hypermaxes that see little to no playing time in your box.

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Moozie, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    my a.ra subs, 2 lkali, dkali and a.isis and b/g sun quan. ra only sees playing time on my push button teams.
    a.thor made him for a friend who bffed me a while ago, when thoria was popular.
    myr - don't like cross mechanics
    adqxq and her team and alt subs, l/r pollux, DQ, sakuya, apollo, baal
    my entire YY team doesn't get much action, my subs make too many blue most times to seperate, so sheat, a.hermes, gabriel
    cao cao and his scarlet team don't see much use, did use him to 0 stone hera 297 though
    a.haku, and what is probably a waste of mp now yomigon. machine hera gets very little use as well.
    poor bonia, took me forever to get her skillups done, and she just waits patiently. same with I&I.

I have 42 hypermaxes, and 5 holders, plus one of the 297 tamadras they sent out. and i only use 14 of them regularly. how pathetic and sad, huh?

shivagon, antares, urd, ALB, 3 dios, perseus with gonia inherited, and the king of all normal descends, a.luci and his team of eschamali, ult. panda, akechi, zuoh. and a.ra for push button.

not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

2. Xayvin

Xayvin Lady luck is on my side.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a few cards that sit hypermaxed and see not-so frequent use, it happens - especially if you're running multiple teams and have multiple cards from multiple colours hypermaxed. I don't see them as a waste though, they may get buffed eventually and see more frequent usage.

You never know when GH decides to add evolutions (e.g., Reincarnations, certain MP dragons like your YomiDra, etc...) or buff existing evolutions (e.g., Lakshmi's multiple buffs to her Awoken form, Tsubaki, Sarasvati, Hermes, etc.) Better to have cards done and sitting in your box - just in case, rather than flat out not having them, when they become all the rage.

3. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Freyr, 2 Karins, Blodin, Izanagi, Sonia Gran, 2 Kalis, Fat Chocobo, IzaWaifu.

4. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    i never said they were a waste, i used ra to beat upto challenge 8 many many times before i broke through and started doing end game stuff like c10.

the only problem with waiting for a card to have its day in the sun again is i might not be around for it. i barely have the motivation to log in and play everyday. i actually stopped playing wednesday night i think it was, i could have ranked up and kept going, i intentionally stopped.

I need the GFE rem. i could make a LOT of cool new teams with some of those leaders.

5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    SunQuan, second tier at any given boost/delay/lead thing he does.
    A.Isis, mildly surprising, prefer Orochi/etc base with casual row bind break
    A.Kagu, hasn't been a thing since A.Shiva fell off the meta
    A.Horus, never a thing. Ace still isnt either, and the A.Horus art is better.
    Kanna, future evolotion pending NA, but meh, will still collect dust.
    Attackeretsu, save for special anti-troll niche occasions
    U&Y, sucks that he breaks hearts else he might have sub potential
    Australis, I honestly can't even remember why I 297ed this.

I count gunma and Amon and DL.Yomi as legit in use for farming, if only narrow alb swipe farming for mecha, but pretty dodgy borderline. I'm seriously doubtful Amon will see use anywhere else.

I count Jade as legit. I don't run her often, but enjoy it when I do, and the 297 pretty important for ample team hp. Ditto for Ryune-Blonia. Heartcross has been a bit oppressive.

Otoh, silver lining, I think one of the Maniac badges, not yet in NA, is for 297 hypering, was it 100 cards? I forget. Something absurd.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  6. yrosx

yrosx bad at video games.

PADherder:
    link
    My entire Xiang Mei team, outclassed 5 mins after I finished it
    Awoken Luci, I played him like twice but i'm not really a fan of tank/row teams. They're too slow for me.

Probably like half of my overall hypers but those are the ones that stick out as I'm very unlikely to pick them up again, barring maybe Uriel.

El Purgator and Raizel like this.
  7. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    • A Mei mei - Used her for a couple weeks when bastet was meta. Figured out there were other better cards for bastet and havent touched her since.
    • Rozuel - I like Ame more for Ronove
    • Ronia - First roll, got me pretty far, but shes outdated now
    • Lubu - He just sucks
    • Beezlebub - Look at Ronia
    • A Hades - Ronia/Beezle Team

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  8. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nah. As the game progresses new leads/teams will become relevant/powerful while older ones are eclipsed and start gathering dust.

That said, out of the ~30 hypermaxxes that I have, there's only 2 that've been gathering dust for more than a month:
    - Krishna (297'd in anticipation of his upcoming ult)
    - Neptune dragon (because neptune dragon)

All the rest have been used in some capacity. I've got a decent elemental spread (6 red, 8 blue, 5 green, 9 light, 0 dark) so I'm able to match up with a variety of partners and coleads.

9. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1. Thumbelina, who I hypered just as A.Bastet was on her way out of the "meta". Still super cute. Rolled a second one soon after who I use as inheritance now on my Kaede team.
    2. LKali #2 - I hypered her as an option for a more light-focused A.Ra team (was using two hypered DKali's at the time), but I ended up barely using her. Sometimes she goes on a light A.Sakuya build but I usually run the dark variant.
    3. A.Anubis - I fed my 297 Zeus to him on a whim, to try to motivate myself to learn to play him better. Hasn't happened yet, and I'm not sure he'll see much use as a sub.

And @Moozie , remember when you were feeling left behind with number of hypers? I'm only at 32 ;)

10. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My hypermax Z8 team of Z8/Yomigon/Satsuki/Satsuki/Typhon.

I WOULD USE IT MORE IF SATSUKI HAD ANY ULTS TO SPEAK OF.

11. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Cecil. Freyja. X.M. Kinda regret buying her. Wonder if she will get an uuvo like yomigon.
    I 297d a bunch of things that's were realeased in the stream from a month ago. Durga, dupe okuni, Ganesha, and I have 3 fodders right now. Which could go to the 2 balanced akechi and anaphon im gonna make but I will wait before pushing the trigger on that, or they will go to my 2 ilms and bride Iza. Then work on hypering my red ilm team. Good thing sttd is so damn good for plus eggs now

12. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Pretty much everything

Xiang Mei
    Kenshin
    Tsubaki
    Awoken Leilan
    Poogie
    Baby Tyrra

Blue Myr
    Mion
    Rukia
    4x I&I
    Beach Lakshmi
    Beach Meimei
    2x Kougyoku
    Baby Plessie

Bastet Ace
    Awoken Artemis
    Awoken Bastet
    Acala

Light Myr
    Yuna
    L/R Pollux
    Paimon
    2x Yang Guifei
    Linka
    2x Facet
    Ars Nova
    Wedding Sopdet
    Wedding Izanami
    Moogle

Halloween Kali
    Saito
    Awoken Persephone
    Eschamali
    Awoken Yomi
    8x Pandoras
    Beach Pandora
    Satsuki
    Yukari
    Wedding Lilith

And 35 +egg holders

13. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Flandre Just out of curiosity, what teams do you use if you're not using those?

Horus was my starting pull and my first hypermax, but I only recently picked him up again for use in my Tsubaki team as AceHorus. He's also getting played as a lead (which is getting +297 Sherias and A.Isis some use as well haha).

Distribution of my 30 plusses is 4 placeholders, 7 red, 10 blue, 2 green, 1 light (sadly), 6 dark. I thought I had more light plusses than that, but my light box sucks so much...

I use all of them except for 2/3 Sumire and Saito. Who said Sumire system was a good idea... it can't kill anything in my clumsy, slow fingers. And Saito... my only collab gold... x.x

14. Vert1go

Vert1go Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Brachy-bean
    Himi Udon
    Moogle
    I should probably stop maxing my fav cards

15. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Anubis, Sakuya, Kushinada

16. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ugh this list is not as bad as it could be, but still way longer than it should be.

Ones I literally never use:

RSonia
    Kushinada (will hopefully change with her Awoken form)
    L. Akechi (I guess I got too excited when I pulled him. And it was that on the day that we had half stam 10x + Tengu runs)

Ones I don't use often enough to have justified the +297:

Awoken Karin
    Light Valk
    Yuria

17. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    That musta been costly. Bastet was meta before 10x descends.

18. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    I'm terrible at farming +eggs. I only have 16 +297 and 2.5 +297 in reserve which may go to my Tsubaki team. Only A.Haku is not getting used.

19. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    @Orange Crush It was much harder to 297 back then for sure, but I've always had extra 297's lying around so there wasnt much impact in "wasting" one on A Meimei.

20. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mine at the moment:
    - Nepdra: really only use him to farm Predras with now LOL
    - Awoken I&I: used her in the last C10 to one shot but that was pretty much the only occasion in a while
    - Freyja: hypered her and then never used her :c
    - Izanagi: replaced by Kanna in Hathor team
    - Diza: Haven't had to use a shield in a long time
    - Z8: Was only a sub for Yomi, then I rolled other options

I don't really regret any hypers because they were all useful at some point and helped me to get where I am now. And it's nice to have them for the occasion where I want to have fun and want to pull out an old team or something.