Does the new SI system drastically lower the value of dupes?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by xer 21, Jan 8, 2017.

1. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So the new SI system that will eventually come to us removes the need for tans, full leveling and lowers the coin cost.

so i'm wondering...is there even any reason to keep dupes of niche inherits like Thanatos, or Sylph or such? I understand keeping dupes of high value inherits like Orochi, Zuoh, Urd, Saria, etc... but for niche inherits like the single color damage absorbs or Sticker girls or ghetto SDR inherits...why not just move them around as needed? you dont even need a dupe if you want use it as an actual team member. I mean, even the stat boost is not a big deal, because most of the inherits in question have suck stats OR are being inherited on other colors.

Hell, does this trivialize SDR latents to a degree? like, why not just most a couple long cool down inherits around? SDR latents arent needed for everything. why not just ghetto SDR as needed?

Am I alone in thinking this? Seems like this really trivivalizes a lot of inherits.

Seanna likes this.
  2. HellWaltZ

HellWaltZ Active Member

User ID:
    メガネ: 227,196,931
    IMO The change makes it more viable to keep dupes. You never know when you need said skill and you can also use it as a Delay buffer.

SDR is still useful but no more the whole 5/6 SDR for dungeons. When the new Latents come in the Killers tend to take priority.

I still see a lot of subs running 1-2 SDR on top of SI.

Arranging and wangatang0830 like this.
  3. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    why though? they just made it WAY easier to swap inherits, and cheaper too. what's the point of dupes?

4. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    What is this change you speak of?

5. HellWaltZ

HellWaltZ Active Member

User ID:
    Unless you only have 1/2 units you would swap a lot more. With this its makes use of dupes to be Delay fodder. Also you have to remember the Assist adds Stats to the Base as long as the Assist Unit share main Attribute. This buffs up HP/RCV to some teams that make them more stable.

As of the latest update Skill Inheritance became Assist. The primary difference is

a. No need for Tans to SI/Assist.
    b. Cost is lowered to 1Mill prior to 2Mill
    c. Assist Units add Stats to the Base unit as long as Main Att matches.

6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I say no, as you are overlooking that this is going to be heavily counterbalanced by inherits imparting stat gains, which means world + dog on 10-12 teams now all have a demand for inherits...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    wangatang0830 likes this.
  7. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite. The new SI system drastically increase the demand of dupes, especially those with long cd. Currently I find myself inheriting a lot of useless AS for the sake of stat bonus. And for such reason I would never sell dupes like Shiva, Lakshmi, Indra or even the late bloomer dragons in the future.

SDR is still very relevant. Ghetto SDR only protect the original AS, but if you don't want your inherited skill to get delayed SDR is the only way to go.

PDF3 likes this.
  8. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i guess. i was specifically thinking about niche actives that commonly get inherited irrespective of color like the elementals and orb refreshes and certain spikes like the slime knights. especially since those actives are usually a short enough cooldown to become a problem. i fully understand why dupes of late bloomers and long CD actives and same type inherits matter. this is more geared to the other cards.

9. HellWaltZ

HellWaltZ Active Member

User ID:
    Dragon Knights are pretty versatile as an Assist. With so many Bind Clear Awakenings on random Subs it saves a sub spot of need Bind clear.

Slime Knights are decent Amps if you running Type teams and they also do Pierce now which can help some random areas IE Tan/Predra/Killer Tama(A3)

Elemental Null is a nice Long CD (Baring you didn't max skill) to use as fodder.

Of course most silvers are still sold for MP. Majority of dupes are Gold (Not Gold Trolls IE Silver Evos)

Unless you have a huge issue with Box space then keeping 2-3 of a unit is always a good idea. If you REALLY have no need they just become MP fodder in the near future.

10. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My point isnt that the inherits arent worth it. Just questioning the utility of dupes for things like the elementals and the slime Knights since theyre not type restricted and they have noche uses that wont always be useful.

11. HellWaltZ

HellWaltZ Active Member

User ID:

In that sense as i said keep 1-2. Unless box space an issue then yea sell them.

12. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

I mean they are farmable monsters, they should be weaker alternatives, but not everyone has all the right cards. I'm really excited for it, I think honestly Dkali got a buff from this since the new Radra +Dkalix2 is going to be a thing now, when you have options of things like Ichigo, you're going to be seeing some beneficial increases

13. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Under the new system, it'll be ideal to have your entire party to have a skill inherited from a same-color card. Obviously utility trumps this (if you need orochi inherit, DO IT, even on non-blue cards), but it's silly to pass up on free stats.

Literal dupes are more valuable than ever, since every card can self inherit and never have to worry about an inferior active (read: elementals :p) overwriting their own. Late bloomers are also kind of amazing.

Elementals are... better than nothing. They're decent inherit stat sticks; with their long ass cooldown its rare you'll accidentally lapse into their active, which will be an issue for some of the lower CD cards that would've been MP fodder. Even late bloomers are welcome under this new paradigm.

So there's a bit of a totem pole. Your best cards all get inherits. If there's still cards that you're not using as either direct use or inherit, then those become MP fodder. I suspect my Fruit dragons still won't see use, between crappy stats, medoicre active/CD, and heavy tama investment

wangatang0830 likes this.
  14. Growlanser

Growlanser :)

User ID:
    329 563 227
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi All,

If I understand the original question correctly - and maybe I'm not, haha):
    - The topic creator isn't asking about primary/main card SI usage.
    - The question is about what to do with niche card SI usage and the best way to manage them with various teams.
    Ex: You might need one Dark Elemental absorb from Thanatos. You might have three copies of it.
    Do you keep and raise all three so you can assign them out on different teams and keep them there, or just keep reassigning that one Thanatos around if/when needed?

I think that if I had multiple dupes of the same niche card around (like say Thanatos) I might only keep one-two around for assignment and sell the rest for MP. I'd just swap it into a team if I really needed it, otherwise leave it unassigned.
    I'm weird though, I don't like assigning Skill Inherits unless I'm either using a dupe (so it's the same active) or a bigger-effect (so it's an improvement over the original active) or a specific purpose - I wouldn't SI just for stats.

xer 21 likes this.
  15. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ahhh.

Yeah, without tans and the lower price tag, niche actives will be reduced to a single user and swapped around repeatedly in a lego-like manner, personally.

16. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thats exactly what i was trying to say.

17. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Can someone explain how stat boost works? Is it calculated off the donating card stats? Do pluses count?

18. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, but plusses don't count.

19. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What's the calculation? And so I assume it helps that the card is max leveled?

20. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's 10% of their HP, 5% of their ATK, and 15% of their RCV. And, yeah, obviously level 99 stats because that's the only way to donate the active in the first place.

Nets out to about +2000 HP and +400 RCV if done team-wide, stats pending of course.

Haku-ku-ku likes this.