◄ Best Friend Finder & Everything About Best Friend Feature ►

Discussion in 'NA Add Me!' started by Amphora, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Amphora

Amphora A beautiful nightmare

Disclaimer: This Thread is NOT for advertisement.
    This thread is for the User Spreadsheet, post
    here to advertise.

◄ Best Friend Feature ►

With the new update, users will finally gain access to the Best Friend Feature (BFF).

⋆ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ⋆
    Best Friend Finder [NA] :

Please enter your in-game information via the Input Form. Your information will show up on the User Directory Doc. You can CTRL + F to search for specific leaders you need and contact the users either in-game or on forums to see if they're a good match.

Thanks to @Derpinator for making the Form + Google Doc.

User Input Form: http://goo.gl/forms/2ssWTha5oS
    User Directory: https://goo.gl/ECT6y6

⋆ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    What is the Best Friend Feature?

Currently, users only have access to a Friend's Slot 1 and Slot 2 Leader, and once the two leaders have been used once, the friend must login again or refresh the app for those leaders to reappear.

With the BFF system, users will gain access to both the Best Friend's Slot 1 and Slot 2 Leaders, as well as a new Slot 3 Leader (by default this will be Team 2, and only Best Friends will be able to see and use the Team 2 Leader) for 24 hours from the Best Friend's last login, without having to refresh the app at all.

The is the Slot 1 [current] leader.
    The is the Slot 2 or Team 1 leader.
    The is the new slot 3, or Team 2 leader.

These are the three leaders users will have access to from their Best Friends. Users can use any of these three leaders an infinite amount of times for 24 hours from the Best Friend's last login, without needing to refresh.

Note that there is no 'accepting' a Best Friend. This is not a request, it's a one-way selection. Users can choose to Best Friend you, and you will receive an in-game mail notifying you that someone has selected you as a Best Friend. In that scenario, you can say thanks and enjoy the benefits.

A Few Important Points:
    1. You can only select one Best Friend at this time, but there will be resets (refer to FAQ)
    2. An unlimited number of other people can select you as their Best Friend
    3. A Best Friend can be removed if either party decides to unfriend the other

⋆ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ⋆
    Why Should I Use The Best Friend Feature?

Perhaps some of you might think: I don't need a best friend. I'm fine on my own.

Here are some benefits of having a Best Friend:

• Up to 200 pal points a day from having just 1 Best Friend, (100 when you use a Best Friend's leader, and 100 when they use your Leader). With this feature, you can easily rack up pal points to use in those Evo Carnivals, Mini Three Kingdoms, and so on
    • There is really no downside to having a best friend. You gain access to three free leaders an infinite amount of times for 24 hours from their last login time, and this can really save time when you're trying to speed farm, or when you're running that niche leader no one else has up
    ⋆ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ⋆
    Who Should I Best Friend?

This is one of the most common questions, and arguably for a good reason. Due to the limited amount of times we can select a Best Friend, this should be a decision you think through carefully if you intend to play PAD for a long time, or if you play seriously at all.

Typically, there are three ways to go about it:
    1. Select a Friend who has all the farming leads you need
    2. Select a Friend who runs a niche leader or similar leaders as you
    3. Select a Whale who just has everything you would ever need in this life
    The most important factor however, should be communication.

Pick someone you talk to, or at least have contact with. It doesn't have to be on a daily basis, but enough such that if you ever need a specific leader up, or if any issues come up, you can let them know in time.

I strongly advise against selecting a random (you've never talked before) Friend from the Friend List who seemingly runs leaders you use, because one day that person might either switch leaders for good, or disappear, situations you want to avoid. This is why it's commonly suggested that you Best Friend someone you know in real life, but this doesn't have to be the case at all, as long as there is communication between the two of you.

A common system to reap the most benefits out of the BFF system is the Triangle (also referred to as Circle).

This system works by allowing each person in a party of three to have access to two Best Friends, meaning all three of them will have six leaders available at all times to use.​

A Few Important Points:
    1. Don't blindly Best Friend someone purely for their huge number of hypermax leads, or their high rank. People with lots of hypermax leads will naturally be a popular target for others to Best Friend. What this means is that they will also have to cater to more people (put up leads for other people that you might not find useful). Make sure you know or talk to this person, and that they can honor your leader requests should you need a particular leader up for a long time.

2. Don't get too hung up on the decision. This is not life or death. We all want to find a perfect best friend, but everyone will have flaws (in this case, leaders that might not match with yours exactly). Choose wisely, but don't withhold the selection for months just because you can't find that perfect Best Friend. You're missing out on a great feature.

3. I've seen people get upset because "he didn't Best Friend me as promised" or "wow why won't you best friend me" or some other variation of this. Don't let the Best Friend Feature be something that comes in between real friendships. Please learn to respect other people's decisions.

⋆ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ⋆
    Other FAQ: (will be updated)

1. Does BFF go both ways? If someone Best Friends me, do I gain access to their leaders?

Yes, the BFF goes both ways. Once someone BFF's you, you gain access to all three of their leaders automatically (you will get an in game-mail notifying you when someone BFF's you). You do not have to do anything in this case to enjoy the benefits of the BFF system.
    2. What if my Best Friend goes inactive? Am I doomed to all eternity without a Best Friend?

No, you are not doomed. The BFF system will periodically "reset" (once every 2-4 months), allowing you to pick more BFF's (on top of your previous one if you selected one before the reset). Note: The "reset" does not reset any previous BFF selections. Rather, it allows users who have already picked a BFF to pick another one. If you did not select a BFF before the reset, you will still only be allowed to pick one afterwards.​

3. What happens if I accidentally [or purposely] deleted my Best Friend from the Friend List?

If you delete a Best Friend, the link will disappear between the two of you, and both parties will lose all benefits and access to each other's leaders. You do not get to pick a new Best Friend if this was the Best Friend you selected, so think carefully before deleting one.
    ⋆ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ⋆

Have fun making Best Friends ♥

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got nobody....... :<

Pikachu22, Daeus and HeartlessIndigo like this.
  3. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
    :"<

4. Tiquity

Tiquity Awoken Andromeda when?

User ID:
    Amphora will be very popular ;).

5. vincent000

vincent000 Hyped for everything

User ID:
    All hail Amphora she's that popular

6. Amphora

Amphora A beautiful nightmare

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

7. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I expect Amphora to have 300 BFFs by tomorrow. She's basically being passed around by everyone because she's so popular. :hilarious:

8. O4rfish

O4rfish Member

What if my best friend plays Candy Crush?

RareKyurem, Dremaza and Memememememe like this.
  9. usagi

usagi Well-Known Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    "Note that there is no 'accepting' a Best Friend. This is not a request"

damn that sounds harsh

Pikachu22, RareKyurem and Albireo like this.
  10. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
  11. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  12. RoboGT

RoboGT Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    thanks!
    my brother and I were going to choose each other but now maybe we will make a triangle. unfortunately there is more of a square of us available lol....

13. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
  14. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Why are you still friends with them?

Samd, Joshwa, RareKyurem and 7 others like this.
  15. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i cant stop being friends with my mom, she lets me live in her house

RareKyurem, Alcohol, Nocturne and 8 others like this.
  16. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

It's a sad life when your best friend is your mom.

RareKyurem and Albireo like this.
  17. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i bet its not as sad as a friendless life like urs

jk just bf amphora she cant refuse, its not a request

Daeus likes this.
  18. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I do have a best friend though. We hang out every weekend.

19. whydavid

whydavid Retired Goldfish

User ID:
    Quit
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm bffing TC cause he has a rodin

20. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
    Is it available on NA ?