Challenge Dungeons 40 results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by xer 21, May 15, 2017.

1. tanpopo

tanpopo please don't eat me

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cecil has 15% dark resist, and each Diao Chan 10%. Probably stacked some dark resist latents on there too.

choowy likes this.
  2. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Most of the leads I like can hit 20 mil easily and I don't need 60K hp if I can't heal when needed. Her recovery only works if you have attack orbs, which gets messed up by the evocation skyfalls from the Grimoires. I like to one-shot things when I want.

I suppose I just don't like the tanky / moderate damage playstyle and I have some buyer's remorse on DAthena. She's only good because R Haku is great. I'm probably in the minority in that perspective.

3. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

I just used D.Athena for C9 & C10.
    Hakus can one shot everything on C9. The boss was mostly trying to stay alive and wait for a board with 8+ combo.

C10 i didn't even remember what happened. I just went in blind with my default team using D.Athena, 3 Haku, 1 Indra. I used Indra for damage reduction and just killed him. Indra is pretty sweet for D.Athena since he gives 2x skill lock resist.

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If you play your damage right, you avoid the skyfalls. If your goal is to 1 shot everything, you probably chose the wrong team for C9. That doesn't make the team bad, just the wrong choice for the dungeon.

This is not true. I mentioned it in other posts when people were talking about buying her. She was a top tier lead well before R. Haku was ever even announced. R. Haku just makes her that much better. Same as the addition of dragon killer latents to the team. They aren't necessary, they just make her that much better. Problem with things like adding double dragon killers to everyone is they only make her better at the one thing she already excels at which is A3 solo farming. Her tanky / moderate damage is in a sweet spot for the Arenas. Enough damage and HP when and where you need it. She's still perfectly fine for other things, but you can't just throw her in every dungeon and expect a cake walk. There's often going to be better options like you found out for C9.

5. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    @xer 21 When does the Sharon's Gravity happen? It's unclear in padx. Thanks!

I agree with you to some extent. DAthena is good without Haku, but Haku brings her to a new level. Same with Kush. Haku brings her to a new level as well. Without Haku I would rank them slightly below Ra Dragon. With Haku they are both better than Ra Dragon imo.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Its the third or 4th turn. You can avoid it i think by hittingbher under 50 percent where shebdoes her self heal/poison attack too, but if you plan on stalling the absorb for convenience/skills, you either need blue latents or a shield. I shielded after the second turn.

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  7. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I used DAthena (Haku/Lumiel/Yomi/Loki) for C9 this morning. It didn't go quite as planned, but it worked out in the end. I brought Lumiel for Leeza. I got lucky and had Haku bound by Laila, so I couldn't use her as a poison clear (she has Anaphon inherited and turned out I needed the hearts later on). I ended up having to use Lumiel to clear the poison-filled board there, and I was able to stall Lumiel back up pretty easily.

I stalled so much in this thing that my Force inherit was up before Titania's floor.

8. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Her first gravity is 99% on her second turn, then 100% on her fourth turn (this happens if you keep her HP more than 50%).

You can avoid her gravity by hitting her below 50% HP. I knew this accidentally. I used DAthena. One each of 3 dark and water orbs bring her to under 50%. She'll keep healing for three times, then on her fourth turn she will spawns mortal poison orbs, disable awoken skill on fifth turn then on her sixth turn onward she will hit for 40k+ continuously.

PDF3 and CloudnineXXX like this.
  9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the confirmation. I knew it was the third or 4th but couldnt remember. good to know for the future.

Yeah, we were stalling to avoid the poison shit.

10. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    The last fight was pretty nerve wracking with less time and jammer/bombs all over the place but with a 7x6 board skyfalls are bound to bring him below 50% eventually haha.
    [​IMG]

I got the idea to use Volsung from Hotoka's video on reddit. Volsung and Isis had a DKali inherit.

tanpopo and sgt502 like this.
  11. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Poor Khepri. Why you not evolved.

12. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    Did C8 and 9 with R.Kushi fun times with Acala and stuff I have a crapton of fingers and feels like I'm actually good at the game lmao. Sharon is still a fucking bitch though.

Tried C10 with R.Leilan it was easy up until the last floor (well Sadalmelik is quite a pain to deal with too) which is filled with cancer lock, resolve and shits. I brought an unprepared team for that, I could probably work something gravities something around but really right now I just don't have the willpower to bother with this game's antic. It feels more and more like a paywall than anything else.

13. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

C10 has so many annoying mechanics, so I just beat it in co-op shamelessly.

C10.jpg

14. Memememememe

Memememememe hi

Really easy this time around. Can't remember the last time I finished 8, 9, and 10 on a Monday. Will finish the rest as stamina permits later this week.

I did mess up on floor 10's boss and ended up taking probably 20 turns because I messed up the kill shot and healed him under a combo shield.

15. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Fuck Ninegarudu. Lost twice with Summer Myr and just again with Meri. I don't know how you guys are killing him with all the bullshit mechanics. Got him under 50%, but all the goddamned bombs and jammers burn out my hearts before the 9 turn combo absorb ends. Maybe I should have tried a board change into Meri and went for the 9+ combos. Too late now.

I can't pack enough niche solutions into my team for all this dungeon's antics and none of my combo teams are great for the floors leading into the boss.

How did I beat this guy in the tech dungeon? Argh.

16. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Levels C1-C7 were brainless, I used Meri for all of them.
    C8 I made a rainbow DAthena team, cleared it on first try.

C9. :banghead: I tried with both Meri and DAthena like 4-5 times and keep dying a slow death on the 8C shield (even with +2 combo I keep f***ing it up). I'm tired and very frustrated right now and need to walk away. I will try again tomorrow night once I've calmed down.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Snarf and sgt502 like this.
  17. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    It took me 6 tries to do C9 and I ended up 1-stoning it because I am SICK AND TIRED OF SHARON. Was doing it solo too since not having a laptop means I can't seek help unless I can swipe my fiance's laptop

--

Did C1 - C8 with various permutations of DAthena
    1-stoned C9 with Revo Kush. Took way too many tries...here's why I had to stone.
    After blood sweat and tears I finally made it to Titania. Twice I couldn't match 8 combos because Kushinadahime wasn't up yet to guarantee me that 8th match after making 7 combos. No hearts dropped. Ever. Throughout the whole dungeon that run I would be lucky to see ANY hearts drop anywhere. Was just awful.

So of course, I died to heart troll RNG on Titania. I am utterly fed up with Sharon and didn't want to deal with her ever again so I ate the stone and then Kushinadahime was finally up, but by then Haku was also up and I matched 8 combos on her board anyways. Ffffs

Also I can see why multiple Hakus are better. It wasn't uncommon for the Valks to deal some damage to Sharon, but Haku totally overshoots 500,000. Whoops. I hate Sharon

Have I mentioned that I hate Sharon yet?

Team was Kush / Haku / Diaochan / BValk / RValk. Diaochan was what allowed me to make some critical matches, just pop her active every other turn to guarantee I can match 7+ combos because I am a scrub at this game.

*sigh*

Vaedriel, Gig, sgt502 and 1 other person like this.
  18. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It took me five tries with DAthena. Two deaths on Sharon, once on one of grimoire girl, once I quit when I blew up my Blonia board and messed up my combo and don't want to stall for another shot at Blonia's board.

They put Sharon there just to annoy the hell out of us.

Vaedriel and foxwaffles like this.
  19. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    You don't have to make a healer team for theses dungeons. Even without the x1.5 the dammage is way overkill already for theses challenges. It's better to try and fit fingers into the mix so you can have that 8 combo average without active going.
    And with all the board trolls nowadays having a rainbow team makes it harder to get everyone hitting each turn.

foxwaffles likes this.
  20. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah tell me about it, took 4 turns before I had a good board to use guard break on Leeza and not deal with her BS >_>;