Forum Improvement Suggestions

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by jade, Mar 30, 2013.

1. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    @Striku

Neochi will add emoticons, but he doesn't make the icons himself. Somebody needs to submit an appropriately sized one. (I believe the limit is 18x18).

2. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    @NeoCHI [​IMG] pls add this to the Awakenings section of the smiley list

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  3. ott

ott Well-Known Member

I just want to sound out again that now we get "contributor" patronage request pop-ups on mobile which is of a significant size blocking the bottom of the screen. Sometimes, it happens on top of the normal ad pop-up I specified previously so it is even more annoying and disruptive as you have to dismiss 2.

I come to this forum to help out other people's questions when I can, post information about PAD I get from other sources to share with the people here and sometimes get help with Japanese translation. The experience of this forum on mobile is starting to turn me off and I might soon just stick to the PAD subreddit and check here less if these pop-ups continue.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  4. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ya on mobile the original pop up add goes away if you turn it off but this one comes back at every page for me. On desktop it goes away right when you log in but that obviously isn't the case for mobile. I understand that this site has to be paid for so these ads are necessary but maybe just fix it on mobile so it doesn't come back every page?

5. Back 5

Back 5 Active Member

I just got an ad misdirect where my mobile browser went to the advertisers page without me doing anything.

This is a fast way for me to abandon this forum all together.

6. ott

ott Well-Known Member

@NeoCHI, I suggest a dedicated thread on explaining why this forum needs patronage, etc, like how TouchArcade did recently with a writeup: http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/22/toucharcade-needs-your-help-please-support-our-patreon/. I think it will be more effective than the current "contributor" pop-up as a thread can facilitate better communication between everyone.

I will also appeciate if there can be an explanation if possible regarding the new pop-up advertisements frequency and if it goes away when I log in, etc.

I have not encountered this on this forum but I have quit going to websites that do this!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  7. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Administrator Staff Member

If you click on the "x" on the top right of the pop up, it shouldn't ever reappear again unless you log out.

Btw, I'll be disabling this pop up in about a week.

I'm not sure how this occurred, but should be an isolated experience.

Derpinator likes this.
  8. ott

ott Well-Known Member

I just had a full page ad appeared on my mobile while viewing this forum. O.O

Are we going through some experimental stage with advertisements or can we expect this to be the norm from now onwards?

If I'm logged in, will I experience less ads?

9. NeoCHI

Those are google's new mobile ads. They shouldn't appear very often.

10. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    @NeoCHI Remember when the forums were first changed to this new and improved one and everyone complained about the theme being way too white and bright

Yeah pls it's really hard to stare at text when everything is a glaring white ):

bee and らぶたん like this.
  11. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Demon Destroying Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    having a personal vision problem isnt a reason to punish everyone with normal eyesight, try messing with your monitors brightness. After all black text on a white background is a fairly standard medium for the internet

12. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I agree with Zaku, we need to make sure the whitest thing in this forum is @TheSeiferOne !

13. ott

ott Well-Known Member

It seems that we have a new format for mobile viewing of the forum; it now stretches out to fill the width of my screen and I think it looks great! @NeoCHI

14. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did something get changed recently? The background seems a lot more white than I remember.

15. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I switched to AKarin theme, doesn't have white background anymore. It was getting a bit difficult to look at so this should work until it gets fixed/changed back.

buzzyrecky likes this.
  16. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wondered what all this fuss was about because I didn't notice anything different, but I see there's an "At Work" theme which is mostly white.

Ovine likes this.
  17. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The Infinirog theme seems like it changed the grey background for white, and a few others may have had a similar change. I swapped to Anubis theme for now because I like they grey background. But I liked Infinirog because he seems like a better mascot since he's a dragon.

Derpinator likes this.
  18. bee

bee Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Seems like all the styles where the header picture is aligned to the right had a background-color change.
    I agree that the white is really hard to look at x(

(When was the At Work theme added? Didn't see that one before but it's a great addition.)

19. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I use Baby Horus. lol :p

20. NeoCHI

Yes, the transparent background was messing up the styles in the profile page and several other pages and made the site look....unprofessional. The change was suppose to be for all themes but I forgot about merging the changes into some of the themes.

I don't understand why so many people have issues with the white background....90% of websites use white backgrounds (example google) and atleast we use a grey background for where most of the reading happens like in threads and conversations..