Challenge Dungeons 40 results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by xer 21, May 15, 2017.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I pulled him last GF. Just evo'd him. Need to max him out and give him a spin.

Snarf likes this.
  2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I'm understanding PADX correctly, she reduces your movement time by half, so it's to cancel it. Not that it mattered anyway, I never made it that far.

3. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    She actually doubles your movement time.

PADX says "Pre-emptive Strike. Reduces time limit of orb movement to 200 % for 20 turns.." which is worded awkwardly.

Vaedriel likes this.
  4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Indeed, they used "reduce" instead of "increase".

5. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah. No argument about that wording. She has the same skill set as her own dungeon.

6. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    He's a lot of fun.

Vaedriel likes this.
  7. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did two runs last night on C9, one with Sarasvati and one with DAthena with RHades on the team. Made it to Sharon on both and got heart trolled and died. My head wasn't in the game, I know that is why I f'd up. Having Hades x2 plus Kuramitsuha was awesome, every blind was blocked since I had 100% BB.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Probably a very common build, but RMinerva makes level 10 a cakewalk.

Team: RMinerva (Gadius), Elgenubi (Elgenubi), Napoleon, ACao (ACao), Sakuya, RMinerva (Orochi)

Strategy: Stall forever on floors 1 and 2. ACao on Puppet takes it down most of the way (Light absorb) and then a red combo to kill. Elgenubi on 4 and kill. Orochi on 5 and whittle down (3 light, 3 red, and a few combos does the perfect amount of damage). You can stall on 6 for a bit and you get one free turn under 50% but you should kill relatively quickly--she turns jammers into fire so that helps. Floor 7 I used Napoleon on turn 1 to shield and then whittle down to about 60%. You will block all the bombs and 1/4 all the damage so stalling is easy. Then around 60% pop Sakuya to get below 50% and pop all other skills that are up and kill.

18575068_10158791021440360_404298601_o.png

ambiguous57 and Vaedriel like this.
  9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared all 10 with Julie, 10 was easy with her, Nordis did the trick on the boss, except I combo'd a little TOO lightly first turn so my partner had to do something similar on his turn, gravity, skuld, kill and done with this set. No SS :(

10. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Finished
    C1-C6 Whatever
    C7: New Metatron
    C8: Fenrir
    C9: Bastet
    C10: Viz

11. Aldri

Aldri Active Member

I beat 10 with DAthena only because I got 4 skyfalls on top of my 6 combo and two of them were two-prongs. Whatever, I'll take it.

Vaedriel and PandaHair like this.
  12. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Im going to try having some tries at C10 with a friend with an odd pairing.

Sakuya x Navi.

Not sure what subs he has for utility, but I figure, we can kill Verche and Hera no real issue.

If I bring BKali, Sherias Roots!Apollo, Revo Horus!Fenrir, Red Sakuya, I can use Fenrir and Apollo to overwrite the skyfalls, Horus will be up later to overwrite the time debuff, and if we can hit NineGaruda down to 77% or less on the first turn, i can double grav nine Garuda past his resolve. partner kanna spike, and kill.

Just gotta stall out Puppeteer, and bring a shield. if he has that, it should work.

I think it can do it. Wish me luck.

13. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was helping a friend with C9, and I accidentally stoned after he died :(

i officially hate this challenge set.

on the plus side, after a couple fails with Sakuya x Navi (we tried that because he has fairly limited leads but he has a LOT of L Kali board changes, and the idea was that the 7x6 board would make Titania trivial) because holy mother of fuck light resists, we switched to a pairing of my Revo Shiva with his awoken Ares. had to shuffle inherits a bit after one fail (sharon's awakening bind caught my partner by surprise and he failed to kill sharon) but we got it.

That was a really fun team building exercise. I inherited Verdandi on my Shiva, and ran Gadius^ Gadius (for the devil killer on the grimoires and emergency healing), Revo Horus^Susano (for Sharon's 100% gravity), Urd^Grodin (For Sharon's awakening bind) and Dragon Killer Tsubaki^Roots (To laser Leeza).

Run was mostly smooth, until Titania. I used verdandi, and then I SHOULD have used ares to fix the board, but i was dumb, and didnt and 7 comboed it like a noob.

we stalled a few turns, his Verdandi came up, and he was supposed to use verdandi and acala to kill. he forgot to use Acala, and it was perfect, because hios finger slipped and he three comboed.

we ended up stalling until there was only three turns left on her time extension, hoping for a good board, but couldnt get any 8 combo boards until the last one, and i was able to brute force a 9 combo board with three red combos for the kill. super fun run!

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  14. recife

recife Well-Known Member

"Last minute" strategy so it may not help anyone but...
    After 3 failed tries with Xiu Min/Tifa and not enough courage to try RaDra, i decided to put the thinkbox to work a bit and came up with the following coop setup:

P1: MZeus/RApollo/Ilm/Orpharion^Valkitty/RVenus^DAthena
    P2: MZeus/RApollo/Tifa^Momiji/Fenrir Viz^RAmaterasu/Venus^SQ

Now, the setup is a lot more flexible than it looks, a few explanations:
    P1 Apollo was used on F1 so that it would be up again for boss > just use any quick orb changer; Ilm/Orpharion/Venus were used because of the general package (rows, SB, low CD) > Ilm is easily replaceable by any other board changer, Pollux is a good one for this dungeon, for example.
    P2: really wonky but mostly same justification, the overall package worked well. Tifa can be replaced by a full board changer (F4 makes too many poisons) and Apollo by any orb changer. Amaterasu or any healer is important for F4 as well, she wasn't placed directly on the team because of the low lv (also we didn't really check Viz's skills and thought he would be able to remove Ur's jammer skyfall...).

2 delays are important, we just used the 2 best we had available... Some might notice DAthena and ask why i didn't just use her: because my partner didn't have her is why.
    Valkitty was very important to remove orb lock on boss floor (i just found out today this effect was added to her AS!) Any equal active or board refresher works.
    Here is how it went:

F1: Apollo, kill.
    F2: Apollo, kill.
    F3: stall 5 turns (MZeus has a lot of RCV), after absorb is gone use a delay and heal to full, kill.
    F4: Amaterasu, board changer, kill.
    F5: delay, kill (test your damage on endless, in my case, no more than 1 TPA or a 3-orb and few combos).
    F7: Valkitty, MZeus, MZeus, Apollo (resolve gone, lots of light orbs), easy kill with 2 TPAs + a few combos.

I'm pretty sure the dungeon is doable in a similar manner using MAthena or MHera, it just needs some adjusting. Take care not to take any machine killers or dragon killers, they could screw up your F5!!!

15. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    took C10 with a Shiva x Awoken Ares pairing.

stoned twice. once because my partner flubbed and i was like, wahtever, i'll get the stone back, second time because we got to ninegaruda, and i forogt you couldnt cascade bombs and that was my fault. but the concept worked so thats what mattered most to me.

I took Shiva^Sakuya, Coloring book sakuya, L/R Tsubaki^ Silk, Urd^Susano, Revo Horus^Fenrir. he had Ares^Verdandi, Verdandi, Revo Shiva^Verdandi, Antares^Sun Quan and Acala.

run was mostly smooth. took a couple of turns to kill Verche, i wiped out the skyfall buff with fenrir, partner killed hera ur, i ALMOST killed Puppeteer on the natural board, left her with literally like one health because she shielded and then my partner killed off of a one combo. only thing that sucked is we need verdandi twice on the first two turns of the run on verche because "heart skyfalls" gave us...2 total hearts off of two turns of board clearing. this means we had no board changes left

then the run got weird. floor 4 took away our greens and heals, so i had my partner use antares to clear the poisons, and we stalled a few getting skills back before we kille don a natural board. but it also means we had no baord changes til his third verdandi came up.

so we ended up stoning there because again, no hearts and my partner forgot to heal on a stall turn, but i was like, meh, whatever. sadalmelik was surprisingly smooth. we killed him in 4 turns, the shiva areas combo had just about perfect damage for him.

nine garuda, partner passed, i shielded with susano, and tried to hit him but the natural board sucked. my partner didnt clear enough locked orbs and we got stuck with two bombs which hurt bad, and then i flubbed next turn because i was a dumbass who forgot you couldnt cascade bomb matches.

so i stoned on that because i deserved to lose a stone for being that stupid.

but im mostly posting this just to be happy that at least conceptually my plan worked. minus two moments of pure stupidity, we would have zero stoned this. so i ended up hitting ninegaruda down to like 65% on a natural board, he used verdandi and zero comboed, and i used two sakuya gravities, Silk inherit and murdered Ninegaruda.

what's the point of this? the point is, it is so goddamn annoying how hard it is to get people to think outside of shiny new meta leads in coop for anything that might require a LITTLE bit of team building. i tried for a whole week and no one wanted to take shots at C10 with the numerous Ilm, Shiva, Sakuya, Apollo and more builds where i literally brought every single utility needed to work the plan, had every floor mapped out for people, and no one wanted to do anything but D Athena. I theorycrafted builds to counter every mechanic in the dungeon and at most, all i needed was the partner to bring a delay.

and no one bit. hell, ilm is still somewhat meta, but if you werent running Ra Dra, D Athena or Kushi, you werent getting a partner.

and that sucks. i took an admittedly below average dude averaging like 4 combos on a shiva team through C10, and the only times we died were because of straight mental errors that were easily preventable. and i cant get people to think outside the top three leads in coop when there's clearly WAY more solutions to the dungeons than "DATH".

people need to have some guts and stop chasing the meta and realize that for shorter dungeons like these, there's SO many viable solutions that dont revolve around having the ultra top tier leads. is the Shiva Ares pairing anyone's ideal? no. but it took every single think this dungeon threw at it and handled it well. and i wish people would have more fun with this game instead of trying to do the same shit as everyone else.

This happened for C8 and c9 too. it took forever to find partners. and while i did clear those pretty easily when i found a minerva partner, halfway through the week, i helped the guy i ran c10 with clear them with his jank box and guess what, same thing, we came up with builds to counter all the shit mechanics in them with weird pairings. we did C8 with Sakuya x Navi. thats not a very strong pairing, but it blasted through that dungeon even with my partner averaging like 5-6 combos on the 7x6 board. and yet it took me 4 days to find a partner to clear it with ilm or Shiva or Tsubaki, or ACC, or whatever.

that's my rant for the day. just would be nice to see more variety from the players.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  16. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok fuck everything. I just found out that the first hit on nine garuda is only 53K. not only did i not need a shield, I could have just fucking soloed this whole thing with my standard Ilm x Minerva build and now im really fucking pissed. i spent 7 days bending over backwards to build out ridiculous shit to try to entice people to run other leads besides DATH and i didnt even need to coop with people in the first place. only reason i cooped was because i thought i couldnt survive the first hit without the extra HP.

FUCK PADX AND PADGUIDE TODAY. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

17. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't know. My first hit from Ninegaruda was for ~30k - with an Indra shield - which means it was 120k without it. I think it all depends what ends up being his first hit.

18. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    These random ass dungeon mechanics are stupid as hell.

19. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    I still don't quite understand what's going on when I'm up against Laila.

xer 21 and PDF3 like this.
  20. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

Haha, me too. I just hit her really hard into 1 HP and let her do whatever the hell she does.