[3P] Descended Rush a.k.a HP Lovecraft Dungeon

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by foxwaffles, Jun 19, 2017.

1. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Ain't no way in all of the Cthulhu mythos hell am I ever going to be able to do this

and you wonder why i'm so salty i didn't get a single indra this past player's choice ffffff

Anyways...

If you've done it or you've tried and failed or you just want to join in with me and laugh about how we'll never clear it, post here!

Because we'd love to hear about the teams you used and any advice you may have for us </3

jade, ko300zx and win8x like this.
  2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Haven't tried the rush but ibtried the endless and was suprised how easy it was until i made it to the boss lol
    Got chutulu and the combination of mortal poision skyfall, fogged bottom row and 7 combo shield whith the occasional locked orbs thrown in was just too much for me solo.
    Feel like he is the most doable one but still insane.
    Might be willing to stone for azatoth if i get some decent partners.

3. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yogg can guaranteed one shot the blue and green bosses, so you see a lot of them in it on the JP server. Yogg, dragon killer Ilm X2, Orpharion or other 3 SB sub, Momiji. Inherit Ana Valkyrie on Orpharion and Mell on Momiji. Need 2 devil killers on one of the Ilm. Boss is Yogg -> Valkyrie to get full board enhanced heart, them Mel to get a heart column. For blue, match it like that. For green, match a TPA.

Beyond that, you have two Ilm actives and other Yogg to blow up floors along the way. Gives really fast runs and can carry people pretty easily. As long as your team mates can clear 3 floors between the two of them, you're set.

If Azathoth spawns you're boned though :)

foxwaffles likes this.
  4. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have run the first two difficulties so far. Honestly, and this isnt to disrespect anyone, but I guess I dont suck too bad at this game. :p

Chartheblade, ko300zx and foxwaffles like this.
  5. Balz

Balz New Member

One stoned and got the green boss so far. He wasn't too bad except for making the screen dark. I went in thinking it was going to be crazy but I think my first time trying to beat Zeus back in the day was much harder and took like 10 stones lol.

foxwaffles likes this.
  6. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    What teams were being used?

7. Balz

Balz New Member

I used kush. One guy used dark Athena and a third used Anubis but could only 6 combo and quit out. Kush works well with the ho but need the dark prongs if using haku to get those bosses down.

8. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In JP I was seeing lots of Revo Kushi with RevoHaku subs and Diochan. Keiji can also be used to un-dark the board.

9. Balz

Balz New Member

Damn wish I had him. That would help.

10. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First 2 difficulties were easy... Was sorta waiting for the hard boss each time. Final difficulty waltzed up to the boss, had both partners quit on me, and promptly got my ass handed to me.

ko300zx and foxwaffles like this.
  11. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can take on the eye of cthulhu and the brain of cthulhu, but the entire Cthulhu? no way

Chartheblade and foxwaffles like this.
  12. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    For some visuals to support this team comp :D

mtb911 and LazarusPD like this.
  13. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tried once with a Line friend with Bastet and a random Dathena. The Bastet friend died on Cthulu, then the Dathena stoned once and quit when he died again. I was on my own for the last 25%. I stoned once when he was at about 5% and finished the job. The sacrifices of my comrades will not be forgotten.

mtb911 and foxwaffles like this.
  14. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    so do the cthulu drops only drop from the hardest difficulty?

15. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They're only in the highest difficulty. 100% spawn for one of the 3. Blue and green aren't really with stoning for. Dark is.

16. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Dark is also the hardest and has a lower spawn rate.

And all of them require like 30 skill ups :banghead:

MegatronG likes this.
  17. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FTFY

foxwaffles likes this.
  18. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    hahaha thank you *bows*

19. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Cthulhu has a 50% resolve and that will only work for the green one. There are a few row teams that can one shot the green one though including Meri with the right damage enhance. It's pretty easy to make a full board then enhance it and swipe it even if it lives the board won't be darked out anymore for the next person.

So far I feel like the dark one is pretty easy if the teams are tanky enough since you have to fight it legitamitely pretty much. You could theoretically four hit it if you can put your teams near his damage nullify.

Trailokyavijaya inherits can make Cthulhu easy enough though. The teams that have a decent chance against him are tanky or have an Indra or Kushi move to help them survive.

The best teams for this obviously are Kushi, Ra Dragon, DAthena, and Anubis. Other teams include Aizen, Meri, Ichigo/Saito all with good shields. Tanky teams that can make it but it'll be hard include Noctis, Neptune Dragon, Myr but all of these will have problems with combo shields.

I've two stoned the green one. Once at the boss once before due to a bad luck preempt. It was my first try but I think it'll be smoother next time since I'll be more ready.

20. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

The whole point of taking Momiji is that from full board enhanced light orbs + a heart column, Momiji's heart column awakening will finish off Cthulhu.

And no offence to those teams, but I honestly think Kushi, Radra and Dath are all very bad for this dungeon:
    • Kushi's biggest problem is lack of SBs. You'll need stuff like Maeda for the boss, but there's no way Maeda will be up when he is inherited on the team, unless some major stalling earlier on. Also Kushi's damage with 7 combos is just not enough, and expecting 8+ combos is a bit difficult because 1) no finger badge; 2) you can't expect other players to leave a nice board for you; 3) with 6 SBs for the standard team even Haku's skill won't be up until 3 turns into the dungeon; 4) Cthulthu's bottom row fog.
    • If I'm hosting a room, I auto quit if I see a Radra player. Even at 144x, damage is nowhere near enough for this dungeon. And expecting a gemstone for burst is almost impossible because of the long base CD of the usual base monsters: Radra and Kanna. I've played a lot of 3p and frankly I've learned the hard way that Radra is almost dead weight in this dungeon.
    • Dath also has major issues from lack of damage, and overly reliant on gemstone is not ideal in 3p. And without finger badge, very rarely I meet good players who can hit 7 combos consistently.
    Without Yogg and MH collab, I would much rather use teams like Anubis who can burst hard without relying on inherited skills. Trusting random players to stall with you is very unreliable.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Memememememe, bp1976 and mtb911 like this.