ALB/Dios farming compendium - All information here

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Moozie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
    it's to make single player mode more bearable.

the only badge that works in coop is the +100 team cost (for lowbies)

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    An important note is that even if we kick the gunma substitutes to the curb as too cute, the inversion of A and B and the pass turn on f1 are keepable finesse, so the gunma build can drop the other side needing Avalon. So that's helpful option. I think you could keep your gunma composition, tweaked navigation, and run with a no-Avalon partner.

---

With a prepped board I think Osiris is within the realm of ok. Not as safe as I'd like, but okay. I practiced a couple boards in TEC getting a research feel.

Depending on how the second row of the board happens to turn out, it's as little as a 12 move path, assuming your partner prepped the desired four wood orbs for you, which he has no reason not to, other than his being a monkey. Though if you have to fix/adjust row2, more like a 15-22 move path, which is now in the realm of might-mess-it-up, though you can slide/swirl rapid if you can envision what you will be doing rather than trying to decide as you go adhoc.

I also chuckled that Nut is a cd4, with a time extend. Not a wood card, and makes a left water row, but you're board prepping anyway. Has the same issue with needing to break up the left column to manage combo count, however.

That said, I don't actually intend to prefer running Osiris/Nut. Just wanted to solve cd4. It gets you trade-off involved in navigation finesse that allows the locked orbs attack to happen. Workable, but not as ideally smooth.
    (To be honest, I'll probably just skill up SuperGunma with spare stamina chipping at coins collab runs, but I like a good puzzle / refinement.)

I'd like to try cd3 Robin. Though I'm not 100% sure whether his x1.2 bumps things over damage threshold. I thought I calculated it at something like 980k vs 1000k threshold, but that is super close and bears a proper real doublecheck.

Cd3 BabyMatchPlus is also to hand from BabyMatchPlus^A.Ra being a thing farmed up for z8, (good Jize substitute there), and he has a completely benign active. If partner preps and you aren't making a column you have to disrupt with your starting orb pick, it seems to be back to being as easy/equivalent to SuperGunma. Not as ideal, as he's a fire card vs wood, but gunma wasn't bringing amazing stats, so presumably Nut/BMP/etc non-wood are ok floor by floor no skyfalls.

I don't really want to farm skillup a cd4 griffin, though he drops and pal machines commonly, or the two cd3 farmable dragons, lagovim or some such, I forget the names, there's a wood dragon that's a thing with a silly negligible cd3 active.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Kreisler

Kreisler World of the Gleaming Moon

User ID:
    309, 977, 242
    PADherder:
    link
    Has anyone tested out the alternative build for Z8 that was posted on the subreddit recently? I'll just post the build here in case anyone is interested. It isn't as quick or push-button-able as the normal build, but it's a lot much less work and doesn't require passing.

Team A: ALB / Dios/ Dios / Dios / (single target laser)
    Team B: ALB / Dios / Dios / Dios / (mass target laser)
    with Team B having 1 Dios with 2 SDR (or SI)

F1: (A) Row (ALB if needed, & save extra greens)
    F2: (B) Row+extra green (ALB if wasn't used on F1)
    F3: (A) Dios
    F4: (B) Dios
    F5: (A) Dios
    F6: (B) ALB
    F7: (A) Dios
    F8: (B) (Mass Target Laser)
    F9: (B) Dios
    F10: (A) (Single Target Laser)
    F11: (A) 0-combo
    (B) Dios (the one with SI/SDR)

Original source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/4yywx2/tip_speedfarming_mp_in_z8_with_low_rem/

In other news, I can make Team B for MHera anytime, so I'd be up for giving it a shot with anyone that has Team A since this week is particularly un-eventful in terms of dungeons to run.

4. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There is basically 2 people that have team A that I know of, me and @Moozie. I thinking tomorrow can be an MHera farming day if you'd like. Let me know.

5. Kreisler

Kreisler World of the Gleaming Moon

User ID:
    309, 977, 242
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks to @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa for running and getting me my first MHera yesterday! Will be looking forward to farming her dungeon in the future with you or @Moozie :)

David@PF, Tek7, dms1485 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes. I ran it recently and it works very well. Just try to save orbs on F1 so your co-op partner can clear F2 without using an active.

Kreisler likes this.
  7. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Exactly. I actually posted about this build on this thread back in July. The key is making one LB stretch for those two floors.

David@PF, Kreisler and Ryeee like this.
  8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did a quick search, but I apologize if missed the answer to this question:

Is there an ALB build for Liberty Geist Legend+?

Looks like it may be possible, but would require special subs (e.g. Avalon Drake, Gonia, or Vaan/Sado for combo shield, amplifier for final floors, 25% or greater gravity, etc.).

I'd like to have a max-skilled Liberty Geist for my Fenrir team, but my Fenrir team is a side project and not a high priority. The more pressing matter is clearing Legend+ for the stone.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  9. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    I also have it, I'm just a lazy fellow.
    Nevertheless, if someone happens to bump into me on discord or arranges something here, I'm up for it.

10. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Farmable with ALB, though the inherits are incompatible with anything else, and thus a little annoying.

Top and bottom row maker (Vaan) turns a dios board into a guarenteed 7-8 combo board. Not sure if there are other equivalents. Edit: just small rolled kenshin collab and there's a double row maker there, so there are a few options if you missed Vaan in FF collab. Apparently this style of active is a thing.

I do know you can also just go ALB with nonDios subs and have a fair fight through the descend, though that is obviously a fair fight, and not farm safe. Was how I cleared it at first without knowing/bothering with the special cute lineup. It's not TOO hard per se, just the end is likely to pose a question of a half locked board vs a six combo threshold.

ALB^Maede / Dios / Dios / AvalonDrake.or.reasonable / Sasuke^Hathor.or.equiv
    ALB / Dios / Dios / Dios / VariousBaseCard^Vaan.top.and.bottom.rowmaker

Drake can be something else. Not a dios though. Whatever is decent to combo f3 with assurance, because you will be low health and need to sweep, against a combo threshold shield. Bicolor are standard, but other things (typical double changer like Artemis or etc) work fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0foHW4kIAA

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    David@PF and Tek7 like this.
  11. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I picked up a new Ra during the last GF. Who's the best sub to inherit him onto, for the most general flexibility on ALB/ZD teams?

I was planning to do Jize^Fafnir for Z8, but of course Fafnir's nuke is only going to work in specific low HP/DEF situations. So maybe it would be better to do Jize^Ra -- that's a straight-up improvement that would work well on Dark/Devil teams too.

Or is there a better place to put it?

12. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    You don't really use Jize on other non z8 alb farm, so far as I remember, so I'd use fafnir there and save/put the Ra elsewhere. I'm not too familiar with Jize on dark Devils though. My inexpert impression was that I'd usually just look first to awoken Luci for laser needs on dark Devils, vs Jize...

I feel like outside the z8 case, other alb often just prefers farmable super gunma when it really wants to exploit recurring actives use. (Illustratively, for dacho carry on mechaZeus, though that's a different animal. But a reasonable justification to spend a bit of excess stamina someday on the 50k gold cheap coin collab towards chipping away at super gunma evo/skillups.)

It's not mentioned much, but a mostly fair fight alb vs combo threshold mayhem that trolls out running dios can make a surprising lot of sustained mileage out of Jize or Super Gunma exploiting stalling with x4 rcv to reuse other active card slots an uncommon lot. I almost considered it for 297 solo Zeus, but ultimately Luci team of 4 godkiller cards was just better positioned. Merely so far as passing mention comment goes.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    dms1485 likes this.
  13. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    i won't SI ra onto anyone. he is too valuable to push button teams. he and his brother are key parts of my latent push button, super kings, and other things.

14. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well... I already had one max-skilled Awoken Ra, and two max-skilled Ra TAMADRAs, and other buttons like Sphinx and poison etc., and plenty of SDR latents... so I'm nicely covered for buttoning (including PreDRA Infestation).

And then the last GF gave me two more Ra, and Rodin. So with three Ra total, I think I'm OK inheriting one onto something.

15. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    well, you didn't say that. but i would still find something else. ra can wipe the whole floor in some dungeons.

16. puzzles

puzzles Active Member

for those dungeons requiring a top/bottom row changer- like Vaan-, will Vaan's skillup work or do i need to roll for him? thanks

17. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Unless you can throw the base card in (there are some that come to mind) you will need Vaan or similar to be able to inherit it. Won't exclude you from all dungeons as there are some where one brings a top row changer and the other a bottom row one and the skillup card would work there, but Vaan / Kaoru is absurdly good.

18. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Any way to farm Volsung? I want those Fire latent, but the resolve on boss is hard to bypass (need poison, i.e 12 active).

19. BillyBlanks

BillyBlanks Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  20. Zante

Zante Generally Indecisive

User ID:
    Are yoruichi/urahara useful in any way to alb teams?