[General] The Awakening System (aka Awoken Skills)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by _BAD_END_, Oct 1, 2013.

1. _BAD_END_

_BAD_END_ New Member

I've recently been seeing all these threads about players asking questions about the awakening system, so I'm gonna make a guide.

What is the Awakening System and Who Can Be Awoken?

The awakening system is a set of skills/features that certain monsters can obtain (for a full list of monsters and the list of awoken skills, see here) by fulfilling a certain condition. Awoken skills are active regardless of the monster's role in the team.

Here's a simple way to be absolutely sure that a monster can be awoken:

[​IMG]

See those green squares on the right side of the screen (it's circled)? If a monster doesn't have those, it will not awaken even if you fulfill the requirements.

How Do I Awaken a Monster?

There are 2 ways of awakening a monster:

1. Feed the monster a copy of itself.

[IMPORTANT!] However, in order to awaken a monster by feeding dupes, you need to feed it the exact same monster! As in, the same name and monster number.

For example: If you have a Rosé Valk, you will need to feed it ANOTHER Rosé Valk to awaken it. Feeding it a Princess Valk will not achieve anything (except a lucky skill up).

2. Feed the monster this guy . You can get him as a rare drop in the Jewel/Metal Dragon Dungeons. He has a 1.5x appearance rate during events in addition to the 2x kings rate. You can also get him from the Pal Egg Machine.

An Example of Awakening a Monster:

Just like Ultimate Evolution, all you need to do to awaken a monster is to power up fuse it with its material.

First, open up Power-up Fusion and select the monster you want to awaken as well as selecting the awakening material as fodder.

[​IMG]

Then, press Begin Fusion. Unlike Ultimate Evolution, there are no indicators that tell you the monster is going to be awoken.

[​IMG]

Voila! You now have an awoken monster! It's that simple.

Additional Information:

Awakening a monster has a 100% activation rate! So don't worry about feeding dupes of your god and nothing happening! Skill ups may still occur!

If you Ultimate Evolve an awoken monster, it keeps its awoken skills. This remains true even if you were to reverse the Ultimate Evolution.

Feeding an already awoken monster to a non-awoken monster will result in the non-awoken monster gaining all of the awoken monster's awoken skills, as long as they are the same monster.

Awoken monsters will gain a number in a green circle at the top right corner of their icons. Once you fully awaken a monster, there will be a star inside the green circle.

Awoken skills are always unlocked from top skill to bottom skill (see Kirin picture above).

Feeding multiple awakening material to the monster will result in the same amount of skills being awoken (i.e. Feeding 3 Tamadras will result in 3 awoken skills).

The Finer Details of Awoken Skills (WIP)

Are you finding the in-game descriptions... unsatisfactory? Don't worry! Here's more in-depth details of some awoken skills.

Notes:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Matching 6 orbs in a line (like above) will be referred to as a "row" in the game and from hereafter.

The way awoken skills stack is additive, meaning if you have a 20% chance of something happening with one, you'll have a 40% chance of something happening with 2, and so on. All awoken skills stack, if applicable.

Enhanced Orbs:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Having 1 of these skills will grant a 20% chance of the corresponding orb being enhanced when dropped.

Please note that this skill only affects orbs that drop. Using an orb changing ability (the Heart Breakers, Mystic Knights, Goemon, etc.) will not result in enhanced orbs.

For the RGB Chinese Gods, orbs will remain enhanced only if they do not get changed by the active; orbs that get changed into different color orbs will not be enhanced.

Using Orb Refresh does result in enhanced orbs dropping.

Enhanced Attribute:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These skills result in a 10% increase in damage if you match a row of the skill's corresponding orbs. Clearing two, separate rows, will result in this skill being activated twice (doubling the percentage of damage done). For multiple activations, the rows must not be touching.

Using a skill that turns the entire board into one color, such as Goemon and Zeus-Dios, will only activate these skills once.

Ailment Resistance:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    For Resistance-Bind, only the monster who has it has a 50% chance of not getting bound. A monster having two of these skills will make it impossible for that monster to be bound.

For Resistance-Dark and Resistance-Jammer, the team has a 20% chance of the enemy's skill failing to make the screen dark or turn orbs into jammers.

For all three skills, the enemy will still use its attack, but if the awoken skill activates, nothing will happen, effectively giving you a free turn.

Skill CD Boost:
    [​IMG]
    This makes all of your monster's skills take 1 turn less to charge when you enter the dungeon. With enough of these, you could potentially have all your skills charged when you enter the dungeon.

This skill does not reduce the amount of turns needed for your skills to be charged, it only starts the dungeon with one turn already charged. After using your skill, it goes back to the normal cooldown.

I'll get to the other ones soon... If you can make a write up, post it here and I'll add it (and give credit to where's due). Any help is much appreciated.

So, I hope this answers any of your questions regarding the awakening system. If you see any errors, want to add anything, or have any additional questions regarding this topic, feel free to comment!

2. BenderPoo

BenderPoo Member

do you always awake the first skill on the top right list or is it random out of the 3 (i e for kirin)

3. Misa

Misa New Member

Always proceeds from the awoken skill at top to bottom.

4. _BAD_END_

_BAD_END_ New Member

Yup, I should probably add that.

Edit: I added it under Additional Information.

5. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think this is a good guide, considering the many people who are asking questions about it.

Also add in that you can feed multiple at once to unlock more than 1 awoken skill.

6. luke_house

luke_house Kappa

Oh btw, sort of on topic, this is a question for JP players, but does anyone know the appearance rates for Tamadoras in the jewel/metal dungeons? I honestly rather get a bunch of those rather than making multiple ulti evo'd monsters.

Edit: I forgot to say, this is a very good guide. Good work!

7. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've gotten two so far from metal dragons alone. They don't seem to be too rare, but they aren't exactly the easiest to encounter.

8. Giorno

Giorno Member

appearance is good, theres 1.5x appearance rate during event week, but dropping an egg is another issue :p

9. _BAD_END_

_BAD_END_ New Member

Added feeding multiple monsters will result in multiple awoken skills and Tamadoras get 1.5x appearance rate during events.

Thanks everybody for your input so far!

10. Smoogy

Smoogy Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Great job, Bad End! This is exciting news.

11. Suzuteo

Suzuteo Active Member

How do appearance rates work for enhanced orbs?

I have two Siegfrieds on many of my teams. If they both have 20% chance, is it additive (20% + 20% = 40%), multiplicative (20% + 80%(20%) = 36%), or non-stacking (20%)?

12. pulse

pulse Member

Enhanced orb appearance rates are supposedly additive. A full team with monsters each with element orb enhance awakening is supposed to result in 100% of those orbs spawning enhanced.

13. Rockum

Rockum New Member

I know the monsters need to be on the same evo, but what about the same level? Can you awaken a max level monster with a level 1 monster?

14. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    My question is regarding monsters such as the Ogres. They have two Awakening skills. Both are "Skill Boost - The entire team starts with 1 turn worth of skills charged."

What is the purpose of 2 of that skill?

15. Misa

Misa New Member

No, they don't have to be the same level.

Your active skill CDs start off charged with two turns... That's very helpful in Descends and other high risk dungeons.

16. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah someone else just said the same thing. That's a pretty horrible wording. "Skills charged" implies complete, finished, ready to go. I assumed it meant the Active Skills were in fact "charged" and ready to be used.

In actuality, its not that, it's "the entire team starts with 1 less turn required to charge their active skills."

Pretty misleading.

Edit: I suppose I could have went to the official facebook page and read "Team starts with 1 less turn
    needed to activate skills" instead of reading PADX.

17. Pixelblip

Pixelblip Member

Does the orb enhancement skill activate on fresh screen? orb change? Only on falling orbs?

18. Mikedawg

Mikedawg Member

Hey if this is a question thread I'm going to throw in a few that I have :)

Are the drop rates low enough to warrant me evolving dupes? Riders only take 256k xp. I also have two Lokis and two Satans. 700k xp? 850k? Is it never worth it?

19. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the wording on it is pretty clear.

"Skill Boost - The entire team starts with 1 turn worth of skills charged"
    1 turn worth of skills charged, not skills charged in 1 turn.

If you want to talk about bad wording, look at Odin's active.

20. _BAD_END_

_BAD_END_ New Member

Ugh, still not home yet >_<. School then a dentist appointment my mom forgot about! Woohoo.

I'll answer your questions real quick:

It activates from the get go.

I'd compare the drop rate of Tamadora to be roughly the same as high metal/jewel dragons. It isn't that high, but not abmysal. I probably wouldn't try to evolve dupes of gods, but that's just me personally.

I'm pretty sure they said if you have an entire party of monsters that have x orb enhance, there will be a 100% chance of enhanced orbs of that color falling, so I think it's additive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe I'll make a list of the skills in the guide... That's gonna be a lot of work.