Coming back after 9 months off... what team to build?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by scrubbo, May 19, 2017.

1. scrubbo

scrubbo Managing Events since 2016 Event Manager

User ID:
    So... none of my current leads seem to be used beyond Myr and B Myr.
    Orchid is gone off my FL...
    Plum as well....
    Shivagon appears to be withered....
    SS Isis (will always be a fave of mine) has.... little or no users.
    Sephiroth non-existent....

What's a returning player to do?
    I have a 990k MP, and I also have Kushi hanging out. (She wasn't even awoken when I left!)

Any other options for somebody who hasn't gotten any new cards in 9 months? I have almost every non-collab card from before Halloween, so I can likely cobble a usable team, just need to head towards a usable leader.

2. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Give Athena a long look. Don't know if you have the Hakus, Loki or Durga to make that work but she is the new hotness in the MP store I am sure you have seen pop up on your friends list.

And welcome back.

3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    WB, Shiva Dragon has an ultimate and it's great, just a bit of work to do.
    If you have a good light team, L Meta just got her split ultimate and is pretty powerful.

Otherwise if you have multiple Haku's DAthena or Revo Kush are your best bets.

And you weren't "gone" for 9 months as I would have long deleted you from my list, yet there you still exist. Maybe just logging in for bonuses?

4. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Dark Athena is pretty broken. Super easy to use, not very hard to activate, delay for active which is always a +. Downside is 750k MP.

5. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have a couple Hakus and a Loki, you can make THE DAth team atm. You said you have Kush too, so you could run a couple Hakus and a BValk for her. Those are pretty much the current top teams.

6. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Truly about half my friends list did change to dark Athena. Giving testament to her worth and popularity. There are other things still hanging around I find such as Krishna and Yomigon. Meri is in the heroine R.E.M. Which is Currently going And is still fast strong and popular. Anubis is also seeing a rise in popularity again. Lmeta and Dmeta also just got split ultimates that are worth checking out as well.

7. David@PF

David@PF Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Available Upon Request
    I BF'ed you for your Scholarship Isis back in the day and am glad to say I still have it up for you. Although you've been gone (I could tell since you stayed at rank 666 for a while), I'm glad you logged in everyday so I could use your lead :D

8. scrubbo

User ID:
    Yah, I was logging in and playing at least whatever dungeon was on tap for free stones. Not much else. :) I have a bunch if hakus, a loki, and a durga. Need to figure out how much evoing I need to do.

Something like this? I assume all reincarnated forms, right?

That gets me full sb, but no bind protection.....

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Arranging and David@PF like this.
  9. Memememememe

Memememememe hi

My preferred build is to inherit a bind clear on my dathena and an orochi on my friend leader. I usually keep Uruka on my dathena for the pal points, but I switch that when I'm running actual content and put her on one of my Haku's.

Sephiroth was my primary leader since the first FF collab. Feels bad to stop using him, but no one uses him anymore and hes a useless sub except for specific dungeons.

10. scrubbo

User ID:
    Seph is such a hard but fun lead. I don't find him up very often. I had orchid and ss isis in my first two slots and would grab seph for any no healing dungeon or 7x6 dungeons just for the fun. With orchid pretty much done, I could move seph to my number 1 slot and keep dathena as my active team, I guess.

11. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Your team looks great. You just want a delay like an Orochi or Zeta Hydra or a gemstone like carat or facet inherited on DAthena. One Haku at least wants a shield inherited and another with lumiel. A better damage enhance can go on the Loki. Friending a Fujin Athena will make things too easy like this.

Since the leaders are bindproof, also provide HP and RCV bonuses, as well as being super powerful, and covering both colors necessary to activate - she doesn't need a bind clearer since you can stall it out easily or just keep killing with just the leads. She also has a delay in case you need it to help unbind.

12. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Seph will make a comeback or riot

Memememememe likes this.
  13. scrubbo

User ID:
    I hope so! SS Isis is supposedly getting a buff, too! Or did that happen already? I have not been paying attention.