Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kidousen, May 26, 2016.

1. Kidousen

Kidousen Member

[​IMG]

Pretty sure a lot of you are already playing this game. If you are heavily invested in the Fate/ Universe as i am, or even just generally interested try it out!

One of the most popular mobile games in Japan out currently, it is a story of the Chaldea Security Organization. In a alternate future situated in the same universe as all related works, it tells a completely new story.With new faces, and old coming together to save the world from destruction let us embark on a wonderful journey across time and space. Summon servants, from across mythology, and history. Who shall you meet? Who will you have the fortune hearing "are you my master?" from.

--------------------------
    2015 AD.
    The final era, when sorcery still existed.

Society had been build by human hands, but it was magi who grasped the truth of the world.
    Sorcery, which governs the skills of past humans that science cannot explain, and science, which gathers the technology of future humanity that sorcery cannot reach.
    Though the two disciplines are absolutely incompatible, they are similar in just one respect.
    Whether sorcery or science, the pursuers of both seek continued prosperity. Or in other words, to protect the future of humanity.

The Chaldea Security Organization.
    A secret agency founded to prevent the certain extinction of the human race, by observing both the world unseen by sorcery as well as the world immeasurable by science.
    Researchers from every field, both magical and mundane, were gathered under a single goal: to extend the reign of human history, above all else.

1950 AD. Phenomenon Recording Cyber-Daemon "LAPLACE" completed.
    1990 AD. Pseudo Global Environment Model "CHALDEAS" completed.
    1999 AD. Near-Future Observation Lens "SHIVA" completed.
    2004 AD. Heroic Spirit Summoning System "FATE" completed.
    2015 AD. Spiritual Computer "TRISMEGISTUS" completed.

With one promising success after another, Chaldea was able to guarantee the security of human history for the next hundred years.

However, in 2015...

Without warning, the future that had been observed by SHIVA vanished.
    Through calculations, it became clear... or rather, it was proven that humanity would go extinct in 2016.

Why had this happened? How had it happened? Who was responsible?
    The researchers of Chaldea were plagued by questions.

But in the midst of their doubt, SHIVA observed a new anomaly.
    2004 AD, Japan, a certain provincial city.
    An "unobservable region" that hadn't been there before suddenly appeared.

Assuming that this must be the cause of humanity's extinction, Chaldea decided to utilize the still-untested "sixth experiment".
    That is, time travel.
    A forbidden ritual that converts the practitioner into spirit particles and sends them into the past, allowing them to interfere with events to locate and destroy space-time singularities.

Its name is the quest for the Holy Grail: "Grand Order".

The name for those who would rise up against human history for the sake of humans, and fight fate itself.

---------------

Take note that it is currently a Japanese only game atm. If you are already playing the JP side of PAD you probably know how to download Japanese games. For IOS users that do not know how to get Fate/Grand Order, these instructions in the link below will suffice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD.../tip_how_to_create_a_japanese_itunes_account/

--------------
    Currently the 2 Best English sites for in depth info.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.info/

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order_Wikia

---------------

You do not require Japanese to read or play this game. Most of the essentials such as Menu,Party Edit, Shop etc, has english text below the Japanese.

Enjoy! For questions-
    the nice people on the
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/
    will most likely answer all your questions.

If you want to add me and use my servants, feel free to contact me on here or https://www.reddit.com/user/Kidousen/
    I will also try to answer all your questions as well on here. cheers!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. Kidousen

Kidousen Member

Broskandar, at his finest.

3. Amber

Amber New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I hear this is getting an English localization soon.

I was flip flopping on starting a JP account so I think I might jump in during the NA release.

I heard the rates of the gacha aren't generous (something about it maybe dropping items instead of servants?), is the game reasonably doable with no or little IAP?

4. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

English version will be out for this year, mainland chinese already been out for an year and taiwan version will be launched early this year too.

Rates...are...very bad, really. Expect 5 star rates to be like 1% or something..i saved 300 saint quartz ( 10 rolls of 10) and got only 2 5 stars.

5. Amber

Amber New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seems the English release is planned for August.

The bad rates are a bummer though. (Is the game at least generous with handing out quartz)

6. scrubbo

scrubbo Managing Events since 2016 Event Manager

User ID:
    Bad rates aren't necessarily a bad thing if a game is not designed around needing multiple 5* level units to enjoy the game.

7. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

the good thing about fgo is that even 2 stars are useful, hell some of the 2 stars are actually op as fuck if you consider that they are at the bottom of the tier listing.

Unlike other games, 2-3 stars are very useful, 5 star are very resistant to power creeping, some units remain extremely good even after 1+year.

The bad side..is ...the gacha.. i´ve read horror stories of people spending 3000 quartz and getting nearly nothing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...ou_think_you_have_bad_luck_this_person_tried/

Pd: and yes, the game is actually very generous with the free quartz..not that it matters anyways huh?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  8. Reine

Reine Ham hands

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Momma's hyped for the US version.

9. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Well shit, used my 258 hoarded stones.

Got myself 2 jeanne alters, happy like a puppy.