2 seprate questions 1 thread!

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MegatronG, Mar 16, 2017.

1. MegatronG

MegatronG Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    1st question (a minor one.)
    I see alot of people saying minerva is op. Powerhouse. All that. But why though? What makes her that way and not revo ceres? There pretty much the same. Except the typing. So why are ppl talking about minerva and not revo ceres?
    I have revo ceres and not minerva. That's the only reason I ask.

2nd question.
    So I've been playing with acc team. Actually learning when to stall, and when to burst. I mean...these guys are barely plused and can os just about anything. Some issues I'm having is 1, not having the hp to tank hits much is that common with fire teams? And 2 active isn't ready when I need it. Here is my fire box I think i have an ok team with him but I feel I'm missing something. Also would gonna help in this team or even thought about Naga for A 3 turn stall rather then A 1 turn haste from scarlet. Idk though. Kinda lost on this one. A lil guidance will go a long way. Thanks.

Screenshot_20170316-090343.jpg

Right now I'm using
    Acc/uriel/yamato/set/ares/acc

Acc and set are both max skill, working on yamoto, and uriel, aries is an easy skill up.

I know set doesn't really fit on the team due to his tpa awakenings but his hp is twice as much as valk and chiyome. And ares is r/l due to the very high hp stat on that from rather then his awoken form. Thanks guys!!!!

2. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Minerva has better pairings.

I prefer R/L Ares through and through. Teams without HP multipliers tend to not take hits well, that's why minvera is so powerful, she gets free resistances.

3. Eustace

Eustace Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There are a couple of reasons Minerva is more popular: Ilm and Tsubaki.
    - Minerva/Ilm is stronger than Minerva/Minerva, and there's no Ilm counterpart in Green.
    - Tsubaki offers guaranteed activation (or mostly guaranteed for an Min/Ilm team) from one active on a 7 turn cooldown with Haste. As a bonus, she has double Dragon Killer awakenings. Ceres doesn't have anyone like that.
    - There are more threatening red things in arena than green things. (e.g. It's easy for Minerva to stall on Kali in Arena once you've survived the first attack. Ceres has to deal with a red second half).

4. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    I disagree. Tsubaki has 2 split evo's. The one with Light sub attribute is leader focused, and does not get the added bonus of Dragon Killers. You shouldn't lead with her split evo that only has a main attribute, it does significantly less damage as a leader, but is very much so a good sub, in certain situations. Tsubaki with Dragon Killer really falls off against any dragons with Resolve (I'm looking at you, Hino Kagutsuchi) or damage null. Ceres does have leader pairings that provide easy activation, as well as cards with awakenings that have awesome killer awakenings, or just straight up awesome awakenings that can trump killers, which a lot of people like to avoid killers like the plague.

I do agree what you said about Ilm though, very much so.

5. MegatronG

MegatronG Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    So if there was an ideal ceres team as there is with minerva, what would it be? I suspect a ceres team can plow through something like m.athena consistently. I don't come across as many row wood att as I do fire and I thought that might be the case between them. Never thought about how many fire att enemy's there really is. Hyno don't scare me as much as lifive does tbh. I think it's 4 turns your your dead, shield or not. Orb troll is real!!!

6. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think both of you are saying the same thing about Tsubaki. I interpreted Eustace as saying Minerva is great because she has Ilm as a lead pairing and Tsubaki as a sub, which I think is also your point. I agree about the problem with Hino, and use delay (Awoken Cao Cao) to take care of the pesky dragon.

Eustace and ko300zx like this.
  7. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have cooped A3 a bunch of times with Ceres. Red puppeteer helps. I roll with a TPA focused build with Ceres/M Athena/Spica/Ragnarok/Vishnu but Vishnu has been Kaede, Parvati and a bunch of other stuff. Ishida Inherit somewhere is nice. You can beat all the dragons with that setup in coop even with the killers. Minerva just has access to some more OP stuff

Sherufanir likes this.
  8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

You probably should switch out set for valk or chiyome though if you are having troubles with skills being ready. A 5 turn cd orb change will do wonders and means you will have to stall a lot less and can save your better skills for when you actually need them and yeah make sure everything is max skilled and that will help you a ton

9. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CloudStrife likes this.
  10. MegatronG

MegatronG Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    Thanks for the reply about acc team. I'm starting to really like them. Hard to get red fairies for yamoto, almost finished with aries though. Still gotta plus them up too.

And wow...i never would have thought. I have all these cards minus rag drag. Including hyper max ceres and kaede

CloudStrife likes this.
  11. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa is the biggest green cheerleader I know. Haha. He has red puppeteer and I am pretty sure we have beaten everything in coop at one point or another. He usually focuses on rows. I focus TPAs. He makes the hard stuff into green typing and then we win.

12. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly, Ilm/Minerva is not better than Minerva/Minerva. Faster for arena 1? Sure. But its not better for the top tier content in the game. More shield >> more damage in the highest tier content. Also, Tsubaki is not the best sub option for Minerva in arena unless you bring an inherit on her. She is good, don't get me wrong. But I much rather have Yamato, A.CaoCao, Leilan, Leilan (or gadius if you dont have a dupe), or Ares as well. If you get beelz you need to blow you leilan and then depend a bit on rng for Kali if you dont have a second board change. Tsubaki does get the job done though, but she is definitely not a reason Minerva is better than Ceres.

Subpool is also not an Issue for Ceres. I actually like my Ceres team better than any Minerva team in terms of subs. Ishida is freaking OP as a sub and Gronia > Ronia for 2 color board change. Honestly the biggest reason Minerva is better than Ceres has to do with Arena being the most popular dungeon and in Arena 1) Lifive is a pain for most team (and especially for Ceres being green vs him being Red) and also 2) Kali's second half of her life is Red. Minerva naturally resists both assuming you didn't one shot them. Ceres, well she has more issues there. But both are very capable. But in a nut shell, these are the only real 2 reasons Minerva is better. In coop, for arena 3 i just bring a puppet and the color disadvantage becomes a non issue.

Eustace, CloudStrife and Sherufanir like this.
  13. Eustace

Eustace Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    - While there are dungeons where Minerva/Minerva is better, there are certainly dungeons where Ilm/Minerva is the better option. With Minerva you have the option to pair, but with Ceres you don't.
    - Tsubaki's double dragon killers make her a niche sub to some extent (and bar her from places like A3). However, for areas like A1, it makes her one of the best subs around. Of course she doesn't answer all your problems, so you're going to need inherits and variety in subs, but she trivializes a couple non trivial encounters (mainly Lifive, but she's also a pleasant bonus for Dkali). I'm not sure that you would want multiples on a team, but there are no other subs that can replicate the benefit she brings, whereas there are plenty of board change and delay options.

Once you get to things like Arena 3, I'm a bit out of my element, so I'll defer to your experience. However, I will note that my primary goal in A3 was to get a Hephaestus dragon, and I stopped running A3 once I got one (the cheese team was too much work for a small chance at a radar dragon). I can see how you handle Hephdra in co-op with Ceres, but is there a reasonable way to do it solo? It seems like the only way is to play timing tames with a puppeteer inherit that could go all kinds of wrong as you progress through the dungeon. Is it as bad as my imagination makes it, or are there ways to make A3 solo Ceres work?

14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All valid points for those Arena one and other dungeon

For solo, you need long inherits on Hephaestus and the puppet (also long inherit). So Minerva solo though you also need a puppet to handle everything, otherwise certain spawns are auto loss in arena 3 (Noah the biggest one probably)

15. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Solo in general has a steep learning curve for all but a few teams and even those can be totally destroyed by a mistake at the wrong moment or just bad RNG that is totally out of player control. Solo Ceres can work but not as well as other solo teams. Keep in mind we are talking about playing Ceres straight up and not as a cheese build.

16. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    It's also easier to run a Ganesha or Raphael or Indra as a base sub on Minerva-Ilm, on color, if a hard descend warrants it / plays to recycle abuse, whereas it's variously offcolor on Ceres.

And the Ilm/Ilmina as a unique candidate sub thing is subject to being magnified. It's that coop you can pop a luxury Ilm or Ilmina on each side of the coop and blow up things from orbit turn after turn after turn. The lower passive resist from split leads is negligible when you can nuke 6 floors with huge bicolor board change damage before casually stalling on a nice color resist floor.

Ceres is fine though.
    Just never felt quite as convenient.

Even RevoNeptune is fine when you want to tackle something like MechaHera that has several floors that seriously troll Minerva team.

17. MegatronG

MegatronG Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    So from what I'm gathering here is that as ceres is just as valuable and powerful as she is, she don't have the versatility and wide range of subs like minerva does. (Unless its something like mech athena or something)