FAQ: Safeguarding and restoring your account

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Haku-ku-ku, Aug 14, 2014.

1. MethFace

MethFace Member

PADherder:
    link
    So i've not played for like 9 months, what are my chances of getting back my old account with the following info?

I have the secret code
    I have the ID number
    I remember the ingame name
    I remember first roll and many favorite monsters
    I remember my rank was somewhere between 190-200
    Never IAP-ed, not even once
    Dont really remember the day when was last login/dungeon, maybe month.
    I did that google backup whatever, dont really remember it tho what is even was?

All help appreciated.

2. CheekyChan

CheekyChan New Member

This is a long one, but here it goes...I just had some weird hoodoo and an unfortunate series of events happen to me. Just transferred the game to my new phone using the Data Migration Tool, even screenshotted the data and everything since I realized that I probably needed a new backup of it since my previous was from about three years ago and most likely gone. Well, it worked fine, no problem, have my Google account linked as well. Played it for a few days like normal, no issues, played it earlier, did the Experience of a Lifetime dungeon and reached rank like 170, don't remember the exact number, last screenshot I have of my rank was 166 but that was over a week ago. Well, today after having just played it, I logged back in to play one of the other dungeons and I was greeted with a New User screen. I didn't think anything of it because I had just screenshotted everything I needed to know to just login. But weelll, IT WAS GONE. The screenshot was corrupt, apparently something was using my SD Card or something at the time even though it said it saved properly. So, here I am. Aside from the fact my profile is over level 150, I have no other info besides my user name. I don't remember or have access to my Friend ID or any other information (And some of my most used monsters.) and I am a total mess, freaking out. I never bought anything in-game so I'm not IAP status. But I do not want to lose my almost 500 (non-junk) monster collection or any of my 8 star max level monsters. I don't have any friends who I know in real life that play it anymore, they deleted the app a long time ago without backing up their data and have lost access to their accounts as well because they didn't care for the game, some interesting phone calls I've made today to people I haven't talked to in probably a good year or so, and the only person I know that does have the game and still plays it never accepted my friend request, they forgot to. I DO know a user by the name of Cratcho is in my friend's list since the dawn of time, we were labeled as Bestie's since the system was implimented but he's been offline for something like 78 days and he does go on these forums but not for about a year. I don't really remember any other user in my friend's list. I think there was someone named Milkyway8 as well but I have absolutely no clue, most of the usernames were off the wall weird. I messaged their support but I have a feeling I'm totally screwed for not knowing my Friend ID.

In response to MethFace: You needed to have registered your Google account after signing into the Google Play Games thing on the Tap to Start screen then in the options, register your Google acount and you still need your Friend ID code anyways.

3. CheekyChan

CheekyChan New Member

Just an update in case anyone is interested. I finally got my data back today after over a week of dealing with GungHo's Tech Support. I got EVERYTHING back, except the event I missed because of my unfortunate disaster. Eventually, I ended up asking for people who knew me on Reddit if they could tell me my ID, no-one on there knew me. It was literally a 1,000,000-50 shot of someone recognizing me. I had messaged people from my friend's list and only one person got back to me, AFTER I had retrieved my ID. And I retrieved it by means of: Your old device, if you didn't wipe the data or delete PAD will still have your Friend ID int he top left hand corner of the start screen. Some amazing person on Reddit reccomended I try it and I shot the idea down because I had already did the device swap and it happened after that. BUT HE WAS A GENIUS. My ID was still there. So if anyone is out there witht he same problem, CHECK YOUR OLD DEVICE.

My experience was alright, tech support was nice but NOT helpful in the slightest if you don't have your Friend ID, I told them everything about my account no-one else would know and they still wouldn't do anything unless I gave them my ID. They told me I was SOL. I complained to corporate that they need to change their user data/login system and they said that they'll take it under consideration but currently they have no plans to do anything about it. But yeah, I got it solved, they backed up everything, my gems, my rank, my monsters, my teams, my monster book, completed dungeons, everything. So good on them for that. But that was my experience. Hope it helps anyone unfortunate enough to have my terrible luck. Time to backup everything on multiple hard drives and on good ol' paper behind a lock and key safe door.

4. BoBo

BoBo Awoken Yomi / Verdandi

User ID:
    BoBo
    PADherder:
    link
    For people on Android, you can backup the app data without rooting on a PC.
    • Install Android SDK Manager
    • Install Android SDK Platform-Tools from the Manager
    • Install your device ADB Drivers
    • Add platform-tools path to your PATH if under Windows
    • Activate Developper options and USB Debugging on the device
    List connected devices
    adb.exe devices

List apps
    adb.exe shell "pm list packages -f"

Backup an app (eg. to backup JP Pad on Windows)
    adb.exe backup -f padbackup-date.ab jp.gungho.pad

Backup everything
    adb.exe backup -all -f fullbackup-date.ab

Restoring a backup (/!\ will overwrite to Pad Data on the device) :
    adb.exe restore padbackup-date.ab

5. El Purgator

El Purgator Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is there a good wah on android to find out definativley when and how much your recent in app purchases were? Also I feel like I had this account linked to two emails so is there a way to check which one it would be linked to?