DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    You're more likely to impulse buy radra if you already have his mats and whoooa shit he's in the MP shop RIGHT NOW as he got his super OP ult whooooaaa lad

But hey you're being an unreasonable asshat right now, you just keep doing you

2. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

tbh, people are more likely to actually go get his ult-mats if they have him, while not having him is probably going to make [regular] people diddle about until it's too late, and then exclaim "Ah fak, i didn't know this mp purchase needed that thing i should have gotten last week!:skull::skull::skull:", because not everyone stalks this game like they should if they're going to be invested in their stuff.:awakening12::awakening19:

.... though that's just the opinion of someone who won't ever buy radra, or bother going through the trouble of farming up a zeus dragon for quite some time because i'm super lazy and don't like that lead type anyway. :misc2::misc2::misc13::misc8::misc7::misc17:

Edit: [regular]

らぶたん likes this.
  3. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I expect our releases to be delayed when compared to Japan. Part of Gung ho NA's problem is expectations. They let us form our own and then when they are crushed we are often kind of angry about it. If they gave us an outlook of 30 days or 45 days or whatever and said hey look we have maintenance planned for these days (subject to change) and we plan on releasing these evolutions (subject to change) and we will do our best to get them to you on time but no promises (subject to change) and we are telling you this stuff because you're valued customers and so you can collect your materials and get prepped, there would be fewer problems. Would they get rage when something happens and we get a delay? Sure but at least it would feel a bit more like they were trying to be fair with the community instead of just covering up disorganization by saying, "We know you guys love surprises!"

I know that the Gung ho NA operation is a pretty small one and they don't have teams of people or anything but a little more communication and obvious attempts at organization would go a long way.

4. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I 100% completely agree with this.

Sadly GH NA can't even announce GF's at the same rate as GH EU... So it's definitely a tempering of expectations.

RajaNagaSoz and CloudStrife like this.
  5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No you aren't, out of all the MP purchases, Ra Drag is the least impulsive. Can the players also roll a card with a D Kali skill the same day too? Because someone that is going to impulsively buy Ra Drag also has the ultimate forms of machine Zeus, Zera, DL and LL Zeus just laying around right? Do you even read what you post before hitting the reply button? To further show how stupid this line of reasoning is, first the one shot challenge has been out, people have completed it. Two it's THEIR MP shop, they can add and drop offerings at their whim, not in rotation, who cares just add him along side whatever is. Third if we continue don't this dumb ass logic of everyone has access to mats (which ignores the fact everyone HAS had access for a long time to them in A3) AND will impulsively buy Ra Dragon, we are looking strictly of a sub set of players that are Fire starters, are stupid enough to just buy Ra Dragon cuz they got one of the materials to super ultimate him and have 300kmp lying around. Which do you think is more, that tiny subset of players or all the other ones that had done all the leg work preparing for his release?

You have text book Stockholm syndrome. I get it, we are behind JP, I don't agree with the HUGE delay but accept it. What I don't accept is when they inconsistently release content that is irrational. Instead of just releasing it with the other stuff announced at the same time they piece meal in a fashion that serves to only aggravate their player base, there is no other explaination. They control the MP shop and what's in it, it's not like congress is holding votes on what can be put in the MP shop and when.

kaylathehedgehog and nickjr like this.
  6. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If anything, I would think that making RaDra's uvo available in NA earlier (e.g. same time as Revo Ra, a week later, etc) would make more players inclined to impulsively buy RaDra as soon as they get the evo mats for him and as soon as he shows up in the MP shop. Or something like that.

Well, maybe just fire players, but still. (unless the fire/water/wood divide is as bad as the Mystic/Lazer/Phoenix divide--or whatever those team names are in Pokemon Go)

Fire player: "OSC gives me ZeusDra this time. I'm gonna get him RIGHT NOW so I can get uvo RaDra as soon as he comes back in the MP shop, because I saw a bunch of my friends using him and he's cool!"

vs

Fire player: "OSC gives me ZeusDra this time. PITA. I'll get him later when I'm stronger."

7. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    I understand that you're full of angst about the subject but take a step back and stop being such an entitled whiny baby.
    There's an incredibly basic reason why they're waiting for this "specific subset of people who picked the red starter and are going to buy radra despite probably not having dkali", which I happen to belong to - it's because you're not the fucking center of the universe.
    It's only been about 2 months since Radra so even if we get him right now it would be EARLY for the standard rate content streams into NA. If I were gungho I wouldn't mind waiting till all the starter groups had access to a way to get Zeusdra before releasing the suvo to keep things "fair".
    Also, A3 is the opposite of accessible. You can stone as much as you want to get zeusdra out of Oneshot.

But sure imagine this ludicrous strawman about Stockholm syndrome rather than be a rational adult about the subject. They're definitely going to specifically insert Radra out of the rotation just for a sweet summer child like you.

graps and RageSedai like this.
  8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I think the main reason people are upset is because he was released at the same time as Revo Ra/Hades/Venus etc. in jp and we got all those 3 weeks ago so it seems like they are just making us wait to be theatrical? Or for the planets to align?

nickjr likes this.
  9. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Theatricality would seem to go with their typical pattern but we don't even have a stream announced.

nickjr, RajaNagaSoz and Zaku like this.
  10. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And even if we did have a stream the chat would be full of pissed off players raging that we were made to wait for the evo while on stream they'd be like, "We are so glad to see how excited you all are for this release. It's great to have such an active community!"

BonerChamp69 and nickjr like this.
  11. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree with @CloudStrife that the NA team is just bad at communications. If they're aiming for theatricality, they are not succeeding.

nickjr and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  12. Marr

Marr Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hahaha, reading this it's... it's Nintendo all over again, hahahaha.

13. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Preach

RajaNagaSoz and CloudStrife like this.
  14. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Exactly @Zaku must get his time from a sun dial if this is the logic he uses on how GH NA releases stuff.

15. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow there's so much fail in this and your posting in general. Lets break it down.

But apparently you are because you fall into a group of people that I've already outlined that I'd be willing to bet is less than 100 people in NA.

How does allowing people who already gathered said materials alter YOUR game play? Are such a fragile snowflake that if GH released content in the same schedule and quantity as they do on JP for evolutions somehow you'd be miffed because you weren't ready? Tell me how this makes me a child again?

A3 isn't accessible? Because it's there and it's been out awhile, is it anyone else's fault YOU can't or anyone else can't clear it? But you just keep name calling and trying to act like an adult all while using warped logic around to make it so when Ra Drag arrives it will be because YOU are ready and not in the same stream/release content it should have been with the other Revo's it was announced and released in. Because you don't seem to get it, the issue is the evolution in question was announced and released at the same time of content we already received, so by your logic they should roll those revo's back until everything is ready.

Right so I can get a dupe or what? I asked to buy him where again? Here's a hint, I already have him.

16. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Play nice boys and gals. It's just a game.
    I understand the passion, however, since we have all exhausted some investments into the game but let us not lose perspective.
    Do not worry. Kerokeroplessie buff will come soon enough.

samuelburtt, Haku-ku-ku and nickjr like this.
  17. Chenzi

Chenzi Well-Known Member

All I know is I could use some some shiny new RaDra booty in my life. I've kinda put things in PAD on hold until he shows up. :p

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  18. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Are we forgetting about greens best delay option? Double donging, orb enhancing, kagu-slaying, pussy-wreckin My Melody & Brachys. I'm gonna clear arena with that battle-hardened maverick and come home and fuck all the white women.

19. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

I have been using ForestBahn as SI onto MAthena. Works just as well. But I do like Melody, and have one on my alt.

20. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I will say that I 100% agree with you on these things. I have long since wished people would know when to rant and when not to but alas it will never happen.