2016 MVP Awards nomination

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Noobzilla, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Looking for nominations! Tell us who and why.

Will update the thread and add a poll once all candidates are in!

I nominate..

Farmable armor breaker + multi damage in one push, which makes button farming easier

Marr likes this.
  2. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I nominate Hathor because
    1. she's Hathor
    2. uhhh she's amoozing
    3. she's the sacred life goddess
    4. did I mention she's Hathor? xD

3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Kanna.
    When from being annoyed at useless dupes and tempted to sell, into simultaneously being excellent as LKanna on RaDra, and great as a split lead on DKanna YomiDra.

Arranging likes this.
  4. jboordan

jboordan ひかり輝いている ~ ❤

User ID:
    Hands Down Most Vulnerable Person in the game

5. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Goddamnit, it's really hard to choose. 2016 was one fucking hell of a whirlwind year for me. Got my first clears for all 3 Arenas. Farmed enough rogues to build an entire team of MP monsters. I could be a shill and say Myr, because she popped my A3 cherry. Or I could say Dios and Anji for revolutionizing speed-farming.

But I'm going to say ACao had the most dramatic impact on how I approach the game from day to day. He transformed Arena from something I had to co-op or grind through with Myr, to something I could do quick, easy, and sloppy to dump stamina and hoard Piis. Also, developing my Cao A1 Guide helped me come into my own as a tactician in this game.

For sure, I came across even better Arena options than Cao as the year went on. Mathena is fast and easy, but not so sloppy. My Myr team got a bit faster when I got Paimon, and Rakshmi is a total joy to run Arena with. And Aizen makes solo A1 about as easy as Mathena does in co-op. But Cao really set the stage for them. Cao hoarded all the Piis that enabled me to build up those other teams. Cao was the first lead to make me approach A1 as more than a prohibitive solo annoyance or a co-op endeavor.

My final answer is Awoken Cao Cao. Come at me bro. I don't give a shit if I end up the only man to vote him. I don't give a shit if he is outclassed for Arena and he is more difficult to make farm teams for than Bei. He was my MVP.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Chartheblade likes this.
  6. tanpopo

tanpopo nova here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She may have a hidden snake, but her blowing gravity is unrivaled.
    IMG_20161230_121813.jpg

7. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know she's overused and many people hate her (just like Ronia used to be), but I can't not nominate Myr. She allowed me to beat a ton of content that was previously beyond my reach, and she's farmable to boot! And as an added bonus, she allowed me to make effective use of my beloved Apocalypse.

8. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Despite not really using him, I think Krishna deserves a nomination. He was the first real lead we got in the wake of cross mechanics, and having no type restriction meant anyone with a decent red box could build a sturdy and viable team.

Krishna is the every man descend killer, and the hero we deserve.

Marr likes this.
  9. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Regular Ult Beorc is better because she's literally straddling wood.

tanpopo and Flandre like this.
  10. relicss

relicss Active Member

MYR obviously
    no other card has had bigger impact on meta game

11. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

I nominate

Odd choice, but honestly he's the first card where I can indefinitely say has the best art in the game for me. He has this beautiful porcelain white cascading with red and gold, followed by multiple masks that are all uniquely detailed. He just has this sophisticated suave about him that just screams pretentious, and I love it.

12. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Wedding Eschamali for taking the term "most valuable" too literally

blackelemental, Nez, David@PF and 4 others like this.
  13. Reine

Reine Ham hands

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    2016 was a long year in PAD, so much change so fast. Gonna have to go with this gal here for having a consistently good year as both a leader and sub:
    [​IMG]
    Along with her sister Kaede, she benefited from an ultimate and change to the heart cross shield mechanic that helped usher in the rise of heart cross. Unlike Kaede, and cards like Bastet and another one of my favorites from this year, Astaroth, who were relegated to box-warmer after their time as leader had passed, Sumire continues to be a staple sub on blue teams being an HP stat stick, having a good heart-making active with haste and almost single-handedly ensuring every blue orb that drops is sparkly.

I could also argue this guy in the strictly sub category:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    His split-ults this year gave us a devil and balanced option and perfect AS for two very strong teams in Gremory and Ana Typhon. Very rarely do split-ults, upon immediate release, make you go "I need both of those right now, but Akechi had that kind of hype. That's how split-ults should be done.

(I would probably put Eschamali as sub-only MVP since she claims a spot on so many teams from this year, but I still don't have one and I'm hella salty.)

blackelemental and LazarusPD like this.
  14. Faust

Faust Active Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    While neither is a favorite of mine, there are two cards that changed the nature of the game and that consequently have my support for MVP:
    1) Awoken Liu Bei: Whether we like it or not, ALB changed the nature of the game. With a fully farmable team ALB made farming teams accessible, monster points farmable, and most descends swipe-able. He's easily the most commonly used lead in multiplayer and even managed to acquire his own Discord channel.
    2) Myr: Yes, she's ubiquitous to the point of being annoying, but Myr trivialized a lot of the game's content and opened up a lot of the game to many players held back by funds and/or skill. She's also farmable, can take just about any heart-maker as a sub, and employed a unique timing mechanic in her leader skill that made no awakening dungeons easier and comboing more straightforward.
    While other leads were more interesting and fun, these two leads spread like wildfire because of their accessibility, both in terms of ease of use and teambuilding.

15. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    If you're not voting for Myr you're probably in denial over just how much she shook up this game

blackelemental, Trap and El Purgator like this.
  16. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    or perhaps she shook it too much that she made things uninteresting :p

17. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Myr had the most impact but light akechi as the inherit is the most valuable player for me.

Moogle is a close second.

18. Xayvin

Xayvin Gremerry! <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My MVP this year without a doubt is:

Ronove gave me my first A3 clear in 2016, my first A2 clear solo, and numerous brainless py's in A1. The reason I credit Ronove as my MVP of 2016 is simple: Pulling him and his ideal subs made me a much better player. I would not have learned how to tuck orbs in alongside a heart-cross if it wasn't for him.

The aforementioned is why I didn't vote for Myr/BMyr - simply because Myr/BMyr does not force you to rainbow match and heart-cross to hit the maximum multiplier (read: SHE'S EASIER TO PLAY, come at me.) I remember practicing day after day in the summer in UEC, honing my skills. Everything else seems easy to play by comparison--and the coolest part is that playing Ronove made me a good rainbow player as well. I was instantly blowing dungeons and Arenas apart with Sherias Roots and RaDra, thanks to the skills I acquired learning how to use Ronove. Ronove = MVP 2016!

Best of luck to everyone in 2017!

blackelemental, PDF3 and chazzyclaws like this.
  19. Reine

Reine Ham hands

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    *Cues Orchestral Music* This year in review, thanks to Setsu's blog
    January
    The MP Dragons lead the pack, with some players still salty about the new MP system, but new evolutions of old favorites are setting hearts afire all over again
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fan favorites who round out the middle tier of leaders include:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

February
    The MP Dragons continue their domination, all four of them. Awoken Pandora appears from a JP fan poll to much excitement. The MP Dragons are not waifus, you see
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lots of leaders on the list who have never made their way to the US of A and as the sun sets on this year probably never will including:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

March
    Sakuya and the OT God are knocked off the top tiers while everyone annoys everyone else with Panda and A. Luci
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

New Years REM monsters fill out the bottom tier including:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

April

Shivadragon starts slipping away from the pack, Tsukuyomi Dragon and Nepdra will follow throughout the month while Rukia surges from behind
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

After appearing last month Fenrir holds onto a top spot by a thread only to fall off next month so April represents peak "Jammer meta"
    [​IMG]

20. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Awoken Liu Bei (and Zeus Dios, to a lesser extent)

The advent of co-op and his leader skill ushered in a new era of farming and gameplay.

Other nominees:
    Myr - farmable heart cross
    Awoken Horus - although revealed in 2015, 2016 gave him better leader skill three times with looser sub restrictions, more RCV, and more damage.
    Awoken Apollo - Hipster Krishna

(Ult krishna arrived too late into 2016 to make a nomination, rip)

Marr likes this.