FAQ: Safeguarding and restoring your account

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Haku-ku-ku, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Rizu

Rizu Prolly Batman or Some Shit Idek

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, I'm trying to install my alt on another device via data migration but I'm getting an error message regarding the ID being invalid. Will GH be able to restore it still?

2. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Never heard of this one, let us know how it turns out and good luck!

3. Rizu

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It occurred to me shortly after posting this that it was invalid because I was punching in my user ID instead of the one for device transfer and that it was impossible to get because the device that account had been on was dead. So I filled out their restoration form. They got back to me pretty quick about the ticket number but the rest is up to fate I suppose.

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  4. prljmdave

prljmdave Member

So did your account get restored? I'm just curious because I've been waiting a few days on mine. I got the reply from them around 60 hours ago and I'm still waiting.

So a tip for anyone who's panning to change devises...make it the last thing you do on the new device. I just got a new phone and transferred PAD first (because it's clearly the most important). It transferred over just fine using the code produced in game. Then when the people at the store ported all of my contacts and pictures and stuff it rest PAD on both phones to the initial start up screen when you first install the app. The transfer code is apparently a one time use sort of thing so I wasn't able to retrieve the account info again and I couldn't produce a new code from the old phone since it was reset as well.

So now I'm just playing a waiting game and keeping my fingers crossed. Sadly I think if I don't get my account back I'll be done with the game. Was rank 360 something and had just got my 550 day login bonus so I was a long way into it. I have no desire to start over.

5. Rizu

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, it got restored within a few days of putting in the order. Important to note that I did NOT provide an iap purchase receipt because I often purchased on both accounts on the same day, at the same time, and I didn't want to cause confusion. However, I made it clear when listing cards that I had several REM gods, including Grodin. Ironically, the supposedly dead iPhone started working again the same day it was restored. Bizarre. I guess it was just in a coma. Interesting fact: They swapped accounts between devices so I had to delete and reinstall the game then migrate it back onto my phone.

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just wanted to add that GungHo restored my non-IAP account as it was well past rank 50. It took some time (during which I missed Fuu skill-ups and the Shinrabansho collab), but it was my own silly mistake that cost me the time and energy.

So IAP isn't strictly required for restoring accounts over rank 50, but I suppose throwing a fiver or even $0.99 + tax at the game wouldn't be outrageous for folks wanting to better secure their account.

7. Rizu

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly, I think as long as it seems like you invested time in the account, they'll make you a priority. My rank was like 118 at the time so who knows. I'd like to think it was because I put in the effort to look up the proper names of the monsters I named as favourites. XD Not just Leilan but Divine Harbinger of Doom or whatever her r/l uevo is called.

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just wanted to throw in my personal experience here in case anyone was interested in hearing it. I lost my phone data because my phone got stuck in a boot loop and after several days of attempting to save my phone, I eventually gave up and used my brother's old phone. I had most of my info including player ID, secret code and player name but I was a little fuzzy on the details like my rank (turns out I overshot my estimate by 3 ranks). Anyways, after submitting the form, it took them roughly about a day to get back to me asking me to change my new account's (one I just created) name to whatever they asked me to change it to. Then, roughly about 44 hours later, I got my account back; I just logged in and the new account got replaced with my old one. I still haven't gotten an email yet telling me that my account has been recovered but my account is back (yay!). To be honest, as much as I love and adore this game, I think I would not have continued to play if I didn't get my account restored. I've been playing this game for 2 years now and 5 levels shy of rank 400 so I would be pretty devastated if I lost all that progress. After this experience though, I'm seriously considering doing just a little IAP just to kind of get that insurance but seeing as how my account got restored anyway, not sure if that's necessary.

Oh, I also want to add, I was playing on Android and I did have Google Play logged in on my old phone but apparently, it did nothing to save my data. So, definitely don't rely on Google Play to save your data.

Rizu likes this.
  9. Lady Panda

Lady Panda New Member

Is there a way to restore an account if we forgot our user I'd. I haven't played a while since I had a crappy phone, now that I have a new phone and no longer have the old phone, I wish to play again but want my old account back. Please help

10. Rizu

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I really doubt it since that's the way you're identified in-game. Your handle is more or less meaningless since it's not individualized. (I.e.: You could enter the name Cathy but another player could use the same name as well.)

11. Lady Panda

Lady Panda New Member

There should still be a way to track down my account. I have the "secret code", it should also be tied to my google play account and my past purchases. I put a lot of money into this game when I did play, I just had to stop playing cause i had a really crappy phone and with more and more updates, I just had to stop playing until I got a new phone.

12. Rizu

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When did you get your secret code? It expires after awhile. A week or two I want to say. Have you tried just downloading the game? Idek how Google Play works or if they have a cloud system with game data, but Apple does. If I delete the app and re-download it, it won't let me start fresh unless I turn off cloud access to devices. I mean, certainly you could try using the secret code or fill out the form to get your game data restored, but without your user ID, I think the only other way they might be able to identify you is with an iap reicept.

13. bee

bee Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    If your account is linked to your google account then getting it back should be easy. When you redownload the game you should have the option to download data instead of entering a new name (I think the option poppep up after agreeing to the TOS but I'm not sure anymore).

14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The Secret Code never expires, it remains the same from what I can tell. At least mine has not changed since the first day I started playing. I think you may be confusing it with the Device Change code and that is an expiration date on it.
    This actually may not work, it's a hit or miss from what I can tell. Some people can get it to work whereas I could not and I had to go through the restoration process even though I play with Google Play logged in all the time so your mileage will probably vary with this method.

As for @Lady Panda , I think if you have the receipt that you bought the stones with, they may be able to help you, probably more so if you have the Secret Code as well. If they can trace the purchase back to your account, then you have a pretty good chance at the recovery I think.

15. bee

bee Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Being logged in to google is not the same as having your accounts linked! So if you only log in at the start screen, your accounts aren't linked, you'll have to set that up first with the migration feature.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  16. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, okay, thanks :). That's odd though that they don't automatically do it for you because isn't that the whole point of logging in at the start screen to begin with? Anyway, I just migrated my data, not sure if it actually works until I somehow lose my account (again) but hopefully that won't be happening.

17. bee

bee Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, would be easier that way, but all loggin in does is giving you access to the achievements (and a leaderboard I think) in the Others tab.

18. Orree

Orree A day late and a combo short...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My daughter's account got screwed up right around the update they did on January 14th. Couldn't log in into the application at all until we deleted her game data. Once we did, it was all fine again. The problem was that we didn't have data migration turned on nor could I find the screenshot of her secret code (i think we did it when her account was on her mom's phone and mom deleted it..lol).

Anyway, just wanted to report that we did get GH to restore her nearly 2-year account without the secret code. *whew* She had one IAP (the 5 stones for $1 this past Thanksgiving) and we remembered all kinds of details about the account. That seems to have been good enough for GH. She was really happy.

19. momolatindisco

momolatindisco Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I managed to lose my account info during a phone software upgrade to Android 6.0.1. Once I fixed the compatibility issue I was able to successfully restore from a year old Titanium backup I'd made. It didn't matter that it was version 7.3 and the current version was 8.8. What matters is that the restore included the DAT files with my account info. Gungho maintains everything about your account (monsters, stones, box space etc...), all you really need is for the game to connect to them with the correct IDs and it'll be right where you left off. It's a client/server model, so long as you prove that you're you, you'll have everything you had when you last played.

I needed to root my phone in order to do the initial Titanium backup, but knowing that I can get back to playing sooner is totally worth it IMO.

20. Amber

Amber New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is an odd question..but if you don't play for like 3 years, is it possible your account can be deleted? I tried to restore my account using google transfer but it says 'unregistered user'