DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Right that's what I was referring to. The other guy seemed a little lackluster in response to that whereas I think it's a positive change instead of new pantheons almost always being immediately inferior to existing, old pantheons.

2. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

yea but look how Oichi only has healer type in her base form and would be great for Kushi but her awoken form loses that typing as well as changing her AS slightly. the 3k2 UVOs aren't horrible and they retained their typings and actives.
    it's true though that power creep makes the usual evo cycles outdated but I feel like they could just fix that by updating the power levels and just buff normal UVOs to be actually useful.

recife and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  3. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I do agree that Uvos should probably just be buffed in general and available upon the release of a new pantheon. The complaints you mentioned about Awoken forms have always been around though. I think it's just more obvious this time around because it's available right out of the gate whereas, in the typical Awoken schedule, it's months after the fact and we're just so excited to see a crap card made viable again that we don't mind the typings getting screwed up.

RajaNagaSoz and らぶたん like this.
  4. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    instead of going the alt-evo route to make a sub/leader what they should do is make it an alternate playstyle, since they're gonna fiddle with the awakenings anyway, might as well do that. Switch a row into a tpa unit, or change it from shield-utility into damage-dealing.

a rebalancing of, for example, [​IMG] & [​IMG]

[​IMG] :awakening11::awakening10::awakening1::awakening28:[Multi]:awakening16:
    [​IMG]:awakening11::awakening10::awakening4::awakening28:[Godkill]:awakening16:

Same AS, same LS but /D is 0.5x higher for 1 combo higher on start and end.

Instead of leaving them so similar, one row or one tpa isn't going to do anything these days, plus everything is getting 7-8 awakenings right off the bat, something like this might be better

[​IMG]:awakening11::awakening10::awakening10::awakening28:[Multi]:awakening27::awakening27:[7c]
    [​IMG]:awakening11::awakening3::awakening10::awakening28:[Godkill]:awakening4::awakening4::awakening16:

just flat boost G/L's LS to a viable level, change up G/D's leave the combo part, and add an additional something with dark, probably 1-2 combos so as not to make the res of her LS annoying (like trying to shoehorn crosses in, ugh)

Actually, what i'd like to see, is the idea of color-shielding, but probably not on Bastet. it might best operated on a color lead, whom may or may not deserve getting a 7x6 board on top of it.

TBH, i would like to see this idea put on the eventual Awoken [​IMG]. Give her 7x6 board, can't match only 3 orbs, 1.5 all stats for light, 5x atk for matching all 6 orb types, and matching a cross of any attribute gives a 50% shield for that attribute.

If necessary put "no skyfall" on it too, since it actually seems to be more helpful than not.

I feel that's an appropriate difficulty for utility/output combination, with a significant detriment to make up for the wide coverage.

2.25 / 56.25 / 2.25, might not be the best atk boost, but i'm sure the team could hold a few [7c] or [---killer] subs just absolutely RIPE for destruction.

Course, i'm sure it's either too OP or too inferior and i have no idea what i'm talking about, but i enjoy coming up with these things. /shrug

nickjr and RageSedai like this.
  5. SNSD

SNSD Well-Known Member

User ID:
    ..For someone who values the MP so much he never bought a single monster. Should I buy DAthena if I have her ideal subs...?

6. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

7. SNSD

SNSD Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Like I also have 3 Dkalis and a Kanna but I havn't bought Ra dra yet cause I cant evo him.

I have not bought Yomidra either despite having almost every single good dark card.

D.Athena really worth the MP? I wish I can just pay $40 and get her from that magazine lol

8. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

Is there any dungeon that vexes you? DAthena can clear it! Since your main leads include Sakuya, I'm assuming you have no problems doing 7-combos consistently. In that case, a DAthena team is really powerful with a couple of Revo Haku subs. And even if power-creep overtakes her one day, she'll still be a fantastic sub (unlike, say, Xiang Mei, whom I wasted 600k MP on :( ).

Also, if you haven't bought any MP monster yet, aren't your MP nearing the limit? Especially with those 390K free MP recently gifted.

9. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

inb4 DAthena is the first big card to get nerfed, and it's shortly after NA gets her.

10. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Wellllllll... There was a news release a little while back that all non-seasonal MP cards, including D.Athena, will become obtainable in other ways, either in a dungeon or in a/the REM. So, waiting or the content delay from JP to NA may prove beneficial. The theory is that the 3P lovecraft gods were a way to test out dungeons for MP monsters down the line, there's also talk that these MP card dungeons would cost stones to enter. Nothing confirmed yet, but JP outrage was high at the time of the announcement, so who knows.

On the subject of not being able to Evo RaDra, do you just need ZeusDra? Because normal RaDra is A3 capable, and that failing, you can co-op (or solo, but co-op makes life easier thanks to extra HP) Zeus Dra descended, and stone as necessary. Not pressuring you to buy RaDra, just reminding that there's more than one way to get a ZeusDra nowadays.

If it's any consolation, the new Nine Dragon caller girl gives me hope for XM's eventual Uvo. (50% shield for 3 heart combos. 2.5x for a red cross too, but that's not likely to carry over to XM.)

11. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah thank god there was an outrage. That idea is like pushing the concept of REM to its most cynical extreme. You're throwing stones at a machine except you're not even sure to get something now (ie : if you fail), after all theses stone could have been a chrono turtle so it's the same right ?

12. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

A 50% shield will make Orchid super-tough. Also need moar red healer options, especially TPA ones.

13. SNSD

SNSD Well-Known Member

User ID:
    i have not even beaten A1.. only tried once and failed tbh.

So in other words, you think D.athena is worth it? I have 3 Hakus, Loki, Durgas, etc Just no Sima Yi. For Radra I'm missing a blue sub which i suppose D.Athena can be.

Last but not least I think I can afford D.Athena, RaDra AND Yomidra. I'm just not sure if I should go through with it.

It would be great for my JP account to get the free normal dungeon back so I can spam legendary earth for EXP...

TLDR; Get all 3?

14. SNSD

SNSD Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I play on the JP side, I left a lot of my MP unopened. like 400k ish.

I have 900k saved up aside from the box. I'm thinkin of buying D.Athena and Yomi dra first. I'm quite satisfied with my Revo Sakuya paired with RaDra

15. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

There's no need for Yomidra if you are getting DAthena. She can do everything it does and more. If you really need to buy a MP dragon, then get Radra. You can easily get Zeusdra for its uevo from the 3-floor guerilla dungeon with a DAthena team.

SNSD likes this.
  16. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Mannnn the more I think about it the more I'm excited for RGB Awoken Heroes and possibly A.Belial/R.Shiva teams. Cannnnnt wait.

Only thing better would be getting Kenshiro collab and getting lucky rolling that Light 6*

17. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

Apparently the Voltron hype is too much for this thread to handle

samuelburtt and nickjr like this.
  18. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Ehhh aren't there only two cards that are merely OK, nothing to get super excited about, and one is 6*.

19. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Honestly anything worth discussing instantly gets a thread in the Discussion Subforums nowadays.

20. Rekrul

Rekrul Active Member

If only people complaining about cards not arriving yet took it to the rants forum instead of here.