 88 skill lv 6
Dark Golem mk III lv 16
Wind Mech Dragon lv 56
04-05-2013, 12:20 AM
So I was thinking of taking this team...anyone think its safe enough? I'm willing to put a couple stones into getting her.

lvl 40 Abyss Neptune Lead
Friend Awaken Odin
Subs:
Echidna TRE (skill 2) lvl 38
Siren (max skill) lvl 28
2x Rainbow Keeper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Disclaimer: This is an unofficial site and has no connections with GungHo Online. Use of our website and the content is at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for, and offer no warranties or representations regarding, the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of any of the content.

Contact Us | Puzzle & Dragons Forum | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication