1. Do you play all the newest mobile games? Want to get those games for FREE?

AppInvasion.com is looking for passionate mobile gamers to be their moderators. PM NeoCHI for more details.

Famous Non-IAP Player: Rank 466 & 2500 +Eggs

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by hitmantb, Sep 10, 2013.

1. hitmantb

hitmantb New Member

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=22153&snA=28213&tnum=72&subbsn=3

Saw this on a Chinese forum, a famous ***non-IAP*** player managed to hit rank 466 in 466 days, with over 2500 +eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a few interesting tips from him:

1) He rarely spend stamina on Pendras or any color metal dragons. Other than keepers of rainbow he rarely ever hit any of the material stages either, he gets his materials from experience farming

2) He plays just final stage of tier 5 dungeons, on weekdays depend on which dungeon gets the +1.5x he plays the final stage of Hyperion Lava Flow, Oceanus Falls, Kronos Forest, Rhea-Themis Temple and Clayus Poison, on weekends it is always farming Sea God of Heaven in Ocean of Heaven

3) If he clears a stage three times without a +egg he always wait and come back a hour or so later, he said +egg like anything else in this game is not random. Some time windows are simply better than others.

4) He doesn't use king dragons until monsters are 70+, in fact he relies mostly on feeding regular monsters. His rule of thumb is gold spend can not be more than experience gained. So if his main monster is level 60 he will only feed it 6000 exp monsters, if it is level 30 he will feed goblins/knights etc as-is.

5) After rank 367 he starts to farm King of the Gods with Goemon team but said it was only for exp, as far as +eggs are concerned Sea God of Heaven is still king

6) He does 0-2 pulls on most god-up's, you can see from image most of his +297's are farmed monsters.

Kind of boring but hard to argue with the results, what do you think?

2. Zephos

Zephos New Member

Sound like a pretty interesting approach to things and there is honour in making things work your way instead of chasing the common wisdom of the crowd ~^_^~.

As a non-IAP player myself though, the one thing I'm curious about is how much of a chance does he take with the REM. If it weren't for event hand-outs, there would literally be a finite amount of Magic Stones to use in the game so it makes me wonder if he regularly uses the REM or invests them in more definite outcomes.

3. hitmantb

hitmantb New Member

0-2 pulls most god-ups, his teams doesn't rely on IAP.

4. Zephos

Zephos New Member

Thankies for the info update to the first post! Definitely like the way he's planning his EXP distribution, seems a lot more fun than grinding metal/jewel dragons and the great cycle of Pengdra stuffing ^_^.

Ah! It might just be my side, but the images seem to be broken from what I see... prolly just me though if everyone else can see them ^_~.

5. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That time-frame thing makes a lot of sense. I don't think this game has true-rng but rather something like a Kerberos randomization based on your timestamp and user ID.

6. moodyz

moodyz New Member

Very useful informations. Thank a lot for sharing. =D

7. zincsterio

zincsterio New Member

Well there is no such thing as a true RNG in computer systems, they are all are pseudorandom based, given a seed. I don't know what you mean by Kerberos randomization, but it is likely that they use the current time and some unique id for each player as part of the seed (including other things). Hard to truly know though unless we get a very large sample.

8. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kerberos is a authorization/certification/ticketing system based off time-stamps. It's what google uses, I think. I don't think we'll ever get a true answer, though, as there's just so many possibilities.

And there are games that run on true RNG (or something close to), but they are mainly really old games, as they have proven to be extremely unreliable. Some extremely old SNES games seem to run on a similar system.

9. rod-

rod- I just want to stand on land. Staff Member

What could possibly be unreliable about true random numbers?
    Also, it's hard to argue with 466 ranks in as many days, I'm way below that with 200 in just over 300. And my plus eggs are waaaaaay fewer. Guess I have been doing it all wrong.

10. tina

tina brazil (album version)

can someone explain tip 4 for me???
    I can't follow what he is saying...

nevermind - i got it ;)

11. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Member

I've read similar post in Bahamut forum long ago when I started this game, and I was looking for guide on progress path.

Personally I wouldn't recommend that for non-iAP in EN version, unless you can discipline yourself very well, because 0~2 pull per God-Fest is impossible in EN as non-iAP, the amount of free gem EN vs JP is no where close. I play both JP+EN, and both non-iAP.

I've been use guide but of course have some fun of my own rather than stick to +egg farm all day. A game without purpose of fun will degrade into a grinding game very fast.

+egg thing is just random, it's the same theory of random generated numbers, needless to explain further, but the +1.5x drop rate sure helps on their appearance for me, that's for sure. I got more +egg in the last 2 weeks (by stick to the plan) compare to camping in Ancient Dragon for moldras in the past.

12. ZeOmi

ZeOmi New Member

Agreed, what's wrong with true random? I mean, other than the fact that humans are barely capable of seeing it. A true random is something that Apple did with the first iPod and promptly had to change t. Why? People thought it was selecting he same theme:artist/genre over and over because a true random is only over a large enough sample.

In a true random 1 person could pull the same god 1 million times in a row and not invalidate the code. Anyone, mysf included, would call this rigged though. Because we only see the 1 mil pulls.

13. EdGamer

EdGamer New Member

Well this thread is definitely a great inspiration! Certainly an admirable player. (Although I probably won't recommend his ideology on feeding critters to mobs till they're over level 60.)

I guess I shall start farming in these 1.5x dungeons more often. Good to know that there are such successful players without IAP. :D

14. kazikid

kazikid Member

This is pure awesome.

The pictures aren't loading however. Or my just be my bad internet.

15. Yoona

Yoona New Member

They aren't loading for me too.

+1 to this guy. Really hit some milestones that even IAP players have a tough time hitting.

16. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In true random, you are likely to see extremes a lot more often than not. Some games counteract this by generating two random numbers and taking the average of those numbers as the actual "random number", making extremes less likely. Off topic--this doesn't apply to P&D--, but for some games, you can't afford to have something as high as a 96% chance fail, so they try their best to balance out extremes with other methods.

idk this is hard to explain and i don't really get it myself, but games don't seem to like true random.

17. Rika

Rika New Member

im non IAP, and i realize i played this game the wrong way all thsi time :( FML

18. statikk-

statikk- New Member

Well, this certainly makes sense. I've already adopted ignoring dragons and pengdras during non-event times and following around the 1.5x drops instead.

The next question is should we be ignoring X 2 King Dragons and Pengdra Village during events as well?

Also why not the T6 dungeons instead of T5?

19. kickat3000

kickat3000 Member

I am impress with the amount of dedication he put into this game. And I thought i was hardcore.

20. Glacea

Glacea New Member

I have 59 days under my belt, rank 106 and i have been ignoring jewel dragons when it doesnt have 2x appearance because its too much of a gamble.

I have also been farming 1.5x rate dungeons with the same element as the pet i am trying to level while acquiring + eggs. The tip about +eggs not dropping and trying again a hour later is definitely one i want to test and try out...because its just no good to burn all my stam and not get any +eggs :(