Arena adventures with Aizen

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Noobzilla, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    A1 farming has been out for a long time. As a noob though I grudged entering that dungeon. 90% of my A1 attempts+clears all happened this past week after I got Aizen. I'm not a big fan of reading about dungeons so for the most part I've been winging it. I hated Arena, but with Aizen I'm actually enjoying running it now.

First team:

Switched out Esch for delay to deal with RES

I was originally using Yomidra since he's pretty much in all my dark teams. Replaced him with Esch since I haven't been using Yomidra skill and Aizen can bind clear anyway. I also noticed that my overall damage dropped by a good amount without Esch.Recently I have been pairing with Aizen with delay and found it to be really effective against Parvati. I haven't really been using Okuni except mostly for damage buff vs Kali. I died twice already from attempting to 1 shot Kali, but she ended up with a bit less than 10%. One time my Haku board didn't have enough dark orbs to get past that first turn shield.

I think Durga should fix both those problems

I'm still trying to finalize my Aizen team for A1 farming. Durga is not egged. How would you set yours up? Only Cecil has 5 dark resist latents (he supplies 20% of my dark resist) and I use +15% team hp. I have 10 dark resist latent and one +297 left. Choose wisely!

Other potential subs:
    (hyper) can Haku board + enhance
    (hyper) 2x Esch for faster farming?
    blue sub, dark skyfall
    shield can replace Cecil
    3 TPA, can fix Haku board

2. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm not Aizen user, but I think you should use Dmeta instead of Durga, then inherit AwokeOkuni on her. 20% Dark resist on Cecil is so good to pass away.

*A44 likes this.
  3. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Personally my team for A1 farming is Aizen(delay), Haku, Yomigon(Akechi), Halloween T&S(Satsuki), Z8(A.Kushi).

Delay is only there because of later arenas but it can work well for getting skills back up late in 1 if you were just blasting the early floors. HT&S is there for the dark resist awakenings and prong+OE's. Z8 is also there for prong+OE's plus I can just spam his main AS early and if the shield is up by Kali then I can't die first turn even if I flub.

Could be a bit faster I think but I'm trying to balance OE's+prongs for free trash clearing with orb changers for more or less the same purpose.

Made the team today and am something in the ballpark of 8/8 so far.

Vaedriel and Tarrusin like this.
  4. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Just realized you're D@PF. You're the Aizen friend with delay that I have been using :p How do you usually handle the Kalis? Haku + Akechi? I still get trouble with her either with bad board or barely short on killing her. My Haku currently does not have a board fixer :(

5. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Haha nice!:)

No I don't use Haku for Kali, even with a board fixer you can still get trolled so I don't trust her. I pretty much always have delay still up by f19 so I just stall back any skills there if I need to and use Haku to finish the floor(also if needed) then Akechi+Aizen or Aizen+Satsuki or Satsuki+Akechi for Kali or just one changer if that's all it takes for a double cross or double+3 when DKali(unless Akechi which nukes everything with just a double).
    If Beeze on 19 I just delay+haku and don't make any crosses, then finish him when the delay is close to running out.

Using the delay on 19 makes the run slower but also extremely safe.

6. aeroxx1905

aeroxx1905 The IT Guy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My favourite Setup for A1 farming with Aizen is:
    Aizen!Orochi | Escha | Escha | HW Iza!Susano | Awoken Haku!a.Haku
    Fast and easy runs.
    Using the 15% HP Badge 1 Dark Latent on the Team (Rainbow Resi on 1x Escha).

Tarrusin likes this.
  7. Piggysoup

Piggysoup Active Member

User ID:
    NA.304.448.241
    Pair with hades works too, no need packing shield or dark latent
    Mine :
    Aizen
    Z8 ^ sheen
    Dkali ^ a mei mei (stat stick)
    A Perse ^ satsuki
    Gremory ^ zuoh (stat stick)
    Friend : Revo Hades ^orochi
    Just becareful of zeus dios spawn, that is the real dangerous floor for me if i keep forget to heal when facing grisar

8. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My A1 farming team is Aizen/Esch/Esch (A. Loki)/Dmeta (indra) / DCecil / Aizen.

The only really sucky spawn is sopdet, as I'm a constant victim of dark Skyfall. I try to get Parv to about half with a dark blob, pop indra and then kill. The 15% hp badge allows for one flub.

Tarrusin likes this.
  9. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ^ This.

I used to run double escha, but sopdet is really shit. I found running as many blue sub-atts as possible really helps with the tricky shields. I've debated just totally swapping escha for awoken persephone to purposefully have less dark orb enhance since the mult is already so high.. but that would involve hypering a card I will never use otherwise... so I haven't tried it yet.

---

Complaints aside, arena with Aizen is really hype. I personally value the most of all my subs, because of the unbindable awakenings and skill boosts.

I tend to slap utility awakenings on Dmeta, most commonly I run Indra.. but have started to find that I prefer to have a long delay like orochi specifically for floors like sopdet / parvati.

I run:

Which suits my needs pretty well. As I mentioned above, standard Indra is inherited to my dmeta. I'm still working out the kinks, and run in COOP dc (no HP badge) so I run all dark resist latents on my subs.

Vaedriel and Gr33nDr4g0n like this.
  10. Noobzilla

User ID:
    I have equipped my Aizen with force just like @Gr33nDr4g0n, short of 1 skill up on the zeta-hydra. Finally maxed skilled my Aizen. I'm officially out of blue pis. Should be worth it since I can now farm for more pis!

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  11. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My A1 team is Aizen (Orochi)/Perseph/Bpanda (Ryune)/LOLmiel (Susano)/Yomigon (Indra). Most have dark latents already from Yomigon and Pandora days.

I use LOLmiel nuke on Predras and Fatty because I am a lazy shit. Indra is a backup in case I botch a cross on Kali. Otherwise, I pop it to tank DQ when doing DC runs. The team is calibrated to tank Parv and DQ with the HP badge.

Vaedriel likes this.
  12. chronos

chronos Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Triple this. I've been running Aizen (Delay) / DMeta (Orb Change) / DMeta (Shield) / Esch / Esch

Sopdet is almost a guaranteed fail. Took me a while to break myself of the habit of popping Esh on big fatty and then hitting Sopdet with a purple skyfall buff. Even with that I can only get passed it 1/4th the time.

I have to get a different sub so I get through this floor.

13. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm running Aizen (Orochi) / A.Perse / DMeta (Satsuki) / Z8 (Indra) and it's working really, really well. I die when I skyfall something just enough into a ragezone.

For Sopdet, I use blue TPAs to get him below 50% and then 3 darks to finish. This usually take 3 turns and I have some turns to spare so I clear some orbs and stall a touch. I think the trick is that any dark matches when he's above 50% are over the absorb, so it doesn't work--off color is the key.

Vaedriel likes this.
  14. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My current team is

Aizen (Blue Sonia), Z8 (A.Perse), Beach Pandora, A.Haku (A.Haku), Yomidra (Indra) and i pair with Aizens with delays in case of kagu.

pretty stable, only die because i skyfall on sopdet, or i skyfall shit into their rage hits. Someday i'll try a3 with this team lol (probably in coop)

15. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Protip: On the very first turn of Sop it's actually ok to match dark, even better if you also match water. The reason being that she will absorb the dark attacks from primary colors(keeping her at full) and then the friend Aizen will hit her with an unabsorbed water attack leading into all your sub atrib dark/water attacks which should also all go unabsorbed.
    I took her to just above 50% on a run earlier by doing this when I cleared a bunch of darks against her first turn just to get them out of the way. Was a complete accident but I'm going to do it on purpose from now on when the opportunity presents itself.

Edit: Tried a few more times in Sphinx descended and it's definitely not reliable. It can work to chip her first turn but it's easy to go over her absorb even just on sub attributes. Still not a bad option first turn if you have a few darks clogging the board but really only in that situation.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  16. Noobzilla

User ID:
    My A1 clear rate has been 5/6. A lot of the tips has helped. Only died from skyfall when I was intending to stall.

I kept Okuni instead of switching to Durga and has been fine with it. I no longer use Haku or Cecil vs Kali but instead have Esch and Aizen up. Depending on the board, I can either activate Aizen or Esch first. I have better control on the amount of dark orbs this way.

I also found out that I actually have enough hp and dark latents to tank Hera. Been using +2 sec badge for solo instead of +hp badge. I cleared A1 fine without the +2 sec so I'd say I can confidently do A1 dc now :D

Vaedriel likes this.
  17. Doc20

Doc20 Active Member

I just finished ulquIorra and put him on d/b okuni... Two eschmalli and his active is... Holy overkill. Two crosses and no other dark matches went for over 80m on each card

18. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    I highly doubt you'd ever need a burst on Aizen. Personally think having any lone burst without a bonus like okuni (delay) is a waste of a possible utility inherit slot

19. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's a 1 floor challenge dungeon coming eventually that's just Satan with like 300mil HP and supposedly he does some BS if you hit him below 50%.

That's the only thing I can think of where you would want a burst though.

20. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah ulquiorra or any other burst definitely feels like a waste of an inherit slot. more shields/delay/orb change would definitely be of more value imo.