FAQ: Safeguarding and restoring your account

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Haku-ku-ku, Aug 14, 2014.

1. genius

genius New Member

Thank you for your responses! I finally got it to work!
    They sent back a response to my emails with only canned responses ('try turning your phone off and turn it back on'-I facepalmed for a second) but I fixed it on my own.
    Maybe there should be/is a PSA for people who root and ROM their phones, but my custom rom (cyanogenmod 11 M8 for the nexus 5) was what was preventing my account from working. I reset to factory and it started working again.
    Once again thank you for your concern in a time when I was only full of panic :).

(edit): by the way, good luck with PAD support! I hope that you can get your account back soon. Assuming that you have everything you need, I bet that you will be fine :)

2. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the note of support. I did get my account back, but I had to reply to the email before they told me that they'd done so... was not aware this had happened because you have to force-quit and reboot. It was actually quite fast.

So you CAN restore a non-IAP account if you reach rank 50+ and maybe other conditions that aren't public. Still safer to IAP, though!

3. Boom

Boom I think; everything can err.

User ID:
    375, 145, 350
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you have to know the exact rank? That may be hard, but if I lose my account, I'm writing stuff down just in case....I did an IAP using an iTunes gift card. Does that count?

4. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Re: gift card, yes, money is money. As for keeping track of rank, it's easy to ask a friend to look at your account if you have access to friends who play the game. Or make an alt?

5. Iinari

Iinari Member

I feel like I'm just being dumb or something, but I'm playing this game on my LG G3 phone. So Android or whatever.

I clearly have a Google+ account as you need one to make in-app purchases. I can also access said account via my phones settings ETC. So that part is fine I guess.

HOWEVER, on the log in screen for PAD, I cannot "sign in". I keeps prompting me to create an account. I back out of that and then it pulls up my current G+ account. I click on it, and it does a quick loading and then brings me back to the create account screen. This is all fine and stuff except that to proceed any further, I have to "accept the terms and conditions" ETC. There is no box to check or security code to enter. I cannot click on the "create" button.

Like I said, I'm probably just doing something wrong. I dunno.
    I am though, very concerned about safe guarding my game though. I've spent way too much money on this game sadly. lol

Also, how do I make a screen shot on my phone? I suppose I could use a camera, but that seems like its harder than it needs to be.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have my user ID, but whats the deal with the secret code and game questions????

6. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No suggestions on getting Google+ to work, but if you have your ID and secret code, worst case is you lose a few days waiting for tech support to transfer your account to a new device.

7. Iinari

Iinari Member

Where do I find my secret code though?

8. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    bottom menu "other" > "support." It's not intuitive

9. Wonky

Wonky Active Member

User ID:
    Wonky
    PADherder:
    link
    Here's one for you.

My Android phone has a number of email accounts on it. My primary account is 'Account 1' where all of my IAP has occurred and is the Google account that is sync'd with PAD. I need to change it so all my purchases will come from 'Account 2' from now on.

Can I do this and how do I go about it? I'm pretty sure when you install PAD for the first time, you can choose which account to use, but if I use 'Account 2' there would not be any save data there and I don't know for sure how syncing affects the data. I know PAD stores most of its data in the app itself, but I don't know to what degree Google is involved.

The last thing I want is to have my PAD data lost because the Google side sees a problem with what I'm trying to do.

10. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is just an email / Google account, right? You should be able to change your payment method without screwing this up. Maybe test this by logging out of Play when you start up PAD, then try signing in with your other Play account?

11. Seoulstice

Seoulstice New Member

sigh* just cracked my ipod screen today, getting a new on on Saturday hopefully the transition goes smoothly. I dont think I have a screen shot of the purchase though. would a screenshot of an email of the receipt work?

12. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They actually don't seem to need the receipt in my experience

13. Seoulstice

Seoulstice New Member

is filling out that form necessary? you cant just do the retrieve data option in game after you have downloaded PAD on the new device?

14. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think that should work if you had Google Play set up right, but I can't speak from experience

15. Seoulstice

Seoulstice New Member

okk ty for the info~

16. snakefactory

snakefactory New Member

Alright so my phone started boot looping and I had to factory reset it. I had the secret code and started the process with support.

Here is the summary of the request: http://i.imgur.com/MLv3xam.jpg

Acknowledgement of my request and in game name change details: http://i.imgur.com/P7MrxPe.jpg

Proof that I did it: http://i.imgur.com/Pvwclhm.jpg

Their response: http://i.imgur.com/BgYMSdW.jpg

Alright..so I'm about $500 into IAP and would really like to recover the account. Can anyone give me some advice on how to proceed?

Thanks

17. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hmmm, did you contact them again with these screenshots and get no response? Is it possible they attempted the restore in the time between when they set the temp name and you changed it? (When they emailed you with the name could have been later than when they set it)

18. Fizzydrink

Fizzydrink My drinks are overly carbonated

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I changed devices a few months ago. I lost my PAD data on my new device, and want to restore it. Is the "device change code" that they gave me back when I changed devices the same as the "secret code" they want on the data restoration page? Because thats the code I have saved.

Edit: Apparently not...is there nothing I can do if I don't have the secret code? Because I have over a years worth of data and I would be quite sad to lose all of it.

2nd Edit: My account was returned after only a couple days, you apparently do not need your secret code as long as the rest of your information is spot on and you have IAP-ed before. Still, I recommend saving your code.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  19. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, I can't believe you got your account back without a code, because frankly anyone here who keeps a blog is publishing enough info to steal their account. Well, glad it worked for you!

20. Fizzydrink

Fizzydrink My drinks are overly carbonated

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm very glad as well, but I almost miss the account I started as I waited for news. My guess is the most important information I provided was my IAP history.