1. Do you play all the newest mobile games? Want to get those games for FREE?

AppInvasion.com is looking for passionate mobile gamers to be their moderators. PM NeoCHI for more details.

Event Notice - No 2x Skill-Up for Tower of Poring

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by snowmeow9, May 23, 2013.

1. snowmeow9

snowmeow9 New Member

From GungHo's Facebook page:

The "best quality" claim makes no sense to me - but whatever. Guess I'll run it for the stone, then wait until next time to try and skill up Berserk.

2. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

Wow. I had just assumed the skillup event would go on with the event dungeons. I wonder what the response to that statement will be on facebook ;)

3. kazikid

kazikid Member

Guess I'll just have to horde what I can find and wait for the next skill up event.

4. rigormortis

rigormortis New Member

Ugh, that makes no sense, it was their fault that Poring didn't come out when it was scheduled to, what would be the harm of extending 2x skill up for one more day to coincide with Poring.

5. calorie

calorie DKali Acolyte

User ID:
    113, 389, 806
    We're getting another event so soon! And an additional go at the Tower of Poring! I for one think that's very generous of GungHo, I love these guys.

My only worry is that this next event will again lead to me spending a lot of stamina (from my still young, limited pool) on certain dungeons and again not be able to just sit back and farm some Pengdra and Marine Goblins...or acquire enough magic stones in time for the next godfest if there is one.

6. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

A few more things that we'll enjoy? It better be Goemon PLUS Hera-Is, or else there will surely be rioting my lads.

7. Ice Knight

Ice Knight New Member

So in order to hoard all those porings... I will pay Money and buy more boxes for storage! Excellent!

8. risend

risend New Member

and i was saving all my stones for future godfests... now i must buy more boxes!

9. esper

esper New Member

Boxes are a much better use of stones than failio farming the REM is.

10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

don't mean to nitpick, but they didn't mention there was gonna be another tower of poring with the next event. they just said "this is not the last time" ... which could mean it could show up 2 or 3 events later from now

11. calorie

calorie DKali Acolyte

User ID:
    113, 389, 806
    You're right...I didn't notice that, just naturally assumed they were to include it in the next event. Sneaky.

12. jc1589b

jc1589b New Member

i am sure they will add it again during the next event (6 days away) so i will be playing this saturday but i am not going to try for a skill up until our next event. I am sure they will add some new Dungeons hope its Hera-is or Geomon. also i will love it if they updated our version to the Korean version. i know its too soon but it is not a big Update.

13. Trix

Trix New Member

Goemon! Goemon! Goemon!

My mono-blue team (and some magic stones) are ready for some action!

14. slope

slope Well-Known Member

lol. quality. that's fresh.

15. red of the sun

red of the sun New Member

Is the next event the 5.2 update? Goemon? Hera-is?
    Cant wait for this!

16. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

Might be jumping the gun to assume that it will be 5.2

17. red of the sun

red of the sun New Member

yeah i know but i can dream cant i.

18. Dman12

Dman12 New Member

Part of me thinks they may have done this on purpose. Putting it outside of x2 skill up means more people will spend on stones for boxes. They gave 3 compensation stones away, during godfest, which probably resulted in people buying more stones to get 1 or 3 pulls of the REM.

19. Smoogy

Smoogy Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Instead of complaining about one minute thing (waaaah Tower of Poring doesn't coincide with a skillup event - even though it seems simple to extend 2x skill-up by a day), why not embrace the good news out of this?

1) We get Tower of Poring at all - first time that's happened
    2) We all got some stones after they realized they messed up the Poring Tower; also those who rolled when godfest was inactive got to roll again
    3) We now have news that Tower of Poring will be returning at some point and that a new event will be announced on 5/29

They give us events all the time. More than I would have ever imagined from a free game. Not to be a GungHo apologist, but the way some people talk about this (especially on Facebook) makes you wonder why they play at all. Maybe they are trying to maximize IAP from this, but people will only do that if they like the product. If you don't like these changes because it forces you to spend more money, well then don't spend the money.

I'll use Poring Tower to store up some porings or get a Mastering if I can...though it won't be nearly as great with the new cooldown change in 5.2.

20. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Slumbering Zeus Staff Member

User ID:
    Meh. If they actually told us what the event would be next week, it would be one thing. As it is, we don't even know if we're about to get Poring for a week, if we won't see it again for a month, etc. Thus, we have no idea how important it is to spent stones on the Tower now. I, for one, am seriously pissed off.

Maybe it's just that skilling-up Valk and Echidna is my top priority, far more important than getting any new rares...