FAQ: Safeguarding and restoring your account

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Haku-ku-ku, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is a mini-guide to safeguarding your account, and should disaster strike, restoring your account if you lose or break your device and cannot use the normal migration method. (Because we all know that PAD is more important than your iPhone!)

PART I: SAFEGUARDING YOUR ACCOUNT

An ounce of prevention, yadda yadda yadda. To protect your investment in PAD, here are some basic steps to take:

1. Record your User ID and Secret Code. Put it in a different place than your game account. You need both if you want to restore your account.

2. Know the answers to the questions GungHo will ask if you need to restore data. See the next post for these questions.

3. Go IAP.

Yup, splurge on that $5 stone buy, just once. IAP accounts are just treated differently by GungHo's technical support team. Think of it as $5 insurance that comes bundled with a free REM roll.

4a. Link your account to Google.

If you're playing on Android, link your account to Google. It'll give you an alternative means of restoring your account.

4b. Back up your iOS data.

You can use iTools alongside iTunes to back up your PAD account data. This will allow you to reinstall on another iOS device (not Android, however). You'll need to do this manually every now and again - I don't know of any way to do it automatically (suggestions?)

KGkingofgames likes this.
  2. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can restore your account only if you have purchased Magic Stones via an In-App Purchase. (It is possible that you can also restore your account if you've reached level 50 but are non-IAP, but I do not have experience with this).

You will need the following information from your lost account:
    * User ID number
    * Secret code
    * Platform the account was on (e.g. Android or iOS)
    * Game rank
    * At least 5 favorite monsters
    * Date/time of your last play session before you lost your account (approximately)
    * A recent dungeon you cleared and date of that clear
    * A screenshot of an in-app purchase (e.g. in iTunes, take a screenshot of your purchase receipt). I believe this is optional, but try to make life as easy as possible for tech support.

You will also need to set up a new PAD account on whatever device you want your data restored to. You will then need to have the following information:
    * User ID number of the new account
    * Platform where the new account lives (e.g. Android or iOS)

With this information, go to the GungHo support page:

http://www.gunghoonline.com/support/?gameid=173&stype=data

Enter all the data you provided above, including the screenshot of your IAP if available. On the checkbox labeled:
    ... check the box even though you have not received a ticket number. This is just really bad wording by whoever made this page.

Click "Send Restoration."

You will not get any immediate email confirming receipt of this request. You will just have to be patient. It may take 1-2 days for tech support to respond to you. The email will look like this:

When you receive this email, change the new PAD account's username to the one provided in the email. You will then need to wait another 1-2 days before the account is restored. The account will be restored a few hours before you get final confirmation by email.

Then try not to lose/break your device again!

If you find this FAQ useful, send me a friend request on your temporary account, reach level 20, and send me a present :)
    (Thank you to PDF members akhc, brillo, Turboblast1019, and TLK24 for your moral support when I went through this!)

3. TLK24

TLK24 Active Member

Looks great and I'm sure it will help anyone who faces this situation, and it was nice of you to put it together :)

And I'm glad you got your account back :p

4. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, I'm quite relieved! Thanks for all the help and moral support :)

5. TLK24

TLK24 Active Member

I could only imagine lol and you are quite welcome :)

6. Dantes

Dantes IAP+IPA= <3

Awesome post as this is my greatest fear. Lol. Who cares about everything else on my phone =P.

7. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Sounds good. And yes my iPhone is totally replaceable I agree. :p

8. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    OK, updated with prevention tips. Suggestions?

9. ChaneRZ

ChaneRZ New Member

I keep my PAD files on my USB then locked in the safe lol. Itools/root route.

10. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bumping this as some people have posted related questions recently. Mods, is this worth stickying?

11. supebeans

supebeans Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is fantastic! I went through this quite some time ago and this kind of post would have been super helpful!

I don't know how your experience went, but I know when I was going through the retrieval process, I would only recieved one email a day, and it was typically at 3:30am EST. If you missed anything, or needed to submit further proof, you would not hear back for another day while you were sleeping :p

One time, I set an alarm to wake up and try to respond within the hour that I received an email from them, only to not hear back until 24 hours later. Not sure if this is something you could add to the post as I know I have seen some posts about how long it takes to hear back from customer support.

Nonetheless, great stuff!

Edit: eh, nevermind, I must have skimmed over where you mentioned the 1-2 business day lag.

12. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I could be misunderstanding you, but I just want to clarify--this only needs to be done once. All you're backing up are the login credentials, so there's no need to make a second backup later to save your progress.

Exception: Your monster book, where it shows all the monsters you've encountered, is local to your device. So if you only backup once and later lose your device, you could lose the monster descriptions here (although it should be repopulated as you re-encounter those monsters, so it's only an issue for if you've already evolved a monster and want to go back and view the non-evolved one). For myself, and I suspect 90+% of players, this doesn't matter at all. But I know there are a few players who obsess over filling in every entry in their monster book.

13. icedragon926

icedragon926 Blue myr so expensive :<

User ID:
    382, 103, 341
    I posted something like this, but it didn't get any replies, so maybe i'll get some here.

Say I used iFunBox to get the data files, deleted pad, signed in with a different itunes account, redownloaded pad, and put the files back. Will PAD still work the same as on the other itunes account, and will the new PAD be counted as being purchased from the second itunes account instead of the old one? :s

14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    People have been known to trade accounts (disclaimer: account trading is not allowed on this forum), so I'm pretty sure you could do this and play the game just fine. The only time PAD interacts with your iTunes account is when you buy stones. So I guess the question would be: Does PAD keep track of the account used for stone buying, and will they allow you to later buy stones with a different account?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not at all sure. Maybe someone else has done this?

15. icedragon926

User ID:
    382, 103, 341
    The problem is that I forgot my security questions for my account and can't buy anything, so I'm trying to transfer to another ID that I can buy stuff on.

16. icedragon926

User ID:
    382, 103, 341
    Alright, I decided to go for it, and deleted PAD. Then, I switched itunes accounts, redownloaded PAD, and transfered files over. The game loaded fine, and I tried to IAP, and it worked, Yay!

The bad part is, the first time I tried it, I dragged the files into pad instead of padEN, so I just lost all of my data on my JP account...:(
    There goes my blonia D:

17. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Having not followed my own advice and not IAPing on my alt account before losing it during a transfer from an Android to an iPad that crashed before it could complete an iCloud backup (thanks, iOS8!) I am going to test whether GH support will, in fact, help with accounts that are non-IAP but over level 50.

I think someone is sending me a message that I should retire an account, and never play on iPad. Probably should've retired my main account.

18. genius

genius New Member

Hi,

I hope that this is the proper thread to put this on.
    Regarding data migration, how long does the actual download take?

I am moving my data (which is backed up to my google account) and everything seems to go smoothly. I am provided by PAD my name and other data, which I confirm since authentication works right.
    The only problem is that the data download takes a LOOOOONG time. I'm not sure if I should panic yet. I let it go for over 30 minutes (my internet is fast, like ~25Mb/s), is that not long enough?

Don't want to derail the thread but if anyone's done data migration successfully, can you reply/PM with how long it took?

Thanks.

19. Chespan@pf

Chespan@pf Member

There is something wrong. The download should take less than a minute.

20. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    genius, hope your account migrates successfully, let us know how it goes.

I heard back from PAD support on 9/27 and have not heard anything since. Still hoping...