1. Do you play all the newest mobile games? Want to get those games for FREE?

AppInvasion.com is looking for passionate mobile gamers to be their moderators. PM NeoCHI for more details.

Keeper of Rainbow

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Ornitorrinco22, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Ornitorrinco22

Ornitorrinco22 New Member

Hey guys, I will give it a shot at keeper of rainbow later today, but anted to know before I spend all my stamina if a alraune/green odin team is enough for this dungeon?
    I have red/blue 50% dragons, d'spinas, dark knight and dark mkII.

Would this be enough or should I go for a painfully slow zombie team?

thanks!

2. Opa-Opa

Opa-Opa New Member

It depends on what your other monsters are. If you can power through the first three rounds, you don't even need a Healer Leader. Against the 4th round Keeper, you'll only need to heal 2553 every 3 rounds. Against the Rainbow Keeper, you'll need to heal for 4440 every 5 rounds. That should be plenty of time, especially if you have a defensive trick or two (Echidna, Siren, etc.) to fall back on.

The first three rounds aren't trivial, though. The minions hit for over 2000 hp every 2 turns, so you have to have some way of knocking down a few fast, whether you have a Healer or a Damage Multiplier in your leader slot. You could go with a Healer, attempt to stall and use offensive skills to plow through, or go with an Offensive leader packing a few defensive tricks for when it comes time to wear down the Keepers.

The team I've cleared it with is Tyrannos, Phoenix Knight, Gigas, Echidna and Siren with an Orochi friend. Two offensive orb-changers, two high-RCV monsters. Enough HP that the minions don't kill me in one shot, not so much HP that I can't climb back up to the 50% line when I need to. I really need to try it with Odin, since I didn't even use Force last time.

3. Merklyn

Merklyn New Member

I use my siren as leader, Odin as helper, echidna, 2 rainbow keepers and a light chimera on the rainbow keeper. I just charge echidna in the first round and I'm set. Takes a while though. It's a safe strategy.

4. cr4zyt0m

cr4zyt0m New Member

Attempting this with a PAINFULLY slow zombie team... doesnt seem like i really have a chance of dying it's just going to take like an hour to kill him

EDIT: As I quickly realized when I saw alot of my attacks do 1 dmg I should have brought someone with poison. Trying to get past the 1550 defense that the rainbow keeper has is like banging your head against a wall.

EDIT again: UGH I didnt know that you could kill him and have him not drop...

5. James

James New Member

If you've got access to a green Odin you've already taken care of the Rainbow of Keeper's defense—though not in an especially quick manner. His Gungnir light-damage attack breaks through the Keeper's defense and does reasonable damage. In a worst-case scenario you can simply make basic matches as quickly as possible and take him down in a bit over an hour with Odin's skill alone.

For clearing him early in gameplay you want the ability to clear the four knights on the third stage, the ability to survive attacks from the Keeper of Light/Dark, and the Keeper of Rainbow. Recommended is a healer (e.g. Alraune) combined with an Ogre/Titan/Orochi (make sure you can heal enough between the Keeper of Light/Dark's attacks or use a Siren with a high skill level) or an Odin. That takes care of surviving the keepers.

Second, you will want the ability to do sufficient damage to the Keeper of Rainbow. An easy source is a fully evolved resist dragon or two (fully evolved Lil' Dragons). They can clear the four-knight stage in one attack, and have the added benefit of being able to break the Keeper of Rainbow's defense. Two is even better, and these guys are good to have for all manner of dungeons. Odin can do it with Gungnir. There are some other special creatures like Vritra (dark dragon god) combined with a resolve team (use his ability when at 1 HP). Evolved Neptune can whittle him away into nothingness with poison. A light team can also combo for some good damage. You can do it, also, with any decent team if you have some good combo skills and maybe an orb changer or two. If you don't mind blowing a chunk of your Tuesday there's always Lilith.

And third, the knights. If you've got the resist dragon or dragons (mentioned above) you've got that taken care of. You can also handle it with regular ol' combos. Build up skills and set some orbs for multi-target attacks aside in round one. In round two, be careful not to kill the last knight and repeat. In round four, make sure you can take down many knights, effectively, right at the start of the battle. Four knights dealing over 2,000 damage every two turns is pretty brutal early in the game. A lesser Keeper can also help with this stage, through its ability, but will be borderline useless against the Keepers at the end of the dungeon. Same goes for Naga/Echidna. If you've got an Orochi friend as part of your strategy you can use its ability to buy time on this round as well.

6. Stfn

Stfn New Member

So I need a Keeper of Light but am not sure if I can take out Rainbow. What would be the best way to go about getting one? The easier dungeons, can he appear there aswell?

7. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

Yes, randomly. He can show up on any of the first 9 stages of the 10 round colored keeper dungeons.

8. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Try using a healer like (Siren, Amaterasu, Alraune, Archangel) any of those should work for you. The second part is using an Odin, or a Viper Orochi.

I would personally suggest using a healer + Odin. Good luck.

9. lalolooo

lalolooo New Member

I think it would be so hard to lose with a Healer and Odin strategy but it will be painfully slow. The keeper takes a really long time to atk so I think an Odin Helper, an atk x2 or x2.5 leader for your team is a much faster way to do this you just need to put a healer preferably a siren in your team and your good to go. I went in with ADK leader Sub: another ADK, CDK, Wooden Dark Tiamat, Siren enchanter and an Awoken Odin frd and it took me approximately 18-20 mins

10. bukbuklao

bukbuklao New Member

Sadly I don't have a healer or my own so I lead with my vampire lord and used a siren helper. Do you think it's possible without a healer using an odin friend?

11. lalolooo

lalolooo New Member

It is possible if you can heal about 4k hp in 5 turns. You also need to deal some damage too so if you have some high rcv monsters it should be easy with a odin frd.

12. JBallard100503

JBallard100503 New Member

Well I ran it with a Odin-Siren team and wow painfully slow. 1 hour later I have a Rainbow Keeper. Second run Odin - ADK with Siren sub, much better 25 minutes. The real goal is to have enough RCV to heal before the next attack. I never had a shortage of hearts ever.

13. YellowG

YellowG New Member

Definitely not worth taking a healer leader on with an Odin friend. It's perfectly safe with a Siren sub; with max skill on the siren, you'll have her skill up every time the keeper hits, since her skill cooldown maxes at 5 turns and the keeper hits every 5 turns.

14. crumpy80

crumpy80 New Member

I ran w/ my Viper Orochi w/ a Lilith witch (sub) and Siren healer and never had any issues but it took forever. Easily at least 2 hours. But i didn't have to worry about dying. some times i didn't even need to use the Force. Used more during the first couple of rounds w/ the knights.

15. amoeba

amoeba New Member

This becomes very easily once you have some rippers.

Healer lead + rippers + odin friend. Mindlessly match 1-combo 15 times, nuke away, mindless match 15 times, nuke away. Get him done in under ten minutes.

16. SlaterFlew

SlaterFlew New Member

would a valkyrie team with an odin friend be able to beat him?

17. hunhao78

hunhao78 New Member

Once you get a hades/hera 30% life reduction, you will breeze through this and hopefully the keepers fall.

18. csuzw

csuzw New Member

So I've made the odd attempt at this over the last few weeks and keeping failing at different points. I tried with an Odin friend but I didn't have a decent healer and eventually I ran out of healing orbs. This morning I tried the following: Gigas, Angel, Succubus, LHD, CDD and a fully evolved siren helper. I died on the 2nd round due to all the attacks lining up however I was wondering if I stall on the 1st round and then use rippers to clear the next 2 rounds, would the team be strong enough to keep kill the light/dark and rainbow keeper? I'd just randomly match and use poison/ripper skills to deal most of the damage and the siren/angel skills to keep me up if in trouble. I've also got a (very low level) Vritra that but I'm not sure if it's worth replacing the angel or succubus with it.

19. paulornothing

paulornothing Member

I finally just cleared it with Archangel leader and Odin Friend plus ripper dragons. To kill the keeper of rainbow I just had to heal 4440 every five turns which was simple as long as I matched orbs for archangels ability.

20. esper

esper New Member

Are people seeing the keeper drop with today's 2x rate? Trying to figure out if I want to invest the time and stamina on it today.