Current Cross Meta has finally drained me

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Freddy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not really sure why anyone cares about what is "meta". Play the best stuff or most fun stuff you have.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    ko300zx, AMDZen and »Çhâsé«@PG like this.
  2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Possibly... just waiting for the Viz buff
    [​IMG]

Potatö@pg likes this.
  3. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I'm going to play the crap out of Fenrir.

4. Zuko-tan

Zuko-tan Gimme Krishna, RNGesus.

My three Fenrir's say yes.

xer 21 likes this.
  5. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Fenrir triplets and Jörm twins second that motion. Of course Fenrir #3 is going to be a pseudo SDR for his eldest brother.

6. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i really do not like running myr and i really hate it when people insist on using her when i want to use aizen/yomidra instead

7. jq1790

jq1790 Awoken Karin Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    People make this out to be harder than it is. Forget what the top end is doing, focus on figuring out how to make what you LIKE playing do the stuff you want to play.

"But why play X when [heartcross/other meta-compliant lead] does it faster/better/easier/more consistently?" is such a tired refrain unless you're farming, and then you've gotta just have the mindset to be playing a lot of whatever for a while because that's the very nature of farming things. The answer is, was, and will always be because "a victory with something OP or who gives an "easy win" will never feel as exciting or entertaining as one with something with a higher degree of risk."

Arranging likes this.
  8. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

Edgy motivational speech once again misses the entire point.
    People like to..... drum roll....... WIN!!!

Winning is extremely meta dependent. Right now a lot of monsters hit for 40k for no reason. So you need to either get a team that has like 60k HP or make sure you can one shot whatever you see. Or pack lots of shields.

9. jq1790

jq1790 Awoken Karin Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can win with non meta stuff. It's just harder. I believe I already said this? That's why meta stuff becomes the meta, because it's the easiest and/or most consistent win, not because it's the ONLY one. Also failing to see how my statement is edgy for just stating the truth of the matter. With enough skill and/or creativity(more like both) many more things can do the same stuff. Not everything of course, far from it, but this game is hardly one where you MUST use the meta teams to have a chance.

With the help of inherits it becomes even more feasible for offmeta teams to pull off impressive things.

10. ssj2jeff

ssj2jeff Active Member

I find ronoves playstyle pretty fun. I feel like with Myr you can get away with doing crappy combos and still make it through most of the content because 75% shield is so strong. There's no risk when u play myr

11. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I kinda like heart crosses. I was really intrigued when Sumire/Kaede were first revealed because there had been nothing like them before. Right now despite the power of Radra, Gremerry is still my fastest and most reliable arena farmer. Sopdet and Kagu are both pretty easy spawns. Even Parvati is not bad with a delay inherit you can just kill with rows.
    Honestly the hardest spawns for that team are Defoud and Beelze just because I only have one board change and then I don't have it for Kali and combo shields can be tricky and defoud has a timer which is kinda stressful. Haven't died yet but they just make the run a little less smooth.
    Ronove is still fun as hell to play too. Crosses make you think more carefully about your combo and make you actually puzzle. Kinda bummed I didn't get Rei Myr because I wanted to pair with Uruka but oh well.
    Funny people are complaining about Myr but not Aizen. They are both cross leads that trivialized a shit ton of content.

ssj2jeff likes this.
  12. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it's mostly because Myr is 100% farmable and anyone can get her whereas Aizen was a collab so Myr is definitely much more prominent.

I never used Myr even though I have all of her optimal subs. It's too bad Kaede Another is going to be a thing so...

13. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Truth be told, I haven't even *made* myr yet because I turned into a filthy casual when she came out lol. Despite that, RNG has graced me with 2 apoc's, L. Akenchi, and a bunch of other myr-estique subs. I'll get to it eventually. By that time, + heart leads will probably be out of favor :v

14. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Myr is boring and slow, at least Aizen has high firepower and is not required to do 9-11 orbs (heart cross and light tpa/row) every turn to blow up a floor

15. ta11geese3

ta11geese3 azure rathalos

It's kind of sad since when sumire and kaede were first released they were underpowered but neat cards. Their LS had two totally different matching styles for whether you wanted to go on the offensive or defensive, which was new and far more engaging and dynamic than static defensive multipliers. Then shields eventually got buffed to start carrying over for preemptives, which was a good change and made them a lot more viable.

Then they got their ultis which attached attack multipliers to their shields and that gave us the mess we all love/hate now.

Out of the cross leads I think y'shtola has the most interesting one. You can't activate her full multiplier if you make a cross since it's a heart orb short, and the shield also doesn't provide an attack multiplier. So in her case you actually do choose between offense and defense, rather than the cross always being best. Not that anyone would want to play her seeing that her multiplier is terrible...

Kali kaworu is an example of the offense/defense LS done in a boring manner, as it's basically attack modifier heart cross all over again (but more orb troll prone). NY yomi is a better example as the offense isn't necessarily stuck with the defense.

16. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

with inherits and static hp/rcv multipliers cross lead don't really feel that op as before

at any case who cares about the meta, play the things u want to play

aFireBlaze and RageSedai like this.
  17. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The new meta is super high damage and/or crazy tank/recovery abilities WITHOUT ACTIVES. That's what you're missing between Myr and RaD. RaD can, with decent RNG, flat out combo down HephD in A3 without actives. Myr can't even get close.

18. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Well, because they are polar opposites. Myr is a 75% shield and a single damage multiplier. Aka, a boring ass tank with little flexibility. Aizen is a new age glass cannon that is actually fun to play. Huge top end damage, yet great control at the low end with a high base multiplier and the ability to utilize multiple crosses. Aizen trivializes content because he can obliterate just about anything in any dungeon with just 10 orbs. Myr does it by tanking everything. They aren't even the slightest bit comparable. The only thing they have in common is that you make crosses on the board, but those crosses do nothing similar.

19. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The hidden A3 meta not many people discuss is Meri coop speed farming. Stupidly easy and fast.

ssj2jeff and ainvar like this.
  20. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't co-op except MP farming on commute.

CloudStrife likes this.