First Julie A3 Clear!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by bp1976, May 9, 2017.

1. Shadowdrak

Shadowdrak Well-Known Member

IMG_5711.jpg IMG_5709.jpg IMG_5703.jpg Would I be that guy @bp1976? Lol

I love that build. Damage is so much more consistent thru out the team. Handles every Radar spawn easily with the exception of Gaiadra...he is such a PITA. Got to get more mech killers on my other Julie's to make it easier. So far I'm 2/3 on Gaiadra wins.

This build, with 2 attacker latents on Y'Shotal, can ohko Vishnu. The pic was 2 turns in cause I got a 3rd skyfall when I only needed two combos.

David@PF, PDF3, Arranging and 2 others like this.
  2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That is crazy... for the Ragdrag team with Odin what are the latents?

3. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Also curious about this.

Odin Dragon's typing allows for crap killer latents. So I'm curious if there is a relevant one I'm overlooking.

4. Shadowdrak

Looks like odindra can only take:devil/machine/physical/healer killers.

Honestly, healer killers are a waste, but some like it in case of Lkali and a bad board.

I'd avoid physical killers cause of illshit and the team being wood focused. Might pull it off with good damage control...but skyfalls love you when you try lol

Devil killer? Uh...Parv?

I'd go with machine killers if you decide to add killers. Give you an edge on Gaiadra.

5. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    If you stray far from Ilm family, you get no pal points from me! :p

6. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, so to get all of my thoughts in one place:

Optimal latent setup will be:
    2x Healer Killer, 1 SDR on each lead Julie (To help on LKali)
    2x Machine Killer, 1 SDR on all three Ragdrag (To help on Gaia)
    2x Physical Killer, 1 SDR on Odin Dragon. (Might use the latent expansion to go 3 Physical Killer in the future, depends on how the damage comes out against sphynx and meimei)

Physical killers dont hurt you on Ilsix. Ilsix costs you a board no matter what because you arent bringing a shield for his big hit and you cant tank it. So you kill him, he heals to 50%, then one wood and blue 3-match (combo at the top to avoid skyfalls) knocks him below 30%, then you use a board and kill. Even with the locked jammers, you only need three of each color and combos to kill.

Biggest trouble spots for this team are:

Zera. Just a pain in the ass like for most teams. In coop they are a breeze, see below.

Sopdet. Nearly impossible to do without Fujin. You can do it, but skyfalls will screw you, since you need to combo hard to get any damage but avoid activating. Funny how you just happen to skyfall 3 blues so often. I usually try and if I cant get him by the last turn I just fujin and kill.

Sphynx. None of your killers touch him, and he will kill you if you undershoot on damage. Weird because your Julies will do double damage but the rest of the team will do half.

Parvati. One blue and one green match stays under. She is actually not much of a problem

Hino. Will cost you your delay, which sucks.

Grisar. Requires some really hard comboing, sometimes takes two turns. Shield helps with his gravity.

Vishnu. Not as horrible with this team as with others. Damage evens out a bit, Julie does 4.5x because of color disadvantage and ragdrags do 3x. Delay and one blue and one green match stays under.

Ilsix. See above. Costs you a board.

So, your worst run is Sopdet-Hino-Vishnu. Youre pretty much fucked unless you killed sopdet without using fujin. And that combo will fuck almost any team. Hino-Vishnu is pretty bad.

However, in Coop: (Team has like 120k HP with a shield :D)

Bring 2 absorb voids (My partner has Uruka on Julie, and I bring Orochi on mine, and bring fujin on one of my ragdrags)
    One side brings the team above. Since you only need one spike, the other side brings Lumiel and ReAsty as inherits on two of the ragdrags.

Zera: P1 kills the Chinese Celestial, so that P2 can Lumiel, then Astaroth and kill on Zera. (counterattack boiiiii, their gravity doesnt even do that much damage because of the shield)

Sphynx, even if you fuck up, you can tank his rage hit.

Ilsix is pretty much the same, but if you wanna save your board, you can technically tank his rage hit. Good luck healing enough for a DQ Hera preempt though.

Sopdet-Hino-Vishnu, just use damage absorbs and delays accordingly. Only way you get fucked is if you get sopdet, then hino, then vishnu, then Heragon. And even then, you can actually kill Heragon, because you should be able to tank all of her hits except the last one, and even that one would be tankable with Julie's shield. (which should be back up if you used the skills that long ago). That gives you like 10-12 turns to kill her. And that is like a 1/400 chance of getting those 4 spawns. And one blue and one green 3-match stays under on heragon. Just arrange for no skyfall.

7. Shadowdrak

Hey buddy! Who still has Ilm/Ilmina is slot 1 and 2? Who coop'd with your noob butt not long ago? Hmm? Lol

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  8. Shadowdrak

Guess cause our builds are different, easy to see different latents and strategies.

Sopdet, yeah, I can ping him worth the $h!t either, so have to void absorb and kill.

Hino, yup, gotta delay and no other way unless you got poison.

Grisar is super easy for me since I stack more attacker killers.

Parv is actually way easier for me vs running the wood build. Easily do 3-4 combos with a water and wood match and still stay under.

Sphinx is super easy being color advantage.

Zera isn't too bad. Even if I over combo or get skyfall matches, next turn just ping a bit good and tank hit with that massive HP, than kill next turn.

No argument on ilshit, he's just a PITA for any team unless it's a water team that can kill just with his board change.

Vishnu I showed is super easy with this team, so no problems there.

I never had troubles with Lkali, so figure healer killers (for me) isn't worth it.

Gaiadra on the other hand is tougher, so that's why I'm preferring mech killers for me there. Did have a friend running the same team say he ohko'd Gaiadra with Sheen boost and 5 water matches...but Skuld or Lumiel never give me that much lol

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  9. ambiguous57

User ID:
    Alright guys, here's what I'm thinking for my Julie team. Let me know what you all think before I really start fully investing here:

Julie (Orochi inherit)
    Ragnarok (Astaroth or ALB inherit)
    Ragnarok (Pirate Sonia or U&Y inherit....yes, I know it should be Sonia but....:-()
    MAthena (Maybe Lumiel?)
    Odin Dragon (Sheen inherit)
    Julie (Ideally Fujin inherit)

10. Shadowdrak

Sounds good to me, what I mostly see too. Only thing I would recommend, and see more common, is to put Asta on Math. That way you have a shorter CD coming up faster.

One other thing, you might want a heartmaker of sorts to clear binds from odindras bind awakening.

11. Shadowdrak

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, but is important and you solo, the rcv badge is OP. I'm using the +35% rcv badge and either tanking hits without activating orbs present or just wanting to stall, it's so much better than any other badge.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  12. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Asty will make Zera an easy spawn, and if you get SGran there, her active is very helpful later on. I think ALB would be a mistake, you already have bad RCV, you need all the hearts you can get. If you have Skuld, her board would be superior to Pirate Sonia as an emergency bind clear.

13. ArmedNun

ArmedNun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ugh, my teams feel so poverty based when looking at these builds. I have been testing out:

Julie!Beach MeiMei/Nut or Orochi/Andro/Skuld/ASunQuan

Though so far I've just been trying to beat Mech Hera for the first time with it so I don't know if it's a fair test.

14. ambiguous57

User ID:
    That's similar to what I was running before jumping ship to the green based MP-heavy juggernaut. Blue is still quite powerful for most purposes.

15. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Is it still a coop if your partner suspiciously disconnects upon entering Grisar? Lol...

16. Shadowdrak

Well, why did you DC if you wanted to coop?! Geesh...some people are so confusing

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  17. Phavin

Phavin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How do you handle the terribad rcv with ragDrags? 300k mp dragon with 0 rcv makes me wanna choke someone trying to heal back up that massive hp.

18. Shadowdrak

I mentioned it earlier above, use the rcv badge if your doing it solo to help.

Most gravs you'll only take half the damage of anyways killing a flr with a water and wood match. Shield will carry over to the next flr and take any pre empts.

19. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Sucks that I'm stuck with the 25% RCV badge lol. 2 Ragdra+Odindra+Math = tons of cost :(
    20 cost short still. First time I'm short in like since rank 400 I think lol. You need like rank 800 to run that team with 35% badge.

20. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For julie/ragdra/ragdra/math/odindra, its rank 772. Replacing math with a 3rd ragdra drops the team cost by 51, so you can use the badge much sooner