1. Do you play all the newest mobile games? Want to get those games for FREE?

AppInvasion.com is looking for passionate mobile gamers to be their moderators. PM NeoCHI for more details.

[Dungeon] Hera Descended - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by puzzle_pal, Feb 13, 2013.

1. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

I've spent the last couple of days planning out how to beat her with my resolve team. I've got most of the kinks worked out, so feel free to take a look at my most recent strategy guide and the other guides. I've temporarily stickied all of these threads in the Tips&Tricks forum for easy access:

High level thread that has all the basic strats: Contains all the basic builds.
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=842

Damage Resist strategy: Ama+Odin or CDD+Odin: Cheapest build because you only need a CDD.
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=950

My Resolve strategy: Has details on how to approach every fight. It's tuned so that you have to do as little matching as possible.
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=2128

Wiki: All the stats you need to know about the Hera dungeon. Google translate is your friend.
    http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/%E3%83%98%E...D%E8%87%A8

---

My review of the various strategies:

Valkryie/Viper: More risky during Hera fight, but will clear 1-4 very easily. It is a skill based build because no gems = death on Hera. I'm pretty sure you don't have to care about permutations of monsters or whatever with this team... you just beat them all to death. This is the build I recommend if you want to match gems and blow stuff away. You will need a high leveled team to beat this quickly though; if they are too weak, you may just die to demons (50k hp, 2.2k armor).

Viper/Amaterasu: Most risky upfront on stage 1. Rest will be easy. The last fight will be fast and skillless because you are blind matching. The permutations of the monsters matter, and your team is basically garbage that can't do anything else besides follow the preprogrammed schedule. It's a gimped team that is designed to win with the least effort, so if something unexpected happens (although I try to account for everything in my guide), you will lose stones or be forced to restart. I recommend this build if you are a mathematician and want to guarantee victory through preplanning.

Odin/Amaterasu + 16.5k hp: Well, this is easy mode. Depending on the rest of your team, this fight will either be short or take forever. IMO this is the optimal build because there is no risk. I recommend this build if you have Odin or Amaterasu.

Odin/2Siren/CDD + 8.5k hp: The cheapest build (since you just need a CDD). This is the longest fight, but if you have enough level ups, you can theoretically survive any combination of waves. However, Your lack of damage will make every wave take a very long time to clear (unless you bring a Hera/Hades/Neptune). You have low hp for the first couple of waves, and have to heal constantly during Hera. Let's hope you have enough heal orbs. I don't really recommend this build unless you have 2 near max skilled sirens. But if it's all you got, just go for it!

2. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

RE: Oh snap, HERA DUNGEON actually popping on Valentines!

I did it last time with only a single max skilled Siren. It's harder and requires more planning, but definitely not impossible.

Between Orochi, Echidna, and Siren, I find that I generally have enough panic buttons to heal back whatever Hera can throw out.

3. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

Wow, I forgot I have a valk. Screw resolve, I'll just run my all level 1 tier 3 healer team...

---

Seems like I actually have an advantage with only 4000ish hp on my crappy healers; with the 2000 rcv, I dont even need to combo to max heal.

---

My team:

Orochi
    Siren sk level 4
    Siren sk level 1
    Echidna sk level 3
    Shiva
    Ally: best Valk I can find

I'm tossing aside Lilith; her dps is too low and having Shiva means that I autowin stages 2-4.

4. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

You can use any mech really; the dark/light one just has the advantage of being unresistable.

5. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

RE: HERA Dungeon Strategy Thread

I think the idea is that after you pop Siren and expending your gems, you use the Echidna to allow your Siren to cool down. This gives you a 3-way win: You take no damage, have a chance to get more rcv/fire orbs, and also allow your siren to recharge. Makes sense to me.

The best build as it was said on the fb group was to just have valk, lilith, triple skilled up echidnas, and just spam her move.

6. Silver

Silver New Member

RE: HERA Dungeon Strategy Thread

What is the timing for triple Keepers on Hades? Use the first at 3 turns remaining?

edit: That was the timing, +1 Hera :p

7. Mike

Mike New Member

RE: [Dungeon] Hera Decends - Strategy Thread

I got lvl 78 dark/dark hades leader and a friends with ama 6 star, odin, or viper
    Subs as shown in pic.
    TELL ME THERES HOPE!!

8. EdGamer

EdGamer New Member

0 stones clear for Hera.

Refer setup shown

[​IMG]

9. polopopolo

polopopolo New Member

4 stones for me due to me not matching healing orbs even though I had it on Hera. Took me about 3 hours to clear dungeon.
    My team was
    Leader: Odin lv 25
    Friend: Abyss Neptune lvl 64
    Subs:
    Echidna tRE lv 33
    Siren tE lv 88 skill lv 6
    Dark Golem mk III lv 16
    Wind Mech Dragon lv 56

10. tpman14

tpman14 New Member

So I was thinking of taking this team...anyone think its safe enough? I'm willing to put a couple stones into getting her.

lvl 40 Abyss Neptune Lead
    Friend Awaken Odin
    Subs:
    Echidna TRE (skill 2) lvl 38
    Siren (max skill) lvl 28
    2x Rainbow Keeper

11. polopopolo

polopopolo New Member

With your team, you're going to have a rough time on the first four rounds but after that you can make it. My team was almost the same thing but I had a mech dragon instead of the RK and I accidentally brought with me dg mkIII instead of RK. If i had brought RK with me, I probably would have done 0-1 stone clear.

12. tpman14

tpman14 New Member

Ya I did it with 4 stones. 1 was stupid on Ceres I just wasnt paying attention. A second siren would have made it ezpz.

13. darrenalilim

darrenalilim New Member

Theorycrafting on a Noel Odin Team:
    Blue Noel
    StE for RCV and orb change
    King Sieg mainly for HP
    Kamui for a bit of attack
    Vritra for Neptune and Ceres (planning to heal up to just below max health to deal the full 100k but we'll see how that goes)
    Odin for Odin.

I could also swap Vritra for LWotN and MechGolem for Kamui if needed.
    Thoughts?

14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Slumbering Zeus Staff Member

User ID:

I'd say there are easier ways to get a Hera. So the idea is to plan it out just right to get below 10% health, so you can take out Neptune with Vritra? Btw, you'll have to do this twice.

Hera will be fun, too. Resistance teams generally bring two max-skill Sirens to guarantee that they can heal every turn. In your case, maybe you don't need to because you can survive a hit or two from Hera? Of course you'll need to heal a lot if that happens, and Blue Noel is less effective with fewer blue monsters on your team.

It might be doable?

15. darrenalilim

darrenalilim New Member

Yep, that's the idea. It take a bit long to pull off I think it'll be faster waiting it out with Lilith's poison.
    I also was considering a CDD/Odin team with 2xRK, StE, and Lilith. I have a second max Siren but it's a Mermaid at the moment, so... yea.

I might just pass on this dungeon again and wait until next time.

16. Cel

Cel New Member

It depends on how many stones you're willing to Sacrifice. It's certainly possible with one max skilled Siren, but there are times where you may run out of orbs. Odin isn't Blue, so you don't get the benefit of 2xATK/RCV for Odin. Will you have enough health to survive a Hades hit? I'd take your CAD over Kamui for 20k ripping on early stages, Kamui's active although gives you more blue orbs. If you have a blue mech dragon, probably best to go here.

If you don't have Neptune, it's a pretty rough call to figure out which Armor break you want to use.

As for CDD/Odin, you should be able to fit in 2x StE and one less rainbow keeper.

Depending on how many stones you want to use against Hera, it might be wise to wait until next time. I think she's visiting quite often now.

17. Benholio

Benholio New Member

I posted this in the Clearing Hera with Odin/Resist thread, but I guess that might have been the wrong place since I'm considering using Siren/Odin and not resists. :p

But anyway, what do you guys think about this team? My Siren should be strong enough to fully heal against the bosses, right? (826 RCU)

[​IMG]

Here is the rest of the lineup, coming in over 16.5k hp before the Odin helper. I can add about 600 ATK by putting a level 99 Blue Skydragon in place of the Mechdragon, bringing it down to 14.7k hp before Odin. I wonder if the extra ATK is worth more than the extra cushion for stages 1-5?

[​IMG]

18. LeopoldQBloom

LeopoldQBloom Member

Benholio,

If I am doing the math right, Hera hits for 12,354 each round. That works out to 2470 each round with Odin. Your siren with 826 RCV can heal 2478 each round so it seems like you are good to go.

19. Benholio

Benholio New Member

Thanks Leo! I thought I heard 824 as the cutoff, I just wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

20. darrenalilim

darrenalilim New Member

Updated with pictures of my teams. (Click on the team)
    Noeldin - Kamui: 20286 HP, 3898/1208/648 ATK, 3220 RCV
    Noeldin - Golem: 23258 HP, 3536/1208/648 ATK, 2690 RCV
    CDDin: 11189 HP, 837/1208/2572 ATK, 2867 RCV

Opinions? To me it looks like my Kamui team would work best

After wasting 10 stones for trash on today's 'God'fes, I'd be willing to use the rest of my 6 stones on just Hera. I do have a CAD but don't have a BlueMech; however I feel like Kamui would help a lot more on the boss stages.