Kaede Team building

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by stratataisen, Mar 20, 2017.

1. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I managed to snag a second Kaede from this last GF and I never managed to get my Kaede team off the ground originally but I would like to try again. If I recall correctly having more than one Kaede is good, but I'm not sure which of the subs I have from my original team that I would replace with her.

Current team: Kaede / Verdandi / G/R Liu Bei / Ren. Paravati / A. Susano

I was thinking either Susano or Liu Bei or Susano since neither have a SBR on them, or I switch each out depending on what I run the team on.

2. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  3. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unfortunately, I don't have a Thumbelina (she's the only fairy girl I don't have, lol), but I do have other bind clear options. And thanks for the link, I'll head over there and look it over.

4. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I disagree with that. Susano is not necessarily next to go. If you don't like dying to Hera dragon or if you enjoy not dying to being trolled for lack of hearts Reincarnated Susano belongs on the team. Susano is an animal. He hits like a truck, has haste to keep the Kaede train going and is an unbindable bind clear. With Susano active on top of the normal Kaede shield you can eat the majority of hits in the game.

The team in my signature has Verd, Sylvie and Momiji inherited on the Kaedes, Susano inherited on Susano and Verd inherited on the Verd. That is it. No bursts, delays, bind clears or any other weird mechanics. It is all board changes mostly for the SDR. I haven't attempted Colosseum with it but otherwise I have cleared the game with it.

If you want something to make you more hearts then Parvati is a really solid choice. No question there. You could roll over everything with her. I just wouldn't be so fast to say that Susano is automatically voted out.

Liu Bei definitely needs to go.

All of that said rolling with 2 Kaedes is a real challenge. You will hit walls where you are just out of actives and out of orbs. I did it for a while and I wasn't a huge fan.

5. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can inherit any fairy girl that doesn't take away green orbs. The stat boost is minor anyway.

I haven't studied up on Revo Susano. I was thinking inheriting him or Indra onto a Kaede and keeping Verd for the board change. But I guess you could make an argument to remove Verd next instead of Susano, since he does bring better stats. To me, a heartmaker is valued over pretty much everything else on a heartcross team.

6. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Depends on the situation. For me I almost always have Kaede or Verdandi available so a great utility like Susano who has great stats and awakenings can definitely come along.