Best team I can make for Sarasvati, Reincarnated Minerva, Anaphon?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by SuperArtFight, Jan 2, 2017.

1. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, it took eons, but my PADHerder is finally up to date!! The time it used to take to update it all is now the time it takes to update one color. T_T :dead:

With the cards I've accumulated and have been working to build up lately, I was wondering if these are the best teams I can make with these leaders? I'm especially looking at Sarasvati, Minerva, and Anaphon, because I think I have fairly complete set of subs for them? But if you see any better subs, or other complete or near complete teams that kick ass I'd love to hear about them! I don't think I can do anything with Ronove, yet... and I don't think I quite have the patience for skilling up a bunch of Diosii for Awoken Liu Bei yet, so that's on hold for the time being.

Thanks in advance for y'all's team-building wisdom! :shame:

2. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    i personally wouldn't run two board changers on sarasvati, a quick orb changer like nut or scheat would be my recommendation. the tpas also really help boost the damage without needing as many orbs as rows.

i'm slightly confused why you chose to evolve ilm to that evo. you won't even be getting boosted by minerva's leader skill with that one, you should switch it to the l/r version with the amazing leader skill. this would give you the option or running ilmxilm too. i also think three is too many board changers. maybe run cao cao instead of either saria or gadius. running both of those will mean you aren't skill bind resistant too, which is bad.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Seanna likes this.
  3. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    You just named three of my favorite leads (except that I have YY instead of Sarasvati), so this will get a tad long.

The problem with a board changer heavy team like yours is that 1) you can easily get trolled by board changers and 2) they tend to have high cds, which means they can leave you high and dry when you run out of actives in longer dungeons. A short cd like Nut's or Hatsume's, is likely to come back by the end of a dungeon if you use it in the first round. This also makes short cd cards like them popular for inheritance. Your strongest Sarasvati team is probably Sarasvati (Scheat inherit)/A. Hermes/ Y’shtola/flex/flex/Sarasvati. Since Hermes and Scheat are heart-breakers, I would lean toward something fast that doesn’t break hearts like Hatsume for the third sub slot. The last slot can be Nut, Alrescha, or an inherited Isis. Alrescha breaks hearts, but has a haste and is useful for dungeons with poison. Nut is just a super-fast orb changer (4 turns!) with nice awakenings and high hp so she's also a great choice. If you’re having difficulty healing, Sumire is a solid option because of her haste (although she doesn’t make many water orbs, which can be a problem for Sarasvati’s leader skill). The last option is an inherited Isis. Isis’s unbind can be improved by inheriting Snow White or Water dragon swordsman because both have actives that unbind. The latter will give you more water orbs, which can be useful for attacking, but he’ll also get rid of hearts. In contrast, snow white won’t contribute to your damage but she’ll provide you with hearts for healing and unbind you. The specific optimal set-up will vary by dungeon.

Your Anaphon team is close to as good as you’ll get with your particular box. I would consider replacing Lucifer with Satsuki. Satsuki doesn’t reduce your hp to 1, has a haste, is easier to skill up, also has 3 TPAs, and combos beautifully with Anaphon’s active (which tends to be a little troll-y when it comes to dark orbs otherwise). So your team would be Anaphon/Akechi/Akechi/Pandora/Satsuki (or Yomi)/Anapahon. On paper, your Anaphon team is fantastic. In practice, I’m guessing you’ll find her pretty difficult to play because of a lack of TEs. You can try her in Endless corridors if you want to experiment without running out of Stamina. If you’re finding that you are constantly running out of time before you have time to finish making a cross and some dark matches, drop Satsuki from your team and replace her with A. Yomi. This will give your team 3 more TEs. She’s off-type, but having all on-type monsters is over-rated if you can’t set up your board in time. You could inherit Satsuki on Yomi if you want, but that’s optional. The other nice thing about Yomi is that her active gives you an extra 5 seconds (this is the equivalent of 10 TEs) for 3 turns. The even better part is that she over-rides the enemy’s time debuffs. So if you’re dealing with one of those annoying enemies that takes away matching time, Yomi will eliminate the debuff and then give you the full 5 seconds for 3 turns. You could also toss Vritra on your team when you need an extra spike, but that’s usually excessive if you have Akechi.

I’m guessing your went with sub Ilm because she’s a good sub for Thoria and is a serviceable sub on Minerva’s team, but the truth is that Thoria is a little antiquated compared to some of your other options and that sub Ilm (despite the crazy awakenings) is mostly just optimally positioned for his own team (and maybe Xiu Min’s). You’re better off with lead Ilm because 1) you can lead with Ilm, 2) your Ilm can attack with fire on your Minerva team (keep in mind that a sub-attribute hits for 30% of a monster’s attack which is a lot, and 3) dragon killer is super useful against a lot of really annoying enemies including dkali, lifive, zaerog, etc. So I agree with @Moyuba. You can always change your Ilm later if some amazing sub ilm team emerges. Regardless of your lead, you’ll always want Ilm as either a lead or a sub, Tsubaki, and Saria (her awakenings and stats are just okay, but her active is too good to leave out). They will form the core of your team and leave you with 1 or 2 spots depending on whether you’re leading with Ilm or Minerva. You will want another heart-maker and you have a lot of light rows, so my recommendation is to run Wukong as your last sub: Minerva/Tsubaki/Wukong/Saria/Ilm (lead)/Ilm (lead). If you lead with Ilm instead, then you have several strong options for your remaining flex slot: Indra (preferable awoken for haste, TEs, TPAs), Leilan or Minerva are all great. If you’re not favoring a utility option (e.g. a shield), Leilan is a lot better than Gadius because she has a shorter cd and is a lot less likely to troll you. Minerva has better stats than Leilan and a shorter cd, so she’s good too. Alternatively, you can inherit Leilan on Minerva because Minerva’s cd is short anyway and all Ilm/Minerva variants love Leilan's active. Regardless of what you do, change Ilm to the lead version. Ilm/Ilm is just too good to pass up. You heal to full from 3 hearts whenever you make 4 combos and you will often hit for over 1 mil per sub with some pretty dinky combinations containing only matches of 3 orbs. On a stronger board you can break well over several million per sub. The recovery multiplier makes it really easily to stall with Ilm as long as enemy’s aren’t hitting for more than your max hp. Double Ilm is a little low on hp in single player, but you'll have plenty when you're in multiplayer.

Hope this helps!

Seanna likes this.
  4. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is there any reason you aren't running a Krishna team? You can field an excellent Krishna team with some flexible sub options.

We have pretty similar boxes. I'm seeing the same history of Verdandi and Thoria into Indian 2 lead + Anaphon, with a Ronove sitting around collecting dust. I procrastinated on re-evoing my Liu Bei and getting the Dios skilled up, but it turns out it's pretty painless these days. With the 4x skill up event I got one Dios skilled in one day of Dios coop farming, and a second done in one day of coop Beorc farming - no stone refreshes on stamina or anything. A good reason to get on that is MP farming for Yomi Dragon (and possibly Xin Hua - or you could farm this sub: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3251 and inherit, say, Panda onto her) for your Anaphon team. That also gives you some TE's.

5. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As far as running an Ilm or Minerva team, I think A Leilan, Gadius and Tsubaki have to be there because they make both colors you need. Ilm should be there if you lead minerva for the kill board.

Cao Cao isnt bad either, but he's sitautional imo.

6. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    i think running ilm, gadius, and leilan all on an ilm minerva team is not the best idea. that means four of the 6 people on your team are board changers. that is way too many. you already have tsubaki and two ilms for when you really, really need to ensure you have both colours.

i also don't like wukong as a minerva sub. it's fine to go light focused on an ilm x minerva team, but the light subs need to have a red sub type. there is a huge difference between hitting with x6 from minerva's leader skill than x2.

i'd probably go with something like minerva / tsubaki / cao cao (awoken preferably) / squal / ilm / ilm. you could inherit saria onto squal or minerva maybe. squal and cao are not ideal subs in the team and could be replaced if you pull another tsubaki or a yamato takeru or anteres, but i think they're better than running a load of board changers, or people who don't get the full benefit of your leader skill.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  7. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    If she uses that Minerva team, half her subs would get rid of hearts (both Ilms and Squall) and none of her subs would be heart-makers. Tsubaki can also get rid of hearts depending on how unlucky she gets. Getting heart-trolled is a real risk with any team regardless of how much hp or defense you're packing. And with these teams, Ilm is fragile and Minerva is conditionally fragile depend on the enemy's attribute. I see having at least one heart-maker as a necessity, and two is nice to have as a safety net. Saria and Wukong have amazing actives and both leads (Ilm and Minerva) attack with both fire and light. I don't like 4 orb board changers like Gadius because they can get a little troll-y. And a heart-maker can be inherited, but that would make the active less frequently available and increases cd, which can be a little risky as well.

8. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    There are basically two ways to play bicolor leads (e.g. Ilm, Minerva, Awoken Greek 2s):
    1) Mono-color/heavily leaning toward one color: Your cards favor one main attribute over the other and most of your actives favor that color as well. You'll have one or two subs that can make both, but your general strategy will be to attack heavily with the color you can make and then to use small matches with the other to trigger the leader skill. This is how people play leads like Sun Quan/Hermes and how @Moyuba is suggesting you play Ilm/Minerva.
    2) A mixed team that favors both colors. This kind of team will lose out on a bit of bursting potential, but you'll be activating your leader skill more frequently and with less effort.
    With two Ilms, option 2 is preferable because Ilm's attack multiplier is ridiculously high. With Minerva/Ilm, I still favor that option because you're still working with a 60X attack multiplier (which is solid) and the team would still favor light because you're bringing Minerva and an Ilm as a sub and your friend is bringing Ilm. This means you're building around 1 fire card and two light cards. So assuming mixed leads, a light favoring team is fine and your awesome light heart-makers further favor that direction. If you build a dual Minerva resist team, then I'm all for favoring fire, although going in without a single heart-maker is still not a good idea with Minerva's lacking an RCV multiplier and heart-trolling being a thing.

9. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    i agree that a heart maker would make the team better, and i agree that a light focused team or a mixed focused team would be fine, but i don't think it's worth having even a single card on the team which is only going to get a x2 multiplier from minerva rather than x6.

personally i don't like having lots of board changers on my teams, but if you don't mind it and feel like you really need the heart generation you could put saria in for squall. yamato takeru is of course the ideal card for this spot.

10. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had evolved my Ilm in the L-only direction with only my Thoria team in mind at the time – but I can definitely look into a strategic swap over to R/L!

I'll also keep an eye out for Yamato in future rolls and run some tests with the sub suggestions provided here – thanks very much to you all!

No reason at all – the only reason I hadn't brought it up is because Krishna was one of my most recent rolls and I hadn't done any particular research into him at all yet! What sub pool would you suggest, may I ask? Is my understanding correct that he essentially plays like Sarasvati?

Lucifer was definitely the sub I was questioning! Satsuki is another brand new roll for me, so I'll work on building her up and testing her out to see if I struggle with the time limit.

Thanks again!

Faust likes this.
  11. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, follow up question for this statement. I currently use Isis on my Ra team, with Muse inherit. But now that Reincarnated Ra covers the green spot, should I be looking into a different blue or L/B for that team? That might free up this Isis so I can consider what might be best to inherit on her for other teams?

12. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    If you don't need a water/wood sub on that team anymore, then definitely. Isis is great for as an unbindable bind clearer on a variety of water teams. A light monster would potentially be helpful for increasing your damage output, but keep in mind that unbindability will be important if the monster is responsible for color coverage (no attack in a color means that a match doesn't count toward a rainbow multiplier).

13. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The damage multiplier activation for the leader skill is much like Sarasvati (from what I understand), but Krishna gives a passive HP and RCV multiplier at the expense of some burst damage - this also makes Krishna a more reliable team in general. Imagine if you could cross the strengths of your Thoria team with the strengths of your Sarasvati team. That's Krishna. The numbers are (iirc) that Sarasvasti forms a 1/100/1 glass cannon team. Krishna forms a 2.25/45/2.25 tank team. Both allow for some control over tiers of damage multiplier activated depending on how many primary element combos you form.

Krishna subs are pretty flexible - any primary fire attribute subs that can generate fire orbs are going to be potentially welcome. If that sub can also create or at least not break hearts (for healing), that's probably a plus in most instances (Yamato, Sanada and Uriel all do this - and of those, you have Uriel who has great board change synergy with Gadius). You can build the team's offensive awakenings to focus on rows, prongs, OE's or some hybrid combo of any of the above. Bind clearing is sub-optimal for fire in general, but you have one of the solutions in Gadius (and/or the possibility of an Isis inherit on an unbindable such as Minerva). In addition to Uriel and Gadius: Leilan, Cao Cao, Minerva and Chiyome all make excellent to very good subs for a Krishna team and some combo should give you 100% SBR in addition to other benefits. If you ever roll a Sanada and/or Yamato somewhere down the line you can rotate them in - but with what you have right now, you could pound much of the game's content into smithereens (possibly all - a Krishna lead is apparently capable of clearing all the content in the game - at least with sufficient skill and the right set ups).

14. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    For Krishna you could go uriel / gadius / awoken cao / tsubaki. Gadius/uriel aren't ideal as Gadius' board change is so unreliable on it's own, but uriel is the best way to fix his board.

If you roll Yamato you could replace them with Yamato/awoken leilan. Then you would just need a bind clear inherit on cao cao.

15. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I run three board changers playing Ilm, and it sometimes works out to 4 with whatever my friends inherit on Minerva, In Gadius, REvo Shiva inheriting Saria, and Ilm. while Antares and Tsubaki are more frequently used, having only two orb changers really isnt a huge deal so far...orb troll happens, but this team can stall pretty easily so the actives arent always necessary. while i happen to run so many board changers out of necessity (My other orb changers either dont have good awakenings or take away light), i dont think taking one off would help me much. i like having burst boards when i need them.

OP has A Sakuya. Obvious choice here. Unbindable with both a passive AND an active bind clear, Mains light, and has a prong.

personally, i think running mono red is the way to go. easier to build with minerva in mind, and just way more options thant L/R attribute monsters, where you have like, Ars Nova, Saria, L Gadius. Mono light really only works if you play Ilm x Ilm.

16. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    If she's going to build monsters for a single team, then I agree-fire is the way to go. But, the mixed team is preferable for dual Ilms because of his ridiculously strong multiplier and Saria and Wukong's actives are better than any of her fire subs except Tsubaki, so they're worth developing as well. As for Sakuya on Revo Ra, I agree :)

17. PadPyro28

PadPyro28 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So lets say I don't have Ilm but I do have a best friend with Ilm and one with Minerva. My subs are limited when comparing them with the recently mentioned teams. I don't have Tsubaki, Ilm, Yamato Takeru, Antares, Leilan, or Cao Cao. But I do have 3 minervas, Raoh, Datalion, Gadius, and Saria, plus Isis for inherit (if i even need too). I was thinking my team could maybe look something like this Revo Minerva, Revo Minerva, Revo Minerva, Ult Gadius, Ult Raoh, Revo Minerva.

Overview of the team awokens and perks: 5 out of 6 are unbindable, that leaves Raoh only. 100% Skill Lock Resist. 75% DMG Reduction for F, L, D + an additional 20% for Fire DMG Reduction from the Minervas. 160% Jammer block. 8 fire row enhances, 2 dark row enhances. 100% chance for fire OE. 5 Skill boosts (while that may be low, 4 out of 6 max skilled only take 5 turns to be up right away). 1 extra second of orb movement. Heart row bind removal on an unbindable Gadius. 1 Devil Killer.

Max HP: 29,081
    Fire Attack: 14,735
    Light Attack: 4,037
    Dark Attack: 873
    Max Rcv: 4,610

Actives: 4x 50% shield reduction and changes dark orbs to fire 5CD. Full board change to fire, light, dark, and hearts plus haste of one turn. Poison, Jammers, Hearts change to fire orbs plus one turn haste.

I was thinking of SI Saria on one of the Minervas and maybe SI a low cooldown heart generator on another, and maybe a bind removal of some sort.

Anyone think this could work for some harder content such as Arena? I haven't tried anything of that caliber yet because I seem to lack the subs to form a good team. I have the leaders but not the subs. Also would it just be better to remove a Minerva or two and sub in Dantalion and Saria??

Any input is appreciated!

18. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    that could definitely work for Arena, but you're gonna need that Saria inherit for sure to burst Kali. i still think pairing with an Ilm lead (if you have A Sakuya, inherit that onto your Lead minerva) is your best bet. having Sakuya on one Minervo, Saria on another, and leaving the otherone bare for quick orb changung would work. Raoh is basically Antares for these purposes. never seen a team with that many minervas, but then again, i dont have any minervas. Not having to worry about binds in nice.

but if you inherit a gravity like A Sakuya onto a Minerva, i see no reason why, outside of Parv, that pairing with either ilm OR minerva shouldnt be 100% consistent in A1. it doesnt have to be A Sakuya either, any 15% grav or greater should ensure you hit the safe zone. A Sakuya is just the convenient with the bind clear.

Faust likes this.
  19. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    That's an unusual combination, so I've never tried a similar team and I'm betting most people here haven't. I can make a few suggestions though. I would definitely put Saria's board on the team and I would consider leaving her uninherited because it makes her board change, along with it's haste, much more frequently available. While her awakenings and stats aren't great, I'd argue that Saria's active alone earns her a place on the team, especially since you don't have many options for making light orbs otherwise. Gadius does have a similar active, but 4 orb board changers can be pretty troll-y. Bind's aren't actually that big of a deal in the arena and you have some tankiness from Minerva's resists and Ilm's rcv multiplier, so I wouldn't place that much emphasis on unbindability. Having too many Minerva's also limits the specific orbs you can change since there is obviously a lot of overlap in with your actives. I wouldn't go in with no way to clear binds since Ilm is bindable, so I guess Gadius earns his place on the team too. This would give you 3 board changers with light and fire, but board changers are also a little slow so I would probably put Dantalion and Minerva in the last two spots since they're fast and Dantalion packs a haste. You'll want to be really careful with Dantalion's active because he can troll you pretty badly by taking away up to 6 light orbs (although this is exceedingly unlikely). So only use him when you have a ton of light orbs and a back up active in case all hell breaks loose when you use his active. Personally, I would try the team out with Awoken Minerva to make sure you like it before committing to putting a ton of exp into a second Revo Minerva. You can go to Ultimate Endless Corridors if you don't want to burn stamina in the arena before your team is ready. I can't see your box, but the other thing your team might want is an enhancing active (jewel princess, awoken Freyr, etc.) got LKali. DKali is pretty easy with the attribute advantage (light vs dark) and Ilm's dragon killer awakening, but you have neither advantage against light Kali. Since you have multiple Minerva's and her cd is short, you can bring the damage buff on Minerva (assuming you have one). Otherwise, you might want to see if your friend can bring one or bring a gravity like @xer 21 suggested.

20. PadPyro28

PadPyro28 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry for the box issue, just made my padherder yesterday haha. I do have Carat which enhances for skill boosts on the team but unfortunately I don't have any other Jewel Princesses. The closest thing I have to a Kali is a Fat Chocobo :/. I do have quite a few gravity's on hand I.e Hathor and a few others like the Red Wisdom King. I figured Raoh would be good because he changes poison, jammers, and hearts into red but now that I think about it, heart removal isn't always the best, especially for a first timer. I tried to keep it as mono-red as possible given that Minerva's LS boosts red att, but I see now that it just wont be possible. I'm guessing it doesn't make that much of a difference with Ilm as a second lead instead of another Minerva? I'm definitely going to try this set up.

Thanks for the advice!