Help building the best team available for my friend. I am not familiar with the monsters in his box

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Hughthemus, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hughthemus

Hughthemus Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So basically, I got my friend into playing PAD about a month ago. He has gotten some really good pulls from the PCGF and the most recent one. I know that he has some strong leader potential, but I'm unfamiliar with how to help build those teams. He just sent me these screenshots of his best monsters, and I want to help him build the strongest team available.

He is a new player though, so keep that in mind. I want to build a team for him that can get through a lot of difficult dungeons, including mythical daily dungeons like keeper of gold, or the tri fruits. BUT he might have trouble activating difficult teams like Kali. So what is his best beginner friendly team available? He doesn't need a team for taking down Arena or the newest descends. Just a team to help him get him through mid-late game. I was thinking maybe one of his hero gods? He has a few good fire subs, so maybe his Yamato? That would also be good, because I'm his best friend and I have almost every top tier fire monster in the game maxed including a Yamato as well. He also has some good Grass and Dark monsters as well, so maybe that would be a better option?

Thanks a lot for all of the help!

Here is a link to his box: https://imgur.com/gallery/Bhfrd

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Well he doesn't have much...

Robin Hood/ Green Valk/ Osiris/ Balboa/ Freyja and pair with a Robin Hood friend.

3. Faust

Faust Active Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Both you and @Sherufanir are right. Your friend has been having some great pulls, but he doesn't have much. The issue is that there is a lack of synergy between his subs, which is a common problem for a starting player. If your friend wants to go with a standard wood team and has difficulty with Robin Hood's leader skill, the same team can also be led by Balboa or Freyja. Freyja pairs with Sylvie, whereas Balboa pairs really well with Awoken Artemis. Between those two, I would recommend Balboa because he has a much stronger multiplier.

That being said, your friend's strongest option is Ronove. He can potentially run a fire heavy Ronove team: Ronove/DKali/Rozuel/Gadius/Baldin/Ronove. Pairing up with a Ronove will give your friend 50% damage reduction and a 100x to 144x multiplier depending on the number of colors he's able to match. The team will also give him full color coverage. Even without a cross, Ronove becomes a 2.5-3x lead which i still good enough for easy dungeons. In normal dungeons, cross leads are actually really over-powered because enemies have no pre-emptives which means you cross once and then just match 3 or 4 colors for the rest of the dungeon and keep getting the 100x-144x until you take a hit (which won't happen doing that kind of damage). The team should be more than good enough to take on any descend or daily dungeon, but your friend will want to skill up his Ronove. The other advantage of playing Ronove is that he will make him a much better player. Ronove is an excellent lead for practicing crosses, rainbow, and comboing at the same time. Rozuel is actually considered an optimal sub for Ronove and Baldin is a common inheritance for strong Ronove teams, although your friend should run Baldin as a sub due to a lack of better options. Rozuel is an ideal sub because she has good color coverage, is unbindable, generates hearts, and has 3 TPAs. Dkali is an excellent board changer that will be useful in future rainbow teams and is a great substitute for RagDra who is the board changer that's usually used in this team. Gadius, while not perfect, will give him enough different colors for 100x activation, is unbindable, and has the bind recovery awakening. Note that your friend has to evolve Gadius for him to cover light. And Baldin has a buff/shield active that will buff everyone on the team except Roz. The nice thing about a buff/cross is that the cross is there in case you fail to finish off a boss and really piss him off instead.

4. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    This going to sound like a stupid suggestion for a new player but hear me out.....

I suggest trying to work on ronove. Ronove / d Kali / phact / balboa / rozuel / ronove is a pretty great ronove team. Especially for the early game.

Heart crosses are obviously difficult to make, but in normal dungeons you only have to be able to make a heart cross once, then you can sweep every floor by only matching 3 or 4 colours. Even his 9x multiplier for 4 colours with no cross is enough to clear most if not all of the normals.

-edit- I just read the post above, you beat me to it. However, once again I don't agree with the team you suggested Faust :p although not an issue for normals, I wouldn't want to run a team that isn't 100% skill bind resistant. Gadius just isn't a great card for this team, even though he makes hearts, and with phact and balboa you can focus with on green tpas for the bulk of your damage.

The added bonus of running balboa is you can run the super king carnival, or any of the metal / jewel dragon dungeons, with ease which will really help levelling your cards.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  5. Faust

Faust Active Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    @Moyuba We can agree to disagree again on team composition again :)
    1) Your set up loses a TE, which he'd want as a beginner.
    2) If we're factoring in damage that comes from wood TPAs-Even with Phact, most of his TPAs are actually on Rozuel who will be his most powerful sub. Baldin also has really high attack, so I think building around fire makes sense at this point. Regardless, I don't think the TPAs are a big deal at this stage and by the time they are, he probably won't be using Phact.
    3) Phact's active is a little awkward and can get rid of hearts or colors for activating Ronove. I also don't like Phact because he is largely a filler card due to his questionable stats and mediocre active on Ronove's team. He's unlikely to find places in a lot of future teams, so I think other cards, e.g. Gadius, are more worth developing because they're just better in more teams.
    4) Ronove dishes out plenty of damage without a lot of TPAs. The exception is Kali and super high hp bosses from recent descends. A damage buff can also be used in these situations and a shield can be a life-saver.
    5) I agree that Balboa's special can be useful for farming exp dungeons, but it's super situational.
    6) The biggest challenge early on will be just activating Ronove's leader skill. You said it yourself, Ronove is challenging to play. So a board changer like Gadius that reduces the board to 4 orbs (including hearts) can be really useful. Sure, Ronove can't attack with his board, but a 10x multiplier from 3 orb activation beats the daylights out of a 4x for just a cross or 2.5-3x (if he misses the cross). I think Gadius is a fantastic sub for a training wheels team.
    @Hughthemus Now your friend has two Ronove options :)