Grodin Vs Machine Athena Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by bp1976, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bowler300

bowler300 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

So something else like minerva: "Deal 99 damage to 1 enemy. Ignore enemy element and defense. Reduce enemies' defense by 50% for 1 turn. Effects carry forward on sweep." would be okay I assume?

2. silfer

silfer Expert Lurker

PADherder:
    link
    Can something replace frejya??

Without a 1 stone tax?

3. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That would probably work. Its worth testing it out. Just be careful not to accidentally kill the golem with the defense break on.

4. Grenddel

Grenddel Member

User ID:
    341.176.228 alt: 304.371.241
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm building this very thing, just finished skilling Minerva in Taiko. Just waiting for tans to come back around. I'll let you know unless I see a post from you first. The defense break shouldn't be an issue unless you over kill the gear, but you should also be able to stall one turn to let it resolve either way.
    Robin from the batman collab would also be a choice but again would need to watch the dmg with the balance boost on Dios. His AS change is live since last week.

5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    There is a shinrabasho silver egg saiga card that also does x2 for wood/light for two turns (vs Freya: -500 atk, -2 rows), but I didn't have him leveled/egged and awoken and so didn't bother with him. Not the most available thing, unless by happenstance to hand, but an awareness mention. The soft stats should be fine in retrospect. I had avoided soft stats first run, but you tank / autoheal basically everything, and I was actually able to knock athena down from about 22-23 to 0 in one go without needing the available followup attack, so less attack is probably still workable, provided the rest of the team is sufficiently egged or skyfall fortunate bursting the blue dragon floor.

Also, you actually don't need 10% gravity Beorc convenience, vs arbitrary other enhance (parv), although nice if to hand (imho an eggs question, Parv much more reasonable to have egged), as athena makes enough second column wood that you can save wood and just natural board no skills nick her for a bit here and there when fine-tune whittling down, vs gravity whittling.

You can also actually kill golems without either a boost or defense break, by saving up a huge amount of barely fits on the board wood and going 9match plus a row, plus misc combos, iirc 5 combo will barely chip, 6 will seriously chip. As you are basically immune, you can retry again and again gradually. You basically need to try a bunch, waiting for skyfall assistance, as you have few time extends and it's hard to high combo with row/blob, and it's awkward to fit 14+ wood on the board as prep. It's a lengthy pain in the ass though. I killed two golem floors that way my very first run over, like, 40+ turns a piece or something stupidly dumb/long, died later unrelatedly due to totally incorrect skill use confusion, and revised next run to the alb^gzl thing.

I'm not thrilled with the mass pii thing, debating. If I go back and find a zero stone variant down the line, will mention. The simplest is putting one skill delay resist in the mix, that would do it. Gets a zero stone but Grodin 'farm' runs are still 20-30 minutes slow, so I'm on the fence about worth the bother.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    silfer likes this.
  6. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I know it's late to the party, but I just completed the dungeon with Muse inherit instead of Freyja and didn't cost me a stone (although I did have to retry a couple times due to operator error). The damage multiplier works out about the same since it boosts everyone except ALB, but it's 2.5x instead of 2x. The two things you have to worry about that frejya doesn't is:

1) On F1 you cannot use Muse to burst the golem, you have to do it with no skills (can be done by saving 14 green orbs and letting the golem make the 15th for a row of 9 and a row of 6). The reason is that you need the Muse burst on F2 to kill the red guy, and Muse only lasts 1 turn instead of Freyja's 2.

2) The other thing you have to watch out for is that when you are stalling for skills on Zeal and are ready to do the board change for the next floor, DO NOT POP MUSE UNTIL THE LAST SKILL. He does 100,000 attack and by then zeal's absorb will be down, so it will kill him (You won't need to use Jize or whatever inherit you have on GOdin). I died once because I hadn't popped Beorc's enhance before Muse and didn't have enough damage to put Star Justice down to 15%.

Otherwise it plays exactly the same as the video

7. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I think you might be able to use

8. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

You're stalling for over 10 turns on him anyway because you need Dios to be back up for the next floor.

9. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As I said, PADX seems to imply that the damage absorb is constant. Feel free to try it and see if it works and let us know, I am happy to update the guide if so.

10. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. PadGuide doesn't mention it repeats. Also on PADX, it says the pre-emp attack is used repeatedly... LoL.

11. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey, you are probably right. And according to @LabMonkey the Muse skill kills him, so why wouldn't the Ra skill do the same? I just dont want to spend 50 stam to find out since I already have Jize on my Grodin. LOL. But I am happy to update the guide if you can confirm.

Also, since @LabMonkey has confirmed that the Muse inherit works, I wonder if inheriting Muse on Grodin instead of Jize and using him to kill the gears would open up another slot on the team instead of Freyja?

This is you guys' show now LOL, I am done farming her. Mine is max skilled, and I am gonna farm up a dupe tonight and if I have a bunch of woodpys after farming arena, I will hypermax it.

Kurii likes this.
  12. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    The absorb on zeal doesn't go back up after 10 turns, so Ra inherit would definitely work. Muse inherit onto Grodin would also work, but would require a lot of stalling on each golem to bring it back up for the next floor. I wouldn't use it to farm, but to just get 1 Mathena and never go back (like me), it would be good enough.

13. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

So I'm looking at what Setsu posted (https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/notes-on-mathena-dacho-carry-team/) and looking at this post to come up with hybrid for co-op that fits my monster box. The P1 latents and +s are what I currently have in my box. Bear in mind this is untested, but hear me through.

P1 (all max skilled):
    +0 Grodin (Jize) [I'm using Robin because I don't have Jize, but it should work]
    +297 Awoken Liu Bei [5 ATK Latents]
    +297 Dios [5 ATK Latents]
    +0 Hera-Beorc
    +297 Awoken Freyja (Carat)

P2 (have at least 1 (Jize) or 2 (Robin) Skill Boosts not including Grodin):
    +0 Lv.99 Grodin (any SI that clears Poison on F3 - Verdandi, A. Cao Cao, whatever)
    +0 Lv.1 Shaitan or its skillup fodder
    +0 Lv.1 30% gravity
    +0 Lv.1 30% gravity
    +0 Lv.1 3-turn delay

Floor 1
    P1: Jize on Gear. ALB into 9-wood orb clear to kill Gadget.
    P2 & P1: Stock up 14 wood orbs for 8+6 double row clear to kill Golem. May take a few tries.
    P1: Kill Golem.

Floor 2
    P2: Delay and heal.
    P1: Heal.
    P2: Heal.
    P1: Dios, Beorc, Freyja, Swipe

Floor 3
    P2: Jize on Gear. Remove Poisons via Grodin inherit.
    P1: ALB into 9-wood orb clear to kill Gadget.
    P2 & P1: Stall for Dios, Beorc, and Freyja. Stock up 14 wood orbs for 8+6 double row clear to kill Golem. May take a few tries.

Floor 4
    P2: Delay. 1-combo.
    P1: 1-combo.
    P2: 1-combo.
    P1: Dios, Beorc, Freyja, Swipe [Freyja not needed for damage, but for Haste]

Floor 5
    P2: Jize on Gear. Heal.
    P1: ALB into 9-wood orb clear to kill Gadget.
    P2 & P1: Stall for Dios, Beorc, and Freyja. Stock up 14 wood orbs for 8+6 double row clear to kill Golem. May take a few tries.

Floor 6
    P1: Heal.
    P2: Shaitan. 1-combo.
    P1: Dios, Beorc, Freyja, Swipe [Freyja not needed for damage, but for Haste]

Floor 7
    P2 & P1: Stall for Dios, Beorc, and Freyja while doing minimal damage.
    P1: Freyja, Dios, Beorc, Jize.

Floor 8
    P1: Pass.
    P2: 30% Gravity. 30% Gravity. Pass. [Will be at 49% HP]
    P1: Swipe.

Floor 9
    P2 & P1: Stall until everything is up.
    P1: Dios, Beorc, Freyja, Swipe.

Floor 10
    P2 & P1: Stall out 99-turn damage shield.
    P2: When MAthena is Wood element, 30% Gravity, 30% Gravity, Shaitan, 1-combo [She will be at 49% with 20,580,000 HP remaining].
    P1: Dios, Beorc, Freyja (Carat), Swipe for guaranteed 27,267,892 damage.

14. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

So here is my .02...I am not sure 8 and 6 will kill the golem without an enhance. That is a pain in the ass.

You dont really need to stall on floor 9. P1 can keep hitting her when she makes green, once she is below 50%, P2 can 1 combo, then she will make a board for you to kill her.

Other than that, looks great! As long as the damage tests out should be good. Long, but good. If someone wants a carry for a Mech Athena they better be willing to wait for it. Haha

15. Kaijin

Kaijin Active Member

Its possible to solo mathena?

16. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I can provide the carry side if you ever want to go for it. I've got the tools on my alt for it

Kurii likes this.
  17. SA TQW

SA TQW Member

User ID:
    SA TQW
    PADherder:
    link
    Sent you a private message about a carry, if you're willing.

18. ArmedNun

ArmedNun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Man, that was a long run, I 0 stoned it solo. This guide has been an awesome help. I didn't have Frejya so I ran a Yomi inherit on my Australis and it worked fine other than having to kill the golems without a burst.
    upload_2016-10-23_17-24-25.png

19. D1m3TR1

D1m3TR1 non-IAP scrub

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    any chance of me doing this with my current box (herder is up to date)? missing freyja/jize/robin unfortunately, and gotta build a Beorc

20. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Co-op it, lot of flexibility there I found just going through it on my one and done tour with the alt; don't even need full carry mode. Alternatively can find a Grodin^Jize friend (when we get a skillup bonus again I should be able to max skill my alt's grodin who has a ms jize inherited for example and others have him too) and build using Fafnir for the enhance which I saw on one video. Also pretty much any wood enhance works co-op, summer Armadel in my case though I did have to stall out the 99 turns so it wasn't the fastest run possible.

Co-op gives so much more leverage though vis a vis I used a pair of Gemstone girls one on each side in place of Freya and it worked fine, co-op a single turn useful enhance obviates the need for Freyja and you have solid relevant pieces otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    D1m3TR1 likes this.