graps' pad fanart

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by graps, Mar 8, 2016.

1. *A44

*A44 Inelegant but efficient.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    awesome, what a story!
    YY looks cute xD

graps likes this.
  2. Apollogee

Apollogee Amateur PAD Member

User ID:
    Oh no, I already knew they were shocked heh, it's how awoken Hermes was holding his caduceus. I have to agree with everyone though. When I first saw his awoken (before I even started my pad account), I was shocked at how different he became compared to his base form.

graps likes this.
  3. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Some requests

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    =-= i take way too long on these.. lol

To do:
    Typhon Ana
    Awoken Isis
    Khepri

Aand some stuff I was drawing in forum chat.. for reasons..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Vincent Flyer PPL

Vincent Flyer PPL The Last Extreme Gamer, Reincarnated Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You always seem to amaze me no matter what I pretend to wear as. I swear I still wish to cross play in the future...
    Also, hurrah for more beautiful art by you, Graps!

graps likes this.
  5. Apollogee

User ID:
    That halloween Xiang Mei looks awesomeee. I think I haven't seen you draw super ult sarasvati yet, she's a fun lead despite being a glass cannon.

graps likes this.
  6. CeruleanGryphon

CeruleanGryphon Casually collecting critters

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, nice art story there. :) love the awoken hermes reaction. :3

graps likes this.
  7. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    @strongax1 here's your Isis :)
    [​IMG]

and some reqs from Discord

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and Hkarin for an art trade. They will draw me ryune!! :D
    [​IMG]

felt like i did a lot today but it wasn't really =v=
    mostly make these between homework

I was on a road trip yesterday and the day before, which meant I didn't get to draw much. But I doodled this

[​IMG]

I really like Khepri, her art is amazing and her lead skill is very fun ! Which is why I hypered her almost immediately :D

still to do:
    Famiel
    Sopdet
    Uuvo Saras

thank you :D
    your costume thing sort of confused me but i wanted to draw it for some reason .. :rolleyes:

thanks, I was trying out new colouring styles on the hxm, I'm glad experimentation sometimes works out haha
    Added saras to the list :)

thank you! :D

------------------

I got an honorable mention! :D
    [​IMG]
    A whole bunch of people didn't understand it, including the people working at gungho NA. I realized this only today, but half of the references, jokes, etc in my comic are really obscure and unless you're a hardcore player it's really hard to understand half of what's going on. I really regret not adding a typed explanation at the bottom of the last page, so that people could atleast get what was going on at the end.

Here's part of something I typed out in a comment.
    For those people who have no idea what's going on, here goes.

This is a comic about the history of this game. The metas, one by one. The first one is "242" or the combination of a Norse and Greek god leader skill, in the early days, for 2x HP, 4x attack, and 2x RCV, which was a balanced and powerful setup of the time. It starts there because the metas before that were boring, that is Hermes asking I&I to go on an adventure.

They meet other blue pantheons one by one, in their adventures, eventually being joined by Gabriel, Andromeda, and more. The panel where Andromeda is talking to Hermes is a reference to mythology, where he helped Perseus (her husband). There it is showing teams as time goes on. Andromeda (and Hatsume and Karin), U&Y (and Sun Quan), ETS I&I, and time goes on.

Time goes on. 3 dark panels, showing the lore of the game (dragonbounds). Although they are not released at this time, it can be left to interpretation. Right now, the meta has Ronia (and her dark devils), Pandora, Sakuya/Kali, and more. I'm sure even the FB audience knows about this. Enter Juggler. slowly but surely enough, every single pantheon/gfe needs to be overhauled to match his power level. He caused the release of Awoken Egyptian, Indian, Typhon/Gadius, and he is why they were allowed to be so powerful.

After that, it shows the meta once again. Red, green, dark, light, they all have powerful teams. Blue has no Bastet, no Shiva, no Sakuya. UY isn't that great at all and blue is largely ignored in this era of combo leads.

Enter Ryune. This marks a change in the meta. No more is it combos, but rather, tanky rows are dominant. Norsebound, Panda/Luci, Astaroth, Blonia they all outshine the old combo leads here as the meta requires you to both tank many hits and dish out large damage to kill bosses. Despite their lower multipliers, they hit for larger numbers than the combo leads, thanks to the stacking power of rows. This plus the buff to Awoken Lakshmi (from 25 to ~40x), and the eventual introduction of Rukia, You Yu, and more, meant that blue had powerful teams as well.

After that, it shows some more adventures. Lakshmi and Andromeda in Arena (Andromeda is Lakshmi's core sub). Andromeda and Gabriel get their 3 row super ults (Andromeda laughs at his four autoheals). Mori and Blonia with Nepdra (Mori is a core sub on Nepdra). Awoken Hermes comes, the art is .. surprising, to say the least, and the girls are shocked at his new appearance. You Yu, new next blue MP monster, with two of his core subs, Skuld and Nut. Skill inheritance is introduced (the picture of the Flamtan) and Lakshmi has a great idea. Skuld steals her sister, accompanied by Andromeda who is her board change partner, and we see a sad Sanada who has lost his board change partner to some blue people who want to inherit her away. (Urd makes a red/blue/heart board, which chains with Sanada for a very good enhanced 2/3rd red/heart board for fire teams in general. Urd chains with Andromeda for a 2/3rd blue/heart board which is sadly more relevant as blue is the better colour lol).

Although not included, the introduction of Xiang Mei reaffirms the tank row meta, and we see a bit of a Xiang Mei vs Ra Dragon debate. What's the answer? Haha, Kaede, apparently.

Heart cross is buffed to carrying over on pre-emptives, quite a huge thing that many people wanted right from the start. But not making this right from the start was gung ho's fatal mistake? History time! When heart cross was first introduced in the form of Sumire and Kaede, it was a 30% shield that did not carry over on pre-emptives. I am sure many people found it a cool concept, but sadly, it wasn't all that great. They chose to buff them to 50%, which left people complaining as they wanted the carry over to pre-emptives. For reference, a 30% shield will let you survive 50k hits with 25k hp. This lets you comfortably stall on the majority of bosses. A 50% shield lets you survive 100k hits. That is the majority of rage hits, letting you skip many mechanics that outright kills many teams. They were still rather quite weak, but with the introduction of their ults, that tacked an attack multiplier on to the crosses, made the attack multipliers ridiculous seeing as they had a 50% shield per lead.

Kaede and Myr, and to a lesser extent, Sumire, start a brand new meta. Is this Juggler-level? Probably not. But it was a sad day for Xiang Mei and Ra Dragon users when they realized that the Myr they just farmed was better than their old top tier lead. At the end, it shows Sumire, ASQ/Hermes, ReLak, new blue teams that enter/were buffed because of the heart meta.

The fact that there was no explanation, and that almost all of the text bubbles are blank, leaves much of it up to the reader's interpretation.

(no my name is not bob smith :p)

8. Vincent Flyer PPL

Vincent Flyer PPL The Last Extreme Gamer, Reincarnated Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're welcome for that. I had a tendency to do some role play in the past on other websites. Not many would completely know that unless they dove into the old days where websites like Playcrafter existed. My starting ground, I world say, would be on the costumes that I wore years ago. The bee and werewolf costumes sparked my interest to role play.

graps likes this.
  9. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    I loved the story without words. Though at times it was hard to tell who was who, I loved how the story tells the story of PAD over the years. I appreciate you writing up the story for people to understand as well. Awesome job as always.

graps likes this.
  10. Sanspai~ <3

Sanspai~ <3 Master of all Salt, Sumire Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That story is just amazing.
    I love how without the use of much text you described the story of blue throughout all of PAD.

My only regret is that I wasnt able to join blue earlier.

David@PF and graps like this.
  11. Kreisler

Kreisler World of the Gleaming Moon

User ID:
    309, 977, 242
    PADherder:
    link
    Omg, that Khepri sketch!! A colored version please :happy:
    Also, congrats on winning honorable mention on the 4th anniversary contest! You should've placed in the top 3 imho ;)

graps likes this.
  12. strongax1

strongax1 New Member

@graps Thanks again for the beautiful rendition of awoken isis :D It looks amazinggggggg. hnggggg

graps and Dunamos like this.
  13. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Agreed; I love the Isis!

graps likes this.
  14. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

May I humbly request your rendition of Awoken Leilan (#2073) encircled by Revo Kagu (#3271) please. Thanks!

StarDragon12 likes this.
  15. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    She finished it ^^ albeit not encircled by rKagu, but beyond amazing nonetheless <3

16. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    =A=/ can i make a request for trailmix #3197

17. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    it's been a while since i posted ^^; not dead

First things off, please consider joining the secret santa! (Artwork gifts)
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/pad-forum-2016-secret-santa.99108/
    No skills needed, just a bit of effort and holiday spirit ^-^

---------------
    [​IMG]
    @Apollogee here is saras!
    I pulled her from 250 mem, actually. She is super fun to play & I hypered her almost immediately. :)

[​IMG]
    @SamS already showed you on discord but here it is, sorry took like 3 weeks LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sorry hino
    Here @ronsonson !
    I make a list of the requests I get and work through them slowly, on yours just wrote Leilan and forgot about Hino ==;;;

And some stuff from discord
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chrono turtle best waifu

List of Requests Left
    Revo Venus
    Acala
    Trailokya

--------------

Someone on my friends list (who BFF'd me for A.SQ) sent me this cute drawing, so I made them something as well :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

----------

Something commissioned by @ronsonson
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    David@PF, zxcv, aFireBlaze and 7 others like this.
  18. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    =A= oh wow youre really something else

have these likes

19. Apollogee

User ID:
    Ahh your Saras drawing looks very pretty! Thank you very much for drawing her. Also, congrats on your saras roll!

graps likes this.
  20. CeruleanGryphon

CeruleanGryphon Casually collecting critters

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    oh nice art! almost got confused by the forum for a moment there when i saw the fanart of what i think is Izmir. XD
    (started granblue a few months ago and focusing on water so...)

And that "thank you" Hermes is too cute. >_<

graps likes this.