Isis Substitutes for RaDra?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by LazarusPD, Jan 6, 2017.

1. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    She still eludes me, only egyptian god I don't have lol.

What are good substitutes for Isis on a RaDra team? Need something else to cover B/G

Current team plan:
    Radra (Indra)/DKali/DKali/????/Kanna

Could Inherit another DKali somewhere, and Roots somewhere as well, or Maeda.

Thanks.

EDIT: It's okay to just list whatever you think might be good, then I'll see what I have lol.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Arranging likes this.
  2. Sixant789

Sixant789 Member

User ID:
    Sam
    PADherder:
    link
  3. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

Upcoming Balboa uvo seems like a good option if you have him.

LazarusPD likes this.
  4. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    I do indeed have him, honestly seems like my only option at the moment lol.

honestrade likes this.
  5. honestrade

Nice! Was pretty much the only option I could come up with without having to change up your core subs. Only problem now is waiting ~2 months.

6. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    What would you do if you could change my core subs?

I could also just stick Awoken Orochi on the team instead as well

7. honestrade

Probably replace Kanna with Revo Ra and use Revo Orochi. I think using Balboa is preferable though because you keep your whole team unbindable and keep Kanna and her TPAs.

LazarusPD likes this.
  8. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Take out the second DKali (inherit her on the first one for SDR purpose and stat boost), inherit Roots on Revo Ra, and use Kepri (or any other unbindable blue god) in the last slot inherit Orochi. The long CD doesn't really matter since delay is a one time only use in arenas, and its usually quite late.

The vast majority of time you'll just kill things with 56x and Kanna's dongs. Hence Kanna is much more important than a second DKali.

Arranging, honestrade and LazarusPD like this.
  9. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    And then after NA gets the Balboa buff would you suggest DKali x2/Balboa/Kanna?

wangatang0830 likes this.
  10. wangatang0830

For when you don't have to worry about Vishnu, sure.

LazarusPD likes this.
  11. Taekwondo720

Taekwondo720 New Member

User ID:
    I'm in the same boat. I use Y'shtola, she's unbindable and provides the hearts I need to stall. Reliable arena 1 clears with no inherits

12. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    I'm assuming the god killer screws the team over on Vishnu?

13. wangatang0830

It's the combination of god and attacker killer, which altogether deals 9x to Vishnu, basically make him impossible to kill.

The god killer alone is not that bad, as Balboa's attack is not very high. Balboa does not have colour advantage against light or dark, so Sopdet is not a problem.

LazarusPD likes this.
  14. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

So just don't take him into arena 2/3 solo. In coop it could be fine as long as you don't match green on your turn. Difficult still yeah cause skyfalls and shit but possible probably.

LazarusPD likes this.
  15. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    The real pivot of it, in my opinion, is whether you are constrained to wood/water. Or whether you are running something like RevoRa or Librarian Kali or RevoParv that covers wood, as that opens the door a bit to unbindable water with god typing and a non-vexing active.

If constrained, it's typically A.Isis, Khephri, or Balboa.
    You can stray off the indian reservation are just sail three sheets to the wind with bindable cards like orochi, but it will bite you on occasion.

If you cover wood elsewhere and are just in the god-type unbindable water market, candidates include...

NY Ama (happily light dominant, heal probably superfluous but ok)
    DMeta (base shield a little superfluous, but sure, solid hp stat)
    Lmeta (haters gonna hate. Light based low cd Isis impersonator.)
    Wetatron (as above, but diet hate with half the calories)
    Famiel (x3 TPA, lase, awkward board change active and low hp though)
    Lumiel (x3 and a laser, like Famiel an awkward board change / stats)
    Aizen (shrug base active but nice fingers and stats, rare box likelihood)
    Ichigo (whale enough to have Ichigo but not Isis, eh...)
    Ame (bad awakenings, but cd6, lulz at boosted rcv base active)
    RevoNeptune (good stats, terribad cooldown and everything else)
    Noah (if we're running flair nonsense, why not Polaris and capybara?)

Despite how bad some of the base active can seem, if the card is going to inherit a delay, likely used only once, and just needs to be a stat stick and or damage stick with reliable unbindability... well, RevoNeptune cooldown may blow, and the combined inherit take a while, but the 1000 base stats are dope. It's not that dumb if it works, if you want the delay on floor 15 or so, or just before the radar to scramble up other cards/inherits. Lumiel is awkward, but if the combo skill is experienced whatevs about easily tossing in dark TPA (dkali doesn't mind dark TPA anyway), she hits like a Kanna. Shrug. I'm not in this boat, but I think it's semi-reasonable at being an avenue to not just dying 20% to balboa double killers.

16. Shift17

Shift17 Member

Personally Im using rozuel because i dont have kanna so im probably going to use resusano over isis when he comes out. You would need to cover blue though. Some people like roz for her unbindability and tpas but you need to inherit over her. Im probably gonna do a bb orochi on her

17. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    No entirely constrained to Water/Wood or vice versa.

I intend to make Revo Ra, if baby light masks ever decide to show up lol. I do not have Librarian Kali but I do have Revo Parv.

Of that list of yours I have: LMeta, Famiel, Lumiel, Awoken Neptune (can be Revo). @wangatang0830's proposition is quite interesting DKali^DKali/Revo Ra^DKali (or Roots)/Khepri^Orochi (or DKali)/Kanna. I might try that for now as I don't think I'll lose too much dmg by putting Ra and Khepri in there. The pain would be skilling Khepri, but I suppose I can just dump some bubpy's.

18. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Are we really that far from SuperTans?

Khephri is decent. I have a different box, but gave it a whirl just to give it a whirl, and it was by and large fine. I tend to not mind jigsawing together complicated boards with multiple TPA, and therefater decided if I was going to experimentally dabble with filler subs, I'd testdrive Lumiel as equally unbindable, with the dark TPA doing x3TPA plus being good for dkali, and it was decent. More combo work, to light and dark TPA at once, but fun. Khepri base active is better, though it's not like you play to intend to use either base active. Extra combos are extra damage boost though.

Then I went back to Kanna/Lightening, etc. Just dabbled a bit for spotcheck.
    Can't read too much in to 2-3 test drive runs, but both subs felt in the range of acceptable.

Parv is more a Kanna thing, if she is already good light tpa damage, and you just want big stats for tanking stuff, on the assumption you'll inherit variously. Kind of weird to be in that situation and not be running the inherits as base subs, but presumably the inherits are utility on high stat base cards, making a peasant box that happens to have Kanna and 1 DKali do some work. Imho.

19. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    I'd assume we're like 2 months from supertans given JP just got it a few weeks ago. But yes, those will make skilling Khepri much easier.

If it were between Lumiel and Khepri, I'd personally go Khepri, better active if and when I need the extra dmg.

20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Put me down as another suggestion for Khepri. Keeps the whole unbindable thing going, 2 TE's and still packs a SBR, however past that not much, base active is almost worthless to a Ra Dra team as combo counts are usually high and time isn't usually an issue, but when looking at blue god-type cards that don't screw with a board there aren't a lot of options.
    As @HappyNoms has detailed very well the other options really are DMeta, Durga/LIza/Hathor/Okun(prob bad idea, not bind proof) but they give you coverage. Khepri is atleast farmable, gives you coverage and isn't bindable. Everything else either has an active that really doesn't help you or awakenings that don't help much either.