"dkali" inherit question

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by taengoo, Mar 17, 2017.

1. taengoo

taengoo Member

PADherder:
    link
    Optimizing RaDra team for clearing A3 (quotes because Kaoru technically isn't DKali) -

Current lineup is:
    RaDra (+Lightning) / LKali / Kanna (+Orochi) / Kaoru / A.Isis (+Orochi)

Notes:
    LKali - will replace with DKali eventually. Need red coverage. x25 w/ TPAs still kill most things anyway.
    Kanna - Orochi inherit because I use Kanna for Myr too. Don't have a gemstone to inherit either, nor can I think of something useful to override Kanna/Orochi's active.

Besides Ichigo (which I don't have) or inheriting dupe DKali's onto DKalis/Kaoru, what are some other options for inherits on "DKali"? Do people emphasize using dark inherits for the stat boosts? I guess DKali herself won't be dishing out much damage, but Kaoru with 2 TPAs does quite a bit of work. (My inherit problem is more because of the seemingly restricted pool of dark inherits to choose from).

On a side note, I've seen a lot of videos with people using killer-latents. What are the popular killers to use and on which subs? For now most of my subs are just resist/attack latents, with a few SDRs here and there - I do have 2 6th slot Tamas lying around that I don't know what to do with.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can't comment on the killer latents, but that's probably more for speeding things up and it's not necessary.

Regarding assists, I only have 1 DKali, and my Roots is on her, Lighting is assisting my R.Ra.

Looking at your herder, I'd say your team would be better served with Ganesha instead of Kaoru on your team, shield, enhance and he has prongs. Then maybe instead of LKali (since her base active isn't great) try another revo type card, either Orochi himself or maybe Susano.

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Do you already have a Dkali? Because you should get lkali out of there as soon as possible. If you don't have a gemstone, muse or unawoken yomi/Venus have decent burst actives.
    Also you should put an Indra shield somewhere. Ichigo is great for Dkali and I like to put him on Isis too sometimes. I think stats boosts are a little overrated unless you spedcifically need to meet an hp threshold.

Ideally you'll want someone with a uruka inherit if possible because it pretty much makes heradra an autowin and helps a lot with Vishnu/sopdet too if they are about to kill you.
    You can put lightning on kaworu.

The optimal blueprint is you want 3 board changes with one being lightning/Roots, orochi, unawoken Indra, and a gemstone burst.

So try to get as close to that as possible?

chiubag likes this.
  4. taengoo

taengoo Member

PADherder:
    link
    @BonerChamp69 @lluvatar

I feel like both of you missed the question: what do people usually put on DKali (ignoring the common Ichigo/dupe DKali) while keeping the stat boost benefit from using a dark inherit?

I already know the other "problems" (if you want to call it that) - there's been enough discussion around about the optimal lineups/abilities for RaDra teams.

Also, Padherder is terribly out of date, as you might've noticed from not having Kaoru listed - too lazy to update by hand (iirc iOS doesn't have an auto-updater).

5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I stated what I put on mine. I thought it was pretty obvious. DKali is your board changer, you don't put another skill on her unless it's the same board change (all orbs plus hearts), stat boost be damned.

King Spin likes this.
  6. taengoo

taengoo Member

PADherder:
    link
    Sorry, I guess I misunderstood then. I had a feeling this would be the case. I unfortunately cannot roll a DKali for my life (hopefully this weekend will change things). My collab luck has been much better (Lightning inherit, Kaoru) but that's another story.

I guess I'll stick some long CD statsticks (AALuci) for some HephDra protection if the only serious/good inherit options are "DKali"-esque inherits.

7. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just be really careful you don't end up getting stuck with a useless active on your board change.

King Spin likes this.
  8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Ok I was unclear it sounded like you had a Dkali. Ideally you'll want something unbindable to cover red. You could use Revo Kirin or ariel. Only thing is Ariel leaves you with 80%sbr. You could try Ariel, Isis, kawaru, Ganesha? I know no kanna seems like blasphemy but I think this team will have more overall damage with a light prong be fully unbindable and all colors and slrs are covered. Without a real Dkali I would highly recommend putting Lightning/Ichigo on your Isis. I know sometimes it seems like you don't need board changes that often but when it gets down to the harder parts you are gonna want them and want them now. Or Isis, Kaworu, Kirin, kanna? Put the delay on Kirin maybe then you can use the graviity later on? You usually only use the delay once anyways. If you have a dupe Isis and she goes BR on Revo you could run double isis?
    Without Dkali you are gonna have to make some compromises somewhere so be open minded. Radra is much more flexible then people think nowadays but there is still a basic formula you want to follow. If you haven't revod your Ra yet he covers red? But I'd rather use Kirin because she has a dong and some utility awakenings.

9. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  10. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I follow what you say, though 22 turn cool down Luci as an inherit isn't exactly burning up the charts coming up too fast, and is long enough it's possible to both not yet be quite up and also have enough turns to eat a -15 hepdra radar preemptive, though setting that range up is a bit annoying safety fallback plan vs tackling hephDra with other primary approaches.

Arranging likes this.