[EU] General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU General' started by Moetrich, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Moetrich

Moetrich Active Member

Hello fellow EU gamers!

The EU timetravel thread was used a lot for general discussion recently, making it really hard to find times of daily events. I like to discuss with other EU gamers and read about their successes and failures. But we should separate the timetable and discussion, as it is really not good to skip back 3 pages just to know what events are on today.

So let's discuss here and keep timetravel stuff in the corresponding thread. Perhaps we are even getting our own subforum in the future :)

2. Moetrich

Moetrich Active Member

ok so I was checking out if there is a way for me to tackle down Valk today. It's a waste of stamina, I just can't do it. How is it going for you guys?

I will just clear the dark sky dragon dungeons, shouldn't be too hard with a resist/healer team...

3. Tgloki

Tgloki New Member

Im struggling with valk, tried a dd batman lead, fa luci, 2 rainbow keepers and my max skilled siren. I used a friends hades because non of my friends has sod luci available. I died on the 4th floor :-( for my next attempt id like to use a high levelled luci as the friend lead. And im tprn between running batman or trying thanantos for that extra bit of hp and the ability to avoid light damage for a while.
    What do you guys think, batman or thanantos?

4. MrHarz

MrHarz New Member

I'm not even going to bother with Valkyrie for now. I know full well I can't burst through that much hp in 4/5 turns (delay) if I don't have Gravity.

I did however complete my Sky Dragon collection, blowing through dungeons with no heart orbs with Horus is fun.

5. Seraphex

Seraphex New Member

Damn i'm fed up with the goddess now... I've managed 3 times at a 5 stone investment but only got 1 drop. I already have a high lvl WRG Valk and did want a few for potential skill ups but i think i'm going to leave it. At least I have a second valk just in case.

*Edit Good job making a separate EU thread - I guess it was needed!

6. jmechan

jmechan New Member

Haven't tried the dark skydragon yet. I've been focussing on failing the Valk dungeon. I have one already so it's not the end of the world if I don't clear it, but it's frustrating.

For the skydragon, might try and blast through with my valk team actually. Just for comedy value. If that fails I'll go back to the dual Ares mono-fire team I've been using with some success so far.

7. Dreweryn

Dreweryn New Member

Tried once, throwing a couple stones at devils cause I wanted to save skills for Valk, but just didn't manage to do enough damage on her.

Bastet, Persephone, King Shynee, RK, Echidna, Dark Valk.

Easy sweep on first 2 stages, charged on golem and went to devils with RK active, tanked 3 turns but 1 of the 2 survived my last combo.

Valk I popped menace, cleared some blue orbs then went Shynee: 3x3 dark + 3 other, no skyfall, barely took 30% off her health. Will maybe try again later with a Haku friend but I feel she's too far away without 2 gravities and I have 0 :)

8. omnibon

omnibon Moogle

User ID:
    794 147 239
    PADherder:
    link
    Valk by numbers just looks really difficult without a really developed spike team or lucifer + gravities.

Spike needs ~12k HP to stall on golem then 2.7mill damage in 4 turns with echidna delay.

Double Luci team no gravity is doing 1.2mill dmg with two morning stars, still having to burst 1.5mill dmg (unlikely). Can tank grind through the triple resurrections until double morning star is in range of the kill.

Valk has 3 full heals a bind, shield and hits hard so grind teams are in for a rough ride.

Double Luci + 2x 30% gravity. 2 gravities do 51% dmg, 1.38mill dmg leaving 1.33mill. Double morning star 1.2mill leaving ~ 130k to finish.

Basically imo, don't try unless you have a really good spike team and lots of confidence, or double lucifer+gravity subs

9. djsamz

djsamz New Member

this is a good idear + to get it perm :p

10. Annimaria

Annimaria New Member

Thanks for taking a noobs idea seriously!

I don't even have enough stamina to try Valk yet, but I think I'll try getting the dark skydragon.

11. chalumeau

chalumeau Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Absolutely not possible for me. I'm preparing an EU new account, waiting for tomorrow to try to get my first RK, and light keeper to evolve Ama. Then, I can beat the skydragon with Ama/vampire/RK/Lilith/CDD and Odin friend build, and I will try to farm my CDK. Then I will have the materials for a decent dark team with vampire lead.

12. hugh8962

hugh8962 New Member

ahh, my maximum stamina is 48...
    I have a few spike leaders (Bastet, Isis and Horus) with Hades(Ultimate evolved), i just don't have the stamina limit...

13. RendUK

RendUK Member

Fortunately I already have 2 valks which is good cause I wouldn't be able to do the dungeon today anyway >< I m just hoping they do Hera descended again before any of the harder descended dungeons

14. Dreweryn

Dreweryn New Member

Well let's change subject for a bit from "Who's getting owned by Valk" to "What we are working on".

What are you guys working on?

After 0/5 skill-ups on Verche, I quit on that mini-goal and reverted to +egg farming while getting ready for Hera.

My advancement so far:
    Rank -> 92
    Normal -> Ocean of Heaven
    Tech -> still first tier, not spending much stam on that
    Subs I'm focusing on -> Green Odin, ADK, CDK

So I'm mainly doing Green Dragons (got 3 kings in 3 runs yesterday) and 1.5x T5 while trying to raise rank.
    I'm also still missing 3-4 Mystic Masks for evolutions.

15. djsamz

djsamz New Member

basiclly what i ran
    sod lucifer
    Hera,hades,dark-lucifer,Orochi
    sod lucifer

when you get to her gravity*2, dark lucifer, orochi for the exter turns, then sod lucifer you match a heal to use your other sod lucifer and you have a few turns after that to burn her down before she gets a turn to recover or if you are lucky she might put her sheild up witch gives you a extra turn but i never got that far as i managed to burn her down before she got to att.

As i have writen this im come to the thought that not every one will have the team i said or will have them at maxed lv so if you do then i can put my SOD Lucifer to help but will understand if its not good enough :s

16. RendUK

RendUK Member

My friend will be happy to hear there is a use for his dark lucifer he got :p

17. hugh8962

hugh8962 New Member

I only started a month ago, but i have been quite lucky with the REM pulls, a few good leaders, Isis, Horus, Bastet, Lmeta, Yomi and a few dark Gods

My advancement so far:
    Rank -> 62
    Normal -> Hyperion Lava Flow (Can go further but focusing on levelling up)
    Tech - > Just first tier to get pengdras
    Focusing on -> Isis, Bastet (Get her ulti evolved!)

Just had Hades ulti evolved, LOVE his gravity haa
    Running a dark team in dragon dungeons to clear them quick :)
    Need to raise my rank so i actually have 50 stamina to possibly do descend.

Wishlist: GOdin, Dmeta, Valk (Don't even have stamina to do the descend)...

18. Tgloki

Tgloki New Member

I think im going to brave one more attempt later tonight. Djsamz ive sent you a request. Any chance i can take you up on that sod lucifer offer a bit later today?

19. jmechan

jmechan New Member

This. My attempts with Byakko and Horus teams today have not been particularly successful. I think I just don't have enough levels to burst down the relevant parts, and enough skill to stall enough.

Maybe I'll try the luci team just so I've done it, but my luci is quite low level.

Did Dark Skydragon just to improve my morale. It was pretty straightforward. I'll do it twice more before it goes away so that I can max awaken it.

20. omnibon

omnibon Moogle

User ID:
    794 147 239
    PADherder:
    link
    Rank ~122
    Normal - Kronos Forest
    Tech - Castle of Satan in the Abyss
    Focus - Every useful monster ulti evo and to level 50. I almost never feed off colour now. The exp is very spread, progress is slow but should be more efficient in the long run.
    Lots of evo mat farming and pengdra cycles, and not so much ranking.
    Means I don't have a very strong 'main' team, but more than enough to do T5 farming when needed. I'm currently farming Oceanus Falls - Whirlpool in the Waterfall Basin because my Siren is still not max skilled.

Will rush through normals to open up OOH for +eggs once I decide on and level a team for it.

I tend to farm with Isis and any chinese or egyptian god friend to keep it interesting. I try to leave G.Odin up on Tue/Wed/Fri for anyone wanting easy mat farming.