Krishna team and Inherits

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by severinj, Jan 10, 2017.

1. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have been playing krishna for a while and loving the team. I have gravitated toward running:
    Krishna/ Leilan/ Belial (flex)/ Urd/ Cao Cao as my base team and am wondering what inherits to put on them. I'm also open to switching the team around. Here are the potentials the way I see it:
    • Second Urd
    • Second Cao Cao
    • 2x Set
    • Freyr
    • Minerva
    • Ame no uzume
    • Uriel
    • Ronia
    • Hino
    • Motonari
    • Verdandi
    • 2x Saria
    • 2x Haku

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I strongly suggest throwing in a card with 3 TPA. Rows come into play only when you're at 12 or more orbs, but in the 7-11 orb range, TPA is amazing and gets the job done quite often. For you that'd be either Set or Hino.

Second, I suspect you've got a bind clear inherit on your belial, ya? Leader binds make Krishna cry. So Belial is relegated to that position and is mostly just a stat stick with awakenings. Minerva or Ame fill that role as well; you may want to juggle those around.

Urd and Cao Cao are great. They combo for an amazing burst, but otherwise they also provide ample support between urd's board cleanse + heart generation and Cao's antipoison+delay+red orb change.

Having run Arena until my eyes bled with Krishna, his skyfall buff is usually a hindrance (or neutral) and rarely a good thing outside of just countering an existing skyfall. His best inherits are going to be either a burst (Freyr/Set) to ensure no death from Kali, or a 50% red board (Mori/Ronia), whichever the team needs more of. Between these, I think Set > Freyr and Mori > Ronia. However, in a month-ish I think Ronia > Mori because the upcoming patch will increase stats on same-color inherit.

So....

Krishna (Set)
    Hino (Uriel)
    Belial (Ame)
    Urd (self inherit)
    Cao Cao (self inherit)

imo. Gets you TPA, bind clearing, heartmaking, burst, delay, good damage, and non-abysmal RCV for when you need to stall :D

wangatang0830 likes this.
  3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I prefer running RevoKagu and RevoMinerva as base subs, as the stats are bonkers and the x3 TPA on kagu are nice. 70k+ hp solo.

I shifted various board change to inherits, though it's not like Minerva or Kagu actives are bad if you pick your spot for whichever orb color is well populated.

I think I'm casual lazy running subs as RevoMinrva / RevoKagu / A.CaoCao / Yamato/flex at the moment, being slightly loose about easy board change hearts for Yamato bind break, and able to lazy swap in an unbindable Gadius if better break is warranted.

4. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What do you think for Arena 1? Would my Minerva (with a bind clear)/ Hino/ CaoCao/Urd be able to handle this? Maybe inheriting set or freyr on Krishna... or do I need gadius to help with binds.

5. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Minerva with bind clear active can handle it fine. It will mean slightly more stalling for the CD to come back up, since you can't heartrow on the fly. It won't be harder, just longer.

I use Roz as my bind clearer, with no active bind clear. Smooth as silk; only hiccup is Hino but Cao Cao delays him for me instead.

6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    What Phil said, but yeah, there are a couple of preemptive binds, (random Tama floor binds say hello), so a clear angle is warranted, else eventually you will cry into your tea.

It's fine if it's an inherit

I'm a lazy fellow and just base swap but I've run Arena a good bit and have become reasonably familiar with tanking this and stalling here and finessing that.

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I second this as well, Kagu is a beast and makes the team less orb hungry. I currently have A.Ares on my Krish but I am now second guessing this as most of the other popular subs do some form of water to fire anyways so I'm thinking about moving my Set from Shiva to him, or maybe put another off-color changer like Yamato on him, basically I have too many cards fighting to change blue to red.

8. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    - Pure Smile
    - Pure Smile
    - Silent Smile

Your 100% SBR party is now skillbound.

9. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As someone who runs Christmas Liu Bei and his 85 TPAs paired with krishna and rolls deep with TPA subs I can say it is a fun and easy way to play. You can shred pretty much everything in your path with a lot less than if you are going rows.

10. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thoughts on running Set, Kagu, Minerva, Urd? Maybe inherit CaoCao on krishna?

11. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not sure I would cover Krishna's skill. That skyfall buff is pretty nice.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  12. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I run Yamato/Sanada/ACC/Urd with a Verd inherit on Krishna, and I've only ever died once, last night, to Noah Dragon when I didn't want to stall him out and messed up my kill shot. I beat both the other one-shot challenges with Krishna without dying with the exact same team. Rows are rarely required for most things.

I had RGY on ACC for bind clear for Arena 1, but I find I don't like that inherit unless I specifically need a bind clear or a skill delay resist. I really like having a board change with hearts on the leads. If I don't think I'll need them, then I just use Krishna's skill.

Bind clear in arena is really only necessary on floor 6, so as long as that skill is up by then, you're fine. You likely won't need to use it again after that.

13. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

only inherits on my krishna team is force on krishna. team is gadius, uriel, urd, sanada. I beat all the one-shot challenges, arenas, anything end game. I love my set up. It has heart makers and good burst. I always one-shot kali and don't really use krishna's skill unless I'm trying to fix a board. I usually pair it with another krishna with force/mori inherit.

14. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What is Force? I have the rest but I don't have Sanada... any recommendations as a replacement? ACC? Hino? Minerva? Also- inheriting Saria on Gadius seems like a no brainer. Thoughts on that?

15. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Viper Orochi's skill, long delay (also that PADZ guy has it two, Zeta Hydra).

16. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

force is orochi's skill. I use it because it gives me time to charge up my other subs before the boss battle. ACC would work if you don't have sanada and I believe that most that use him in this set up throw a bind clear on him, but its not necessary.

17. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ohhhh I see... so the purpose is to recharge other actives.

I'm actually having a lot of luck with Minerva- bind inherit/ Hino/ Urd/ Freyr on Arena 1. Very good clear rate so far.

Not sure what to do on Arena 2 yet.

18. philsov

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Grats!

Prep up Famiel* as an inherit onto Freyr, Urd, or Hino. Make sure it's up for the predras, then proceed like normal. That's really it. The HP and damage output in A2 is slightly higher but it's completely managable with Krishna and that team.

*A lot of cards here work fine, but looking through your box it's all you got. I prefer lazer because option B is popping both Hino, Freyr, and possibly another orb changer to ensure they all die and burning off one inherited active is better than blowing half your actives imo. GZL active might work instead with his combo armor debuff + attacker buff and then let Freyr go to town.