Fenrir Viz?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by BonerChamp69, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

So I got this bitch and heard he has a sweet buff coming up but I still have no idea what team building would look like. Is anybody hyped? What are you planning to run?

2. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    How about everyone who played him before the buff was announced? :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  3. Roe Stack

Roe Stack Member

User ID:
    366, 002, 379
  4. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    *hi fives*

I just pulled him m'self this GF.

He looks tanky enough that additional jammer produces would be excessive, especially if there's a haste or two floating around. So just load up on light devils and you're good to go. Going dark-centric with a 5star Fenrir in tow is also an option, if you're lacking a good light devil sub pool.

My best team is ars nova, thor, baal, and venus. Venus can inherit a saria :D

5. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    All light devils are row cards, and there aren't too many. But you can definitely play him as any color that your box supports. I personally might go green or dark just because TPAs are more my thing. :)

6. Marr

Marr Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I rolled Viz back in the fall, and after hearing about the upcoming change to 2.25/225/2.25, I've been intrigued as a side project and have been slowly pouring some resources into getting things in shape. That said, it doesn't take much as I only have 4 light devils (aside from Viz) and they are all pretty much maxed or hypered from my old Thoria team: Paimon/Fuma Kotaro/Awoken Thor/Ars Nova. The only farmable addition I am seriously considering is getting a Zera hypered, as it's useful in other scenarios.

Beyond that I have a regular Fenrir and bunch of Sarias, so I'll just be inheriting them over the subs.

June Bride seasonal REM looks pretty solid for snagging light devils.

7. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Are you sure you want to use Fuma? He has 3 jammer resistance awakenings. :(

Marr likes this.
  8. Marr

Marr Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah sh*t. No. Ok, so Zera it is. (you can see how much thought I've put into this, hehehe)

9. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

What are people using for a bind clear? I have a Revo Ra I suppose I could slap Lmeta on but I don't really see any other options? I have 3 Ilms lol so I should be fine there. Venus with some sort of light orb inherit. Ny Hanzo might be worth something? Shame Aten isn't a devil

10. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I think that light team sounds okay. But I wouldn't worry about every single card being devil since the new leader skill will be so nice. And if you don't like your light team, you could always go green or dark. :)
    Green you have Jorm, G/D Ishida, Sasuke, Revo Parvanti, and others.
    Dark you could make A.Okuni, and D/D Akechi. You also have Jize, Durga, A.Persephone and others.

For light I personally always go with Awoken Amaterasu. LMeta is probably the best light bind clear after that. You could also abuse someone like light Wee Jas.

11. Marr

Marr Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The problem with NY Hanzo is he breaks fire - now presumably you'd inherit over his low CD active, but his awakenings and stats are "meh".

You raise a good question with bind. We have exactly two options (assuming we stay on type): Baal and Ra, and each needs an inherit over (something like Amaterasu or A.Isis).

Probably running this team isn't worth it outside of a very narrow selection of 3 or 4 specific subs.

12. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Fortunately Viz does not have a color requirement. So even though the pool of light devils is very low, people can still go into a different color and enjoy the benefits. :)

Marr likes this.
  13. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Because light devils are somewhat rare, I'll be running Viz/Baal(with bind clear)/Ilm/Ars Nova(with Saria inherit). So (3) Viz means I have his active available any time, two burst boards and my bind clear.

Marr likes this.
  14. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When he gets his buff, I will finally try the Jammer playstyle. I have two, so thinking something like Viz/Viz/ReRa(A.Ama)/Venus(Saria)/Ilm? Only problem I see is you cant kill and heal at the same time since your only way of making jammers is to break hearts. Makes stalling a little hard if you have to kill after tanking a hit right into another preempt. He will have a lot of HP, but it still feels like it will be harder than I want it to be.

15. Marr

Marr Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And absent a second Viz and a Ra/Baal (probably Ilm as well) - this might be the way to go. I quite liked your guide in the other thread.

kiarahakura likes this.
  16. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Well if you have RevoVenus, she has some crazy RCV and some autoheal awakenings. I'm pretty sure a single 3 heart match with her at a x2.25 RCV would heal you up nicely :)

17. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Right but the problem is that in order to attack I have to break hearts. So if I am trying to stall, when it is time to kill, I have no hearts on board, so I can't kill and heal up at the same time. Im thinking of a situation like Lifive->DQ Hera, etc., where you need to kill and heal at the same time. You have more experience with this than I do, I am just thinking that if my only source of Jammers is to break hearts, stalling would be very difficult. Am I missing something? Just seems like every time you would stall, you would eventually go into the next level having just eaten a hit that you couldnt heal up from because you had to break your hearts to attack.

18. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I understand where you are coming from. And the answer is that you use viz first and save the extra jammers. Usually from a viz active you'll get more jammers than you really need in one turn. After using viz, you then use someone like Wukong or Paimon in order to get at least 3 hearts on the board. This way if you are rocking someone like Venus the single heart match will cover you just fine.

In the end there is no easy answer other than to just be stingy when it comes to using the jammers from a viz active. That way you won't destroy your hearts unless you have to. Sheilds (like indra) or full on damage voids (like raphael) are also something to heavily consider if you are looking at stalling long term.

Your box is amazing and you have way more options that some of us do. So I'm sure with a bit of trial and error you could get past almost anything. ;)

19. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gotcha! I figured you would have much more real-world experience with this, that makes sense. So make Jammers, then hearts, then kill+heal if you need to. Otherwise just blow shit up ;)

kiarahakura likes this.
  20. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Pretty much. The dogs are a very kill or be killed playstyle. Dark fenrir more so then his light brother of course with a x1/x2025/x1 leader skill lmao

bp1976 likes this.